• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you hate dealing with typos when on the phone?

Oh so much yes, very annoying. Unless I am in a good mood and auto correct says something funny!

Yes and its annoying. Its even more annoying with "Auto Correct" I wish I can just disable it on my phone.

I use autocorrect. I never bothered to turn it off and now I'm just used to it. I feel like I type accurately and well enough in english that the bad autocorrect suggestions doesn't get in the way. I do cringe when I realise I've made a dumb typo hours later or something though. The only thing I dislike about autocorrect is that the Korean isn't that accurate. My Korean writing isn't that great or fluent, but I can tell when the autocorrect sounds weird or suggests awkward/wrong words, but I use it so I don't completely botch a word I'm unsure of and am too lazy to look up. I have to write in Korean in our group chats for the office I work at, and I always notice so late that I wrote something completely bonkers... but thankfully everyone in the office is used to it and can kind of get what I'm trying to say.

I don't usually make a lot of typos on my phone because I read over my texts multiple times before sending them. I absolutely had to turn off auto-correct, though, and I don't like the predictive test either so that's also disabled. Auto-correct didn't like the way I type. It would change my dog's name, Tanuki, into Tanking. (Seriously?!) And sometimes my husband and I text in Japanese romanji which simply does not work with auto-correct.

Yes, especially if the word is a long one. I try to tap in a specific spot, but it either goes to one end of the word or highlights it entirely. Also, autocorrect sometimes changes words that I do not intend to type, so that's nice adding an extra step to go back and fix it.

Back