• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Do you buy things in Re-tail because you are sick of looking at them?

JaneyBriggs

Bells
I had TWO minimalist clocks in Re-tail for well over a month. Villagers would ping me to buy other things but never those clocks. I finally just bought them and sold them to get rid of them.

Anyone else do this?

No, I only buy something if I think I'm going to use it or if a villager requests furniture, and I see something there I think they'd like. Sometimes I'll pick up stuff in Re-Tail to give away as gifts, but I'd really rather just regift an item someone else gave me that I don't care for because I'm trying to pay off my debts in-game.

Last edited:
Sometimes I just buy it to replace it with something else, and sometimes I push them towards it if it's something I wouldn't mind them having in their house.

How do you force them to buy it?

Talk to them. Then push them over to the item you want them to buy. Talk to them again, and again, and again, until they buy it. Usually works but not 100% of the time. Maybe I just don't talk to them enough times.

Any item that a villager puts up for sale, I buy it and usually sell it right back to Resse. Hopefully, more of a chance to get Sloppy or Cardboard items put up for sale.

I always buy their junk. In my head I do it to support them and my town economy. Sometimes it's useful stuff but sometimes it just gets regifted or sold. I loose some money, I don't care. They love me for it XD
I usually won't let them buy junk in Re-tail. Been trying to get them matching (matching in their house not all houses matching) furniture.

Nah, I've had the same items in my re-tail since June. lol

I hardly ever go there... Just to check turnip prices and I'm out~

Last edited:
I don't really buy things just because I'm sick of looking at them, I buy them because I want to see what else my villagers will put up.

I buy it all so that they don't get anything new in their homes, I'm gonna make them have custom homes designed by me :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Lunatic How do you make money?

Back