• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Do the new mayors look better than the old mayors?

L u n a

The Lesser Light
Bells
Just curious if you think the new mayors in ACNL look better than that of ACWW.
I think they do.

Yes definitely. The old ones were short and fat. We were so fat that we apparently couldn't take off our pants or shoes.

I look back at old City Folk screenshots and just think how ugly my mayor was.

Yes definitely. The old ones were short and fat. We were so fat that we apparently couldn't take off our pants or shoes.

I look back at old City Folk screenshots and just think how ugly my mayor was.
Tortimer was the mayor in City Folk. Yeah, he's pretty ugly.

lol "mayors"

But yeah, our AC characters finally went on a diet and got taller. It's almost as if you get to be mayor in New Leaf because your character is older-looking and more responsible than that of the fat little horned-hat-wearing menace you were in previous Animal Crossings.

I actually often miss my tiny City Folk character, oops. ;__;
it took me a bit to get used to the new, taller models.

It took me a bit to get used to the taller models, too. I liked the short ones, because I thought they were cute, but I like the amount of customization we have now with the taller player characters. I hope in the next game we can choose a weight and height, so the player characters don't all have to be the same size.

I really like the taller models, and the increase in customization has definitely helped with cuteness.

i remember when the tall figures of NL were first revealed and everyone was chucking a tantrum over it, then someone put it in perspective and said "if you were tall in GC/WW/CF and then they made you short in NL you'd be saying the same thing" lol i miss those days of everyone being dumb about AC

I love the New Leaf design the best. I thought the old human characters were chubby.

I prefer the taller characters because there's more room for more detailed clothes! The short ones do have a certain charm though.

New leaf has more hairstyles and eye contacts. Their faces look the same tho.

i think the tinier models are a lot cuter but i do really like the new ones too! the customization is really nice :)

i think the tinier models are a lot cuter but i do really like the new ones too! the customization is really nice :)

I agree. I think the characters in Population Growing and Wild World are adorable. We're supposed to be children and we looked more like children then. However, I can't complain about all the great clothes in New Leaf. I'm so happy we can change our eye color now! :blush:

I like the look of the newer characters better, has more realistic looking proportions and don't look like a chubby kid as much.

YES,I don't care what anyone else says,the WW ones were short and stubby. Not saying they were bad. I liked them but the taller models are better. Plus you can customize your pants. It's more customization

Back