• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Do you IV Breed Pokemon? (competitively)

Yup. I don't battle much though. I just enjoy breeding. I have a box full of 5IV breed pokemon and a handful of 6IV pokemon. I do plan on breeding my 6IV Pok?mon for shinies.

I might try to IV breed, but I honestly have no idea what it is and googling it didn't help! I am enjoying just breeding them and hatching the eggs. I'm doing some starters to throw out to Wonder Trade :) (levelling them up only until they get 4 moves, this way the new owner can choose what moves they want the Pokemon to have to get exactly what they want).

Guess what guys. I hatched an almost 5 Iv Joltik. It's Potential was Outstanding with a can't be beat saying! I Iv calculated the pokemon and came up with these results:

Joltik - #595 (Timid)
Male (?)
HP: 31
Att: 22 - 23
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 28 - 29

Joltik - #595 (Timid) Male (?) : 31 / 22 - 23 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 28 - 29

Possible Hidden Power Types: Dark, Dragon, Ice, Psychic

The speed isn't that too bad right? I mean its close to 31... Isn't that a good one? Now I'm gonna Ev train it (Which I'm currently doing now and yes, Joltik has Pokerus. I'll never do ev training without it) and give it the right moves. After that I'll do Fletchinder.

Guess what guys. I hatched an almost 5 Iv Joltik. It's Potential was Outstanding with a can't be beat saying! I Iv calculated the pokemon and came up with these results:

Joltik - #595 (Timid)
Male (?)
HP: 31
Att: 22 - 23
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 28 - 29

Joltik - #595 (Timid) Male (?) : 31 / 22 - 23 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 28 - 29

Possible Hidden Power Types: Dark, Dragon, Ice, Psychic

The speed isn't that too bad right? I mean its close to 31... Isn't that a good one? Now I'm gonna Ev train it (Which I'm currently doing now and yes, Joltik has Pokerus. I'll never do ev training without it) and give it the right moves. After that I'll do Fletchinder.

I would trade him. I'm a huge Joltik fan, and am starting to breed for Joltiks, but I will be going for a 31 in speed. The way I use Joltik requires max speed.

since galvantula has a weird speed tier, 29-30 is good enough.

I would trade him. I'm a huge Joltik fan, and am starting to breed for Joltiks, but I will be going for a 31 in speed. The way I use Joltik requires max speed.
No way! That pokemon is for my competitive team so no.
since galvantula has a weird speed tier, 29-30 is good enough.
Oh good, I think so too. Thanks. :)

I breed competitively to battle my friends, not so much on-line. But even if I don't battle with my friends often, like you, I also find it rewarding! That and it never hurts to have a good team for...what ever reason haha.

once i beat the elite four, yes i'm going to start iv breeding. i never used to before because i wasn't as into pokemon competitively, i would just play and my goal was to just get high level pokemon. i didn't even know or care about ev's/iv's until like april when i started going on ps/po

it's really rewarding doing it though~

Last edited:
As of now, I've begun practising IV breeding; as I've clearly seen my handful of perfect IV pokemon easily outshining the rest of my pokemon.

Loving my perfect IV glaceon to bits. He was taking on lvl 63+ pokemon[elite four, dragon master] at lvl 52. I'm damn proud of him.

IV breeding was frustrating me because I had nothing good to breed, so I realized that people want bp items and are willing to trade perfect iv pokemon for them. I have gotten five perfect pokemon so far.

Yeah. I got super lucky today and got a flawless 6 IV Heracross as well as a shiny one. :D

Back