White Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Tasty Cake
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Red Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
How do you decide to let go of villagers you like? I recently was planning on letting go of Jitters and getting either a new snooty or uchi (probably either Whitney, Diva, Timbra, or Tiffany), but I just found out that Lobo moved out of my Wild World town and he was a villager I was really close to, so I'm pretty set on getting him in Drowsy as Jitters' replacement.
But I was honestly so excited about getting to choose a new villager, and while a random villager will move in Lobo's place in Wild World, the chances of that villager being one of my dreamies seems sorta slim, especially since there is a lot less control over that sort of thing in Wild World.
All my other 9 villagers I love dearly, but I was so excited about getting a brand new villager, but now I guess I'm probably going to make my 10th villager Lobo because I would like him back.
So basically... there are two villagers who are slightly less 100% essential to Drowsy than the other nine, and that would be Sprinkle and Deli. But I still love them so much... should I just keep all my villagers, or should I let some go for the sake of adventure?

I guess you could ask yourself what would balance out the feeling of the town more: a lazy or a peppy? Also, I don't know your map, but you can also consider who these villagers live next to and whether or not your breaking up close friends/ characters that interact a lot.

I only really have about 6 or 7 actual dream villagers. The others I have are still favourites but they're more semipermanant and will leave as and when I decide to try out some other favourites. I find it a bit tedious to keep exactly the same villagers all the time, even if I really love them. I let go of Lopez a few months back and he really was one of my favourites, but there were other smugs I also wanted to try out. I've moved enough villagers out since to get him back should I want to and that is always a possibility for the future for you as well :)
I'd say give it a go, it's always fun getting a new villager

I only really have about 6 or 7 actual dream villagers. The others I have are still favourites but they're more semipermanant and will leave as and when I decide to try out some other favourites. I find it a bit tedious to keep exactly the same villagers all the time, even if I really love them. I let go of Lopez a few months back and he really was one of my favourites, but there were other smugs I also wanted to try out. I've moved enough villagers out since to get him back should I want to and that is always a possibility for the future for you as well :)
I'd say give it a go, it's always fun getting a new villager

i agree, its nice to have different villagers

I find extremely hard to let go of villagers I like, I know I can get them back but I'm too lazy for the 16 cycle. On the other hand, I also want to try new villagers. Why can't we have more than 10 :(

Man, I was such in a hurry getting the villagers I like so fast. I want to know more villagers but I just can't let go the ones I have cause I love them. I should have let them arrive randomly for a while to get to know other characters. Now I'm locked in my town with my favorites, but I want to know more! If you have the chance, get new villagers! Dont rush your dreamies.

a while back, i had tom and moe in my town. they weren't dreamies, but i grew to like them a lot. i let them both go because 1) tom wasn't the cranky i wanted, and 2) i already had a lazy in my town, and i didn't need both moe and beau

but as for your situation, get and keep any villagers you like. any villagers that will make you happy. whether it's lobo or a new villager, get whoever will make you happy. if you want lobo back, get him. if you want to experience a new villager, then do that. do what makes you happy.

if you care about the personalities in your town, see which villager will have a personality that will balance out the town/a personality you don't have.

if not, then just stick with a villager that will make you happy. don't get lobo just because he moved out of your wild world town. get him because you truly, genuinely want him. if you don't, then maybe a new villager would be better for you.

I've been debating whether or not to let go of Rudy, he's one of my dreamies but I've had him from very early on and I've been getting only repeat dialogue/letters/etc from him for a while so I feel like I've seen all there is to see with him and want to experience other villagers, but I'm so attached to him :(

Getting new villagers is always a lot of fun, I would say to let them leave if you don't necessarily need them but if you already know you'll miss them a lot or need them, I'd keep them!

I just got Chevre back because I've always regretted letting her go. It was a no brained to move Lolly out for her!

I had recently restarted my town but in my last one had a bunch of villagers I grew to love like Bruce, Fuchsia, and Snake but I had soon started getting bored of them and my town so I restarted and lost all of them but they live on in memories :D
And then I had villagers who moved away on their own mostly in Wild World though ;;

I don't decide. I don't get a friggen choice. Sometimes they don't say anything and then just pack up and lead and you don't get a say. ;;

I'm kinda in the same situation. I've had 10 dreamies for a long, long time and recently Coco moved out. I was super sad but then realized that I was getting really bored of having 4 normals. If you have multiples of the same personality, be aware it can get overbearing seeing the same dialogue over and over. I think that's one of New Leaf's weak points in comparison to Wild World. You already have 2 Uchis so if you add another, keep this in mind.

So if you get Lobo, only get him if you really like him. It sounds like you enjoyed his company so he would make a fine addition your town and you're lacking a cranky so he'll be good to balance things out. If you take out Sprinkle or Deli at some point, I think a snooty villager would be the way to go.

Either way, do what works best for you! :)

Back