• LIVE A gaming session for Among Us as part of TBT Neighborly Games is happening right now! Join us in our Discord server's multiplayer channel.
  • We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Club Tortimer encounters

One time, I met a very awesome acquaintance there, we are friends now! She is awesome^^
I went there again and all I met was some awesome Japanese people! :D

Last edited:
Yesterday I ran into someone I'd already met on the island. It was nice to see her again. ^^

Although I think I accidentally scared some people yesterday. People seem to be getting too used to the fear of being held hostage on the island: they tended to freak out because I was starting tours (but I went on them straightaway!). :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have met a kid who kept bragging about his things (I got all the emotes, I have like 100 gold roses....etc. etc) But he was nice and we did have a laugh, and he shared a useful tip that no one else knows.....

I have met a kid who kept bragging about his things (I got all the emotes, I have like 100 gold roses....etc. etc) But he was nice and we did have a laugh, and he shared a useful tip that no one else knows.....

Hmm I wonder what that tip was *hint*

I've been twice. The first time I left pretty quickly because the girl had cut down all the trees and bushes and removed the flowers and was just running about... I realised right away that it was going to be pointless! The second time I went I was having issues with my wifi. I couldn't get a visitor into my town, so I tried Club Tortimer and connected no problem and left to see if the visitor would work. I did have a little conversation with a guy that was there though, he had full Link cosplay, it looked really good so I had to tell him before I shot off!

I've been a couple times, had one bad experience with a guy who'd just follow me around to catch all my fish (was only fishing because I was bored out of my mind xD ). The other times, I just didn't really talk to anyone? Although I had a short conversation with a 7 yr old from japan. awkward to say the least (I'm 21!) LOL. very impressed that she could speak english! it was like talking to my 8 yr old sister :p

Idk, I never really know what to talk about with people on CT. there's "hey do you want to go on a tour", but in terms of conversation topics... can't really think of any that aren't stiff and rehearsed (ohh you're from australia, nice. how's the weather?)

I've been a couple times, had one bad experience with a guy who'd just follow me around to catch all my fish (was only fishing because I was bored out of my mind xD ). The other times, I just didn't really talk to anyone? Although I had a short conversation with a 7 yr old from japan. awkward to say the least (I'm 21!) LOL. very impressed that she could speak english! it was like talking to my 8 yr old sister :p

Idk, I never really know what to talk about with people on CT. there's "hey do you want to go on a tour", but in terms of conversation topics... can't really think of any that aren't stiff and rehearsed (ohh you're from australia, nice. how's the weather?)

Haha, yes very casual xD

I've had no bad experiences. I met 2 nice girls and we exchanged FCs. I had to delete them though for personal reasons. I've been really sad since yesterday. :( I got CT again. Haven't been on yet though.

I only use the club tortimer to beetle hunt. When its day at my island and I cant catch beetles I got to the international one.

Very odd, but I remember nearly a year ago I met a really nice guy (assuming considering the pronouns they used, but iunno) who spoke mostly french and broken english. Really sad because he accidentally sat down for a tour before I did when he signed up Q^Q and I didn't get to add his FC or anything.

I have met quite close friends using Club Tortimer on ACNL before I stopped playing for a while. However, on my second day, I met this really nice girl and then a dude who held us hostage just to scream at us for being noobs. He set up a tour he'd never go on so I blocked him and errored. I never saw the nice girl again, but at least it was the same with that guy.
My most colorful encounter was probably a troll character who told me to go to Home Depot because he pooped his pants. 0 - 0
But I don't go there much anymore because you actually can trust most of the people on this forum.

Welp, I've just had my worst Club Tortimer experience yet.

A kid kept spamming the sad emotions and saying how sad he was for like ten minutes, and then says it's because he's broke, and asks me for bells. I say no. Then he asked how much I have and I say 22 million, and he says it's not fair and asked for 3 mil. I say no, then he says he's going to block me, and he actually does. And I say, "That's an a$$ move, blocking me just because I didn't give you bells." He then goes on to call me an a$$, a b!tch, and a *, whatever that is. He then tells me he's nine for some reason. I say, "You know lots of language for a kid under ten." He then continues to curse and I call him immature, he curses some more and I say "Same to you!" He than says something like "U r 5 with a 1 IQ" and before I can say something else he errors.

Mayor M. from the town of Nintendo, nine year old, you're an idiot.

From the Pet Peeves thread.

I went last night for a few min to see what they had for sale. Then I went out on the island to see if anyone was there. There was one guy and he was chopping and digging everything...so I just quietly turned around and left. lol

Worst I've had is a guy named Kevin digging holes everywhere. He was pretty pleasant and it was fun, if anything, to say "why Kevin" while he dug the holes

i've met some really sweet people on club tortimer!

i met a french player named chaton and she cant speak much english, so i used google translate to talk to her ^^;; then she started teaching me the french names for things on the island, and i taught her the english equivalent. we did a few tours and added each other, and now shes on my best friends list. she helped me plant trees/organize my town and is always very kind!!

ive met a french boy as well, but he rarely gets on anymore. he visited my town and gave me a lot of fruit i needed and left me a sweet message on my bulletin board ;v;

i also have a kind of horror story omg.. i met a girl from the uk on club tortimer and went to her town, and there was another girl there who quickly added me as a best friend. so i visited the other girls town, and when we got to her house, she basically wouldnt let me leave her kitchen (she trapped me in a corner) no matter what i said. id say 'i have to go eat, im sorry!' and she'd say 'NO!!! ill wait here for you, just stay!!'

it was us going back and forth for a few minutes (a lot of 'i really have to go' and 'NO, STAY'), and i told her i was 'sick and needed to rest' as an excuse. so of course, she acted out in text form giving me tea from the kitchen OMG..
i eventually had to power off because it was obvious she wasnt going to let me leave. so uhhh. that was strange

I don't go on Club Tortimer very often because of all of the experiences other people have had, ahaha! I have had one great experience, though- I was on the island with two little kids who begged for bells and someone else who was really relaxed. They kept asking her for bells and when she wouldn't give them any, they both left. When it was just us two, she asked me how many bells I had in my bank, and as I only had about 500k, she gave me 2 million to help me out and to thank me for not begging.

I feel really bad for those two kids, because if they hadn't been so whiny maybe they would have gotten what they wanted. xD

I was on club tortimer for my country, and no one joined because it was 5 AM, but suddenly 3 people came in at once. It seemed they were buddies and they ran around me and did weird stuff, then left. It was a little surprising, haha.

i looooooooooove all the crazy things that happen in club tortimer!

I was island hopping for items one night (sorry if youve experienced me doing that x.x) and it was a weird coincidence, i kept seeing this one boy. he would be right by the entrance and then follow me around the room doing the sneezing emotion haha. it was really weird but funny.

i spent like close to 3 hours just doing tour after tour with this one girl. we got like 200 medals, it was so awesome!

the island and club tortimer was such an awesome addition to this game.

Back