• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Designing in ACNL

Sdj4148

Coffee isnt my cup of tea
Bells
Winter Mittens
Yellow Candy
I feel like designing a room is so hard in ACNL. Usually, I just base a room off of other people's rooms. But this time, I'm going to try decorating a room myself. Now, I've realized how hard it is to decorate rooms. Like, it takes a lot of time to go through the entire catalog of furniture, wallpaper, and flooring. Plus, if you don't have a full catalog, then it'll take more time to get furniture only to find out if you don't like it later. I wish that there was an easier to decorate. Anyways, tell me all your struggles of interior decorating! Do you have any tips or tricks when you decorate? Also, feel free to share pictures of you beautiful rooms!

I find it so hard too, tbh for my Mayor I just made my house the way I wanted it to be. And what my room looks more or less in real life (a lot of sloppy furniture) xD But for my second character, I knew that I wanted to do a cabin in the woods which is what I've done. What also helps is dreaming - checking out people's towns and houses and just finding out what works and what doesn't. I love the look of the patchwork set in red and green. And it is much more harder to find what works in your room if your catalog isn't complete or have a lot of items in it >< But you can always buy stuff on here ^^

My new house only has one finished room. I knew I wanted to use the patchwork refurbished to British. The hard part was picking out the wall and floor. I bought a ton of walls and floors before I chose the ones I liked best. Then I still didn't like how it looked, so I turned it into a library. Now I like it. Sometimes decorating a room that you really like can take time. Try not to rush it. Mixing certain pieces, and different walls and floors can really make a difference. I also like to make patterns for my furniture. That way, I get something that no one else has. One of my favorite creations is my rubber ducky bathroom.

Yeah, I have kept changing my house ever since I got the gold HHA badge because now I can do whatever I want, but I have no idea what that is XD

I just re-did my house, and I find designing goes better if you both have a broad idea of what you want the room's theme to be, and if you build it with a firm idea of 1-5 pieces of furniture you want in the room, as they tend to guide you as to what other suitable furniture should also go in the room.

I built a garden themed bedroom around a rococo bed and my favourite plants; a hobby room around the large bookcase, ebony piano, flatscreen TV and game shelf, and a lounge room around the Princess Sofa and my doll collection. My kitchen and wardrobe I didn't build around pieces of furniture, but as I had already decided what they were going to be it wasn't hard to fill them up. My basement was easy because I wanted my toilet, bathroom and laundry in there. I'd post pictures, but I could only do crappy ones with my phone so I won't.

I have one room that is completely not done yet which Is my basement and is also supposed to be a hobby room! It's a much more difficult one due to having to tie in miscellaneous items together

I like choosing a color or color combination theme for my rooms, then picking furniture I like that fits each room. My main room has a pink/blue/white theme, my back room is blue themed, left room is brown and green, right room is purple and black, my basement is green, and my upstairs is red and gold.

My rooms are posted here if you'd like to see them ^~^

I just finished the theme challenge and I've sold a lot of my furniture for new decor. I have a ship deck/ cabana room, a mermaid/ fish room, a gaming room, a cafe, a golden room, and a mushroom/ camper items room. I also have some orderable dlc sprinkled in each room since much of my decor is unorderable.

Back