Digital SLR Camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Bells
(I've posted this on like three forums for advice.. :p )

I've been meaning to upgrade to a decent, beginner digital SLR camera for a while now. I'm somewhat partial to Canon because I've used my trusty Canon Powershot for who knows how long, but I wanted to know if you guys know of some good cameras (not necessarily Canons) that I could get started with.

I'd probably just be taking pictures for family and honoring the requests of my friends for their senior photos.

I don't really have a specific price range... nothing over $700 probably. I don't aspire to be a professional photographer.

Thanks!

Uhm, im the same but im more into nature things. Anyways im getting the Canon rebel xs which is like 400$ - 500$. And some reviews I read are really good. :)

I so wish I could help you, but I have no experience with any cameras outside of my phone, and my cheap-ish $100 camera, nowhere near as pro as an slr. (expensive stuff, lol)

please post back with your decision and how it works out for you :)

The Pentax K-X is a great camera. My friend has it and he's let me use it from time to time. It also has great reviews on consumereports.com. That would be my suggestion, though be sure to do research yourself! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back