• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Do you know what months and times Scorpions are out in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I’m too scared to look it up

Tylerhelt14

Bells
Arcade Tokens
I was fainted by a scorpion in Animal Crossing: New Horizons on May 5,2020. Do you know what months and times Scorpions are out in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

I was fainted by a scorpion in Animal Crossing: New Horizons on May 5,2020. Do you know what months and times Scorpions are out in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Scorpions are rare to appear on islands, but between 7pm and 4am from May to October is when they spawn. :)

As the others have covered the actual months and times you can encounter the scorpion, I'll just say that unless they just appear unexpectedly while you're walking and they suddenly attack then there isn't a whole lot to worry about with scorpions or tarantulas. They strike a threatening pose when they notice you nearby, but if you just stand still then they'll calm down again. You can approach them slowly one step at a time, they'll repeat the threatening gesture so just stand still again. Once you're close enough using this method you can simply catch them with your net.

Something to note about scorpions and tarantulas is that they only spawn in open areas without things like flowers occupying space on the ground.

Not sure whether you still needed to catch one for the museum or something or if you were just asking for general knowledge, but yeah. They sell for a decent amount at Nook's Cranny too, so it's worth getting used to capturing them for a quick payday.

As the others have covered the actual months and times you can encounter the scorpion, I'll just say that unless they just appear unexpectedly while you're walking and they suddenly attack then there isn't a whole lot to worry about with scorpions or tarantulas. They strike a threatening pose when they notice you nearby, but if you just stand still then they'll calm down again. You can approach them slowly one step at a time, they'll repeat the threatening gesture so just stand still again. Once you're close enough using this method you can simply catch them with your net.

Something to note about scorpions and tarantulas is that they only spawn in open areas without things like flowers occupying space on the ground.

Not sure whether you still needed to catch one for the museum or something or if you were just asking for general knowledge, but yeah. They sell for a decent amount at Nook's Cranny too, so it's worth getting used to capturing them for a quick payday.
I know this is an old post… but wow, I’ve seen many many scorpions and I just started playing a couple of weeks ago. But it’s very hard to catch them. I haven’t yet mastered the slow approach thing.

I always get stung! Hehehe

Back