• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Data corruption worries...

SodaDog

~the millennium is now~
Bells
Switch
2898-6073-7400
Cake
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
20 Envelopes
ど
う
森
5 Envelopes
Cake
Mailbox
i have the game since release and now, i'm scared of losing my data. I don't have OCD, but i'm worried that i will wake up one day and find out that my data is corrupted, losing hours of work :(. When i turn off the game, i always go back on it to check and see if it is fine. I don't know if it is good because it might push the game to corruption.

I also made my camper dreamie move in, but i'm worried about corruption too.

Anyone give me some advice?

do you have digital? you can back that up onto your computer

I AM SO NERVOUS ABOUT CORRUPTION

i'm extremely careful to save correctly and turn off when it's on the title screen

You won't definitely corrupt the game just by making a backup, but if you try to apply the backup, you'll lose your town.

You won't definitely corrupt the game just by making a backup, but if you try to apply the backup, you'll lose your town.

yep, once you paste the back up file to your sd card. Your town is dead. Copying onto your computer is fine but what's the point if you can't ever paste it back to the card.

I REALLY wished nintendo didn't do that

Last edited:
Umm...
You don't need to be worried about your file being corrupted...
Just make sure your game fully saves before ending the game and never save when your battery is dying (the red light is blinking).
Wtf... your fear is totally irrational.

Umm...
Just make sure your game fully saves before ending the game and never save when your battery is dying (the red light is blinking).

um wtf towns can corrupt other ways too??

Umm...

Umm...
What's with the "um's" and ...'s, and the Wtf?
You're comment toward him is totally irrational.

Last edited:
Umm...

People have had corrupted files even when following your infallible suggestions.

Just make sure you always save and keep your 3DS charged. There's really not too much to worry about, since it isn't that common to have your data corrupted. Most likely it won't be. Don't worry about a thing! :)

People have had corrupted files even when following your infallible suggestions.
I have never heard of a game that corrupts itself just like that.
Umm...
What's with the "um's" and ...'s, and the Wtf?
You're comment toward him is totally irrational.
How so?
um wtf towns can corrupt other ways too??
Other ways than...? Not saving properly? Well, by backing up your game and appying it, too, yeah.

Last edited:
Games do corrupt. I've played tons of games on all kinds of devices where I woke up one day and the data was gone for no reason what so ever. Luckily I haven't had problems with ACNL. I've had a friend wake up to her town corrupted she had a physical copy. I've had another who woke up to his town corrupted as well and he had a digital copy. They always saved properly, suspended and closed to game properly, and turned the 3ds off properly.

A few of my friends, coworkers, and relatives have had New Leaf games corrupted due to not saving properly, 3ds batteries dying, dropping their 3ds, transferring their data onto their PC, and accidentally ejecting their cartridge.

You just need to be careful on how you handle everything. Do everything properly to prevent it. There's no way of telling if you're going to wake up to your town gone. Don't get too worked up over it. Plus you are apart of an understanding community here who will help if such a horrible thing were to happen to you. If you're really worried you'd probably have to get a second copy and make a second town to your liking that way if anything were to happen you'd have a backup plan.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just how you worded your comment came off a bit rude. Especially "Wtf... your fear is totally irrational." Since this is a problem and fear that people have and some people can't control it. It was just unnecessary to say since they were just asking for help/advice not someone to call them out like that.

Games don't corrupt "just like that", no matter what you say or think... something must have happened.

Games don't corrupt "just like that", no matter what you say or think... something must have happened.

Of course something must have happened. But if Nintendo and any tech support can't explain what happened to lead it to corruption I see it as "it just happens." It doesn't happen very often but AC and ACNL has a huge fanbase around the world and somethings are just bound to happen to some people. You can't control it mind as well enjoy the game and don't worry about it.

I know how you feel, I used to be terrified with my old town and all the hours I put in. And I thought about it this way: If my data got corrupted I would be so so upset to lose all of that, but it's just a game.

This is coming from someone who has played WW, CF and now NL and I game a lot. But sometimes we attach ourselves to a game and it becomes our everything. Your data gets corrupted? Yeah it's a massive shame, and you're allowed to be upset. But then it's best to just move on and accept it. Hey, think of it as a way to start afresh and fix all those mistakes you made at the start!

Back