• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Do you have the same villagers in New Leaf in New Horizons?

MyLifeIsCake

~Impossomble~
Bells
Switch
7666-8822-8782
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Cherry (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Cake
Rainbow Feather
Chocolate Cake
Cake
Cake
Not sure to post this in the New Horizons board or New Leaf board, but yeah ... Title question. How do you feel about having the same villagers in NH as you do in NL?

Personally, I'd be happy to have some villagers I had in previous games show up again if I really liked them or didn't get time to know them. (Like Pashmina for me in NL, I wanted to like her, but she literally moved IN FRONT of my town hall...) But I feel in every game I have specific villagers that grow attached to for that game so getting them in a newer game doesn't feel right? Like they almost have a different personality if that makes sense. I know all villagers are just programmed with the same dialogue for their personality but it's all the little interactions that make them special to you. Do these feelings transfer over when you see them in a new game? Does it feel meta if you're still playing the other game to have the same villager in both your towns? Share your thoughts

None of the NL villagers are in my NH island actually, the closest to me is seeing their bottle message, but I want one of them to be in my island. Its something I don't mind since I'd like to see new villagers I don't have, not the same ones again and again.

I dont!i had marshal in one of my old new leaf towns, but i did delete that town! so i never got to properly appreciate him until i got him island hopping in new horizons!! i love him so much! i also had bob in new leaf.. time travel forced him to move out.. i hope i can get him again :’(

I had Gruff in New Leaf. I bumped into him on a mystery island and let him move in. I was shocked that I met him in the first place! If I were to do the maths, I only have a 2% chance of meeting one of my old villagers. That's a very low probability and I lucked out. I really wanted to get them again in New Horizons, but I've already grown to like my current villagers. It's going to be tough to open up more room for them.

I had Melba in my NL town, and I currently have her on my NH island too! I came across her while I was island hopping a while back, and I was super happy to see her again since she's my favourite villager! All the other villagers I have on my island are ones I've never had before, though. Hopefully one day I can change that by finding my other favourite, Poppy...

sort of? my dream lineup will have lolly, skye, sprinkle, diana, fuchsia and beau who i all had in new leaf but the others such as zucker and kid cat will be different :>

I don't have NH just yet but when I do get it, I'll try to get some different villagers. I might get some of my favorites, like Bob and Zucker but for the most part, I think it would be nice to get some different villagers. I'd find it boring to always have the same exact villagers in each game.

Back