• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Celeste MIA during heavy shower

yoohamsta

Bells
Celeste hasn't appeared on my island for nearly 5 weeks, her last visit was August 18th. I thought for sure she would visit today because there is a heavy shower however she is nowhere to be seen so I just ended up going to someone else's island to get the Virgo Harp recipe. Her not showing up for weeks is just RNG badluck I'm assuming, but I thought she is guaranteed to appear when there is a heavy shower... I guess not? Has anyone else experienced this?

Unfortunately this can happen, even with heavy showers. It seems slightly more likely that during heavy showers she's present, but at least in my experience, maybe 40% of the time she's no where to be found. It really just comes down to RNG, like most of the game lol

Celeste has pretty much never showed up on my island on the days I play except for two times. I did have a heavy shower and she didn't turn up so your right, it's just bad RNG luck.

I thought Celeste showing isn't RNG... according to Ninji, who did some datamining, non player characters show up according to the below schedule: Celeste should appear on a day with a meteor shower, no K. K. concert, and will always pick a day with a heavy shower over a light shower. Are you perhaps still on a Saturday, so having a K.K. concert that blocked her from disappearing?

1600608703221.png

I've figured out a weather seed for my island using another tool Ninji created, and so far I've had a Celeste every week on a day with a meteor shower. If there's more than 1 shower, she only appeared on a single day though.

Celeste hasn't appeared on my island for nearly 5 weeks, her last visit was August 18th. I thought for sure she would visit today because there is a heavy shower however she is nowhere to be seen so I just ended up going to someone else's island to get the Virgo Harp recipe. Her not showing up for weeks is just RNG badluck I'm assuming, but I thought she is guaranteed to appear when there is a heavy shower... I guess not? Has anyone else experienced this?
Weirdly enough, checking my tracker, August 18th is also the last date I’ve seen Celeste as well. I know my island and search it well every night, and play quite late for many hours, so it’s not a matter of me missing her. She hasn’t been here. Wonder if there’s a mistaken snag for some players like the issue that stopped villagers from sending us mail for a few weeks?

Weirdly enough, checking my tracker, August 18th is also the last date I’ve seen Celeste as well. I know my island and search it well every night, and play quite late for many hours, so it’s not a matter of me missing her. She hasn’t been here. Wonder if there’s a mistaken snag for some players like the issue that stopped villagers from sending us mail for a few weeks?
If it's a glitch hope it gets fixed o_O Had no idea some players were experiencing villagers not sending mail.

I haven’t seen Celeste for a long time either. Looks like August 7th was the last time. I had a light shower last night and a heavy shower tonight. I’ve been scouring my island, but can’t find her.

She was on my island last night, which coincided with Redd and a heavy shower. Oddly enough, I typically have a light shower every Tuesday (tonight included), and that's when she's normally here (tonight excluded).

Woohoo! Just found her! I searched everywhere without luck. Ended up back in the main plaza, and there she was.

Kind of a pet peeve... sometimes the NPCs are a bit too hard to find.

I thought Celeste showing isn't RNG... according to Ninji, who did some datamining, non player characters show up according to the below schedule: Celeste should appear on a day with a meteor shower, no K. K. concert, and will always pick a day with a heavy shower over a light shower. Are you perhaps still on a Saturday, so having a K.K. concert that blocked her from disappearing?

View attachment 321008

I've figured out a weather seed for my island using another tool Ninji created, and so far I've had a Celeste every week on a day with a meteor shower. If there's more than 1 shower, she only appeared on a single day though.
It was a Sunday for me so K.K. wasn't there o_O I've been following my weather seed too so I can efficiently get my wishes done and Celeste missed 12 light showers and 1 heavy shower, if you are consistently getting Celeste every week I think you are getting extremely lucky!

It be nice if we could just call or text them on our Nook phones, sigh.
Yeah. Or we could have a building where some cop dogs hang out who constantly patrol the island and tell us who our visitors are.
I wish they would also bring back the megaphones form previous games. Sometimes they’re just hiding.
Yes please!! Something, anything, to let us know they are here ugh.

After five weeks being MIA, Celeste finally showed up for me tonight! Hope your streak ends soon too :)
Thankfully Celeste showed up for me last night (Sep 24th) too! What a coincidence we seem to be getting her at similar times 😆

Back