• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Bullying villagers?

Bullying villagers, yes or no?

• Total voters
Yeah, if you introduce yourself when they first move in I'm pretty sure it takes longer for them to leave. Friendship ladder, yo.

Yeah, if you introduce yourself when they first move in I'm pretty sure it takes longer for them to leave. Friendship ladder, yo.
The first introduction doesn't start the friendship. It's the second time you talk to them that the "friendship ladder" starts.

Like I said, I've gotten villagers out after a week of ignoring them just by talking once than never again until I'm told they are leaving. I always get like one ping from someone wanting to move, deny it. After that the only other villager ready to move is the one I only spoke to once is the one that moves without saying, because I don't answer their pings.

I used to do it to villagers I didn't want in the Gamecube game when I was a kid and proceeded to do it early on in my playing of New Leaf. I stopped doing it a long while back and don't even let them fall into pitfalls anymore. It seems needlessly cruel and it actually hinders villagers moving out now, so I see no point in allowing this stuff to befall them. Unintended move-ins aren't as much of a problem now anyway, considering the trade forum.

Quillson is a foul miscreation who deserves any harm that befalls him. I smack him with my net, shove him around, push him into pitfalls, whatever. Currently, his catchphrase is "Trump hair" because... friggin Quillson has Trump hair. Formerly, his catchphrase was "corkscrew" because of a certain physical trait male ducks have.

I'm almost a little sad that Quillson's moving out of my town on Nov 1st because I won't be able to abuse him anymore. It's nice to have that one villager you love to hate, but I want to build the Roost Caf? where his house is so I think of it more like evicting him.

I used to do that to villagers I had and just disliked, then I realized doing that makes them stay in my town longer, so I just quit. I mean I would never do that now because even if they're just game characters, I see them as having feelings ;;

I feel bad when I accidentally hit a villager with my net, even if it's one I don't like much. If I don't like a villager, I just ignore them and curse them under my breath when they annoy me! I try to be a nice mayor... at least outwardly XD But I don't really care how others treat their villagers, it doesn't affect me after all~

Last edited:
If it's a villager that I didn't want in the first place, I like to surround their door with pitfalls. I know won't make them move away any faster, but it's still a good way to help relive the frustration.

I don't do it anymore, because I feel bad. I used to do it though. I remember I harassed Tammi until she moved out. That evil looking monkey, I swear she still gives me nightmares.

villagers have feelings too. i actually have a load of pitfall seeds i needa get rid off so the only way to is too make my villagers fall into them and laugh. im so sorry for being a bad mayor :(

villagers have feelings too. i actually have a load of pitfall seeds i needa get rid off so the only way to is too make my villagers fall into them and laugh. im so sorry for being a bad mayor :(

Why not sell them to Reese instead? At least you can make a few Bells.

I used to, until I learned to befriend villagers to make them move out. Which made me have to turn the tables. Bully my dreamies and befriend the unwanted. Ik I didn't want to but you know, to make them move out faster.

personally i don't like to bully my villagers, even the ones that i don't like. i was nice to cyrano and when he moved he ended up giving me his picture, so kindness pays off!

Yes, definitely!!
My favorite things to troll villagers with are golden axe, golden shovel, toy hammer, and surrounding them with holes/pitfalls. Since you can go collect pitfalls off the island, I sometimes collect a ton and surround their houses with them and it's so hilarious. Yes... I take pictures and take pleasure in the pain of my villagers.... what's to be expected.

The only villager I've done it to was Alli because I had to let O'Hare move out because of his unfortunate house position, only for me to get Alli to move in the exact same spot from someone's void. That god damn alligator had it coming

Back