• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Do you name your mayor after yourself?

Do you?

• Yes

Votes: 70 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 33.3%

• Total voters
I did, because I also used my own name in Wild World. But I wish I'd used my middle name instead, since it isn't as common as my first name.

kind of, it's like a variation. but i would have done my own name as well.

My mayor's name is my bf's name as he was the one who really started playing the game. it is even his 3ds im using. I just stole ii from him when I saw all the cute villagers. that is why im male ign. lol

I didn't, in my main town I used my nickname for my mayor, in my second town I named my mayor after a crafting resource in a game I'm very fond of (it also fits in with the town theme) and in my cycle town I named my mayor after my great grandmother.

Yup. I also named my alt. characters with different versions of my name (like middle name, my name if I was a boy, ect).

Nope. Video games are an escape from reality for me, so to have a mayor with my name would negate that. I get to be someone else (typically from a pool of original characters I've come up with over the years).

Plus, even though I'm a girl, I feel more comfortable when I use male avatars.

Last edited:
No I don't, I usually use some other name I like, I have a secondary character with my name but I rarely play them

Yes, I always name my main AC character after myself. The other human residents, however... They're always named after other characters I like.

When i was picking my town map i had a few different name/town name combos. & I would change them every time i had to reset when i didn't like the town map xD Whichever one i ended up with the good town map was the one i was going with, lol. Just so happened to be my name! xD​

Back