• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Data corruption worries...

I usually wait until the Animal Crossing logo comes back onto the screen after I've saved, because I'm really paranoid about my game corrupting too. So far, everything has been okay :)

As a long time gamer, data corruption is actually pretty rare. Just save before your battery dies, don't get your 3DS wet, don't turn it off while it's saving, don't dupe (the way duping is done really risks possible corruption), etc.

Not all, but most of the people here who have had corruption all had it corrupt because of one of the preventable things I said above. Not because it randomly happened.

Yes, there's a chance it'll randomly happen. But it's extremely low. Don't worry about it.

Exactly. It's like fearing that you win in lotto. An irrational fear.

Not really. Winning the lottery is generally considered a pretty positive thing.
Losing one's town is an entirely negative experience. What's irrational about fearing misfortune?

Exactly. It's like fearing that you win in lotto. An irrational fear.

... why would someone fear winning the lotto?
Unless you live in a parallel universe where winning lottery is a bad thing, of course, which we don't happen to live in.
... so no. It's not "like fearing" the lotto. -_-

SodaDog is not having an irrational fear. It's something that;s negative and therefore can lead to a plausible fear.

Comparing it to lotto is nonsense.

If you've had your town for a long time like I have and others who started on the release date or close to it, then it is not irrational. Would you be giddy if your town that you've had for months was completely gone? No, I don't think so.

I've had a friend who's town just went corrupt and gone.
She said she loaded her file and it said it was corrupted. Yes, she said she saved properly too, so it's not irrational to have a fear on corrupted data, especially since Soda's gotten so far into his town.

She said she loaded her file and it said it was corrupted. Yes, she said she saved properly too, so it's not irrational to have a fear on corrupted data, especially since Soda's gotten so far into his town.

Wow, that is pretty scary D:
I would probably never play ACNL ever again !

Does the data corrupts when Isabelle is load is loading the game? My sister often closes the DS when she is loading and I am so ****ing scared that she will one day corrupt my file ;-;

Does the data corrupts when Isabelle is load is loading the game? My sister often closes the DS when she is loading and I am so ****ing scared that she will one day corrupt my file ;-;

Yeah, it is! I've just seen another thread about rosiekitty's file gone corrupt as well!

There's a high possibility that your sister could corrupt your town. Closing/powering off your DS in ANY loading state with the blue ring in the corner could corrupt your game, so please be extra careful!
Loading.jpgSAVE.jpgTrain.jpg

Attachments

• SAVE.jpg
    SAVE.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Ow Holy ****, luckily it never got corrupted otherwise I'd like kill my sister D:
I am going to be sooooo parano?d xD

That's incorrect. I save fully, don't turn off while doing it, my 3DS is only 2 weeks old, and my battery has never died while playing the game. And now 3 days in a row my data has been corrupted.

Back