• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Do you like Main Street?

faceburn

Bells
I like that its there but I don't like its placement. I wish Nintendo would just give us bigger maps (30 acres) and let us decide where to put all of Main Street buildings to our heart content.

Being able to set down paths eliminate the need for Main Street. If you want to replicate the placement of Main Street, you can. You can place it the same way but in "your town" and you can decorate all around it.

I hate how lonely it feel to visit the Museum.

In regards to Happy Home Academy, that could be the only part that is not part of town but it would also fit in a 30 acres map and there is no loading screen, so you can check anytime for new houses.

Nintendo has already given us the ability to do PWP with some of the buildings that produce NPC so it seem like a tease that we can't change the layout of Main Street.

Overall because of Main Street, my whole time feel emptier. Blathers used to be right smack dab in the middle of my town as well as the Nookling store.

What are your thoughts on this subject?

I wish the museum was still in town but I'm okay with the rest of mainstreet.

i kind of wish that our town was a lot bigger and had more options for customization (like building placement or something)
and then we could just... construct our own main street, if that makes sense?
i just like the idea of making a customizable shopping area--it's sort of like... arranging/decorating a porcelain village during the holiday season or something, idk lololol

I would like more customization options and more shops ( this is why I'm arranging fake ones it's not the same thing but it's cute anyway)
but main street it's pretty decent it's relaxing strolling there and to see old villagers
plus it's handy having all the important shops on the same spot
but I'm agree about the museum it would fit better in town at this point better replacing it with retail
I think a pawn shop in main street would be more useful (to me at least)
now we have exposition rooms but what is the point if no one can see them on dream towns?

Last edited:
I'd have liked a mall-like mix. One big building to house it all. With actual shops with loads of clothing options. I love the Able sisters but they have few selections daily. One section for clothes, others for furniture, even a music shop for music would be cool.

I like that they put all of the shops separate from the rest of your town. It gives you more room to customize your town.
But I do think that having building placement options would be fun. If they brought the shops back into town, they would definitely have to make your town bigger, imo.

i kind of wish that our town was a lot bigger and had more options for customization (like building placement or something)
and then we could just... construct our own main street, if that makes sense?
i just like the idea of making a customizable shopping area--it's sort of like... arranging/decorating a porcelain village during the holiday season or something, idk lololol

That is exactly what I am talking about. It a shame this was not their intent. Perhaps the old 3ds couldn't handle it?

That is exactly what I am talking about. It a shame this was not their intent. Perhaps the old 3ds couldn't handle it?

that's what i was thinking right after i posted it. maybe if there's a new Animal Crossing when the Switch comes out, there will be more room for features like that?
(although, i'm not going to lie, if there is a new AC game on Switch, i would hope that i could somehow... transfer parts of my New Leaf town to it TT__TT...)

honestly, I really like main street! I used to play city folk, so I do miss everything being in town. It kinda feels less homey, but it keeps everything organized. If I had to change something, I just wish we could customize the times the stores open/close or at least enact two ordinances at once. I'm a night owl, but my town is full of flowers, and I'd never risk them all wilting :(

I love main street! Especially when my old villagers show up, it makes me all sentimental. I'd love it if we could decorate the ground with paths there too, it'd feel a little less detached from your town that way.

I kinf of like it, but being able to place paths and plant flowers would be great along with choosing where the shops go. I would love for the museum to be in the main part of town and for Re-tail to be on main street. It makes more sense to me that way anyway.

If the shops were all centered around the event plaza that'd be cool too. But like only if they gave us a bigger map.

Last edited:
I think I would have liked it if it more if it were a bit more like the city in city folk; I'm not a big fan of the way you just run down a line on main street. It makes it feel very underwhelming for a, well, main street.

Back