• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

DirtyD's Grass Experiment

DirtyD

It's gonna be a great giorno!
Bells
Ok. I often see people say "Dont run in my town, you will ruin my grass." I want to let everyone know that this is FALSE.

I restarted my town back in March. Since I had a whole island filled with grass I wanted to attempt an experiment. This idea was given to me by Rene from Gouville.

Here is what i did:

I didn't run in my town, unless on WFC. I also held several events in my town where I allowed people to run for hours a day on my island. After a couple weeks, no grass was missing. I kept allowing people to run in my town. Yet still no grass deteriation.

As a control group, I ran in a few sections of town while not on WFC. This grass deteriated almost immediately.

To this day I still have that missing grass I ran on while not on WFC. I still have grass everywhere else. And people run in my town ALLLLLL the time. I still have 90%. And it has been about 3 months now.

I have come to the conclusion, that grass does not deteriate while on WFC. Which would make sense because a lot of things are disabled while playing on WFC. For example, the fountain, catching fleas from neighbors, pitfalling your neighbors, hitting your neighbors in the head with your bug net, donating to the museum and so on.

So the next time someone says running ruins your grass, politely remind them that it does not. Grass is ruined when you run in your town, when NOT on WFC. It also deteriates when you Time Travel.

Ut oh... I time traveled back... .Let me search my town and see if she is still here

I'm not sure, you are welcome to come bring her now if you can?

Thought this might be a useful tidbit to many. I hope this has helped ease some of the confusion on grass

DirtyD said:
Thought this might be a useful tidbit to many. I hope this has helped ease some of the confusion on grass
It helps alot!

But I don't care bout my grass... :r :r :r

Can grass grow back? Ever since I learned about deterioration, now I always look at my grass and go: "Man, that's ugly!"

That's great to know. After I have caught a tarantula and scorpion, I will leave my gates open whenever I play.

Yes grass grows back. You have to sign on EVERY day for that day to count. You also cannot walk or run on dying parts. ALso if you time travel your grass will not grow back (Unless you time travel one day, sign in, sign out, time travel one day, sign in, sign out, and so on until 3 months has passed)

Today I went to my friends town and he said don't run and I told him it doesen't wreck your grass, but he didn't beleive me...

DirtyD said:
Yes grass grows back. You have to sign on EVERY day for that day to count. You also cannot walk or run on dying parts. ALso if you time travel your grass will not grow back (Unless you time travel one day, sign in, sign out, time travel one day, sign in, sign out, and so on until 3 months has passed)
So what is the rate at which it grows back?

Back