Blockbuster Claims Bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had all of these plans for it. T'was on the news a month ago.

Now, they're filing Ch. 11.
This means they're gonna have a sale in the coming days, getting rid of all of their stock. :D

Bacon Boy said:

This means they're gonna have a sale in the coming days, getting rid of all of their stock. :D
R.I.P. the blockbuster i got my copy of goof troop for snes at.

now to loot them, metaphorically speaking.

:(

Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:

R.I.P. the blockbuster i got my copy of goof troop for snes at.

now to loot them, metaphorically speaking.

:(
I love that they just got in a stock of new games. That "Spiderman Shattered Dimensions" is mine. >:D

Kobry614 said:
WAIT A MINUTE I STILL HAVE A LATE VHS FROM 1999
pay the late fee, and they won't have to file bankruptcy! do it!

also, @ bb, the article says 10%, oh lordy.

Psychonaut said:
Kobry614 said:

With bankruptcy, that means they're going out of business, right? (A bit out of it right now due to lack of sleep.) So, they have to shut down all of them, right?

Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Kobry614 said:

With bankruptcy, that means they're going out of business, right? (A bit out of it right now due to lack of sleep.) So, they have to shut down all of them, right?
that article said:
"Our discussions with the studios and bondholders continue to be productive, and we have every reason to believe we will come out of the recapitalization process financially stronger and more competitively positioned for the future."

that makes it sound like they're still going to be in business, and it said that 10% were closing, not 100%..

IIRC, bankruptcy isn't the death of the business, it's just filing some kind of a debt-clearing program that ends up making the company having to go through some kind of process..

i don't think that it's the end, but it's still a very bad sign.

i never studied it.
can joo beleev dhat?

soramorgan. said:
I blame redbox.
redbox? wasn't it netflix?

@thread not such big surprise. the blockbuster + hollywood video in my area have already closed down

also, the article says something about blockbuster making a netflix-style service.

wee-ow, capitalism.

& redbox hurt blockbuster, netflix slaughtered it.
redbox made it so cheap and convenient (being located at fast food places, and in more places)

or something. iunno.

I bet they're gonna go with an unlimited rental amount for "X" dollars per month. The problem is, they were originally doing that in-store, but it was $35 for a month of unlimited game rentals. Whereas Gamefly is like Netflix - $9 per month.

EDIT: Blockbuster already has a Netflix type system.

Psychonaut said:
also, the article says something about blockbuster making a netflix-style service.

wee-ow, capitalism.
yeah, they tried to do one but it failed

NikoKing said:
soramorgan. said:
I blame redbox.

@thread not such big surprise. the blockbuster + hollywood video in my area have already closed down
Redbox is that convenient box outside of stores where you can rent all kinds of movie for like a dollar without a subscription.

soramorgan. said:
NikoKing said:
soramorgan. said:
I blame redbox.

Redbox is that convenient box outside of stores where you can rent all kinds of movie for like a dollar without a subscription.
dude I already knew that, what i was saying was that netflix came before redbox

Blue_Alain said:
Do they usually do sales of games ??? I want it to canada if they make sales !!!!
If it's going out of business/claiming bankruptcy, I highly doubt they'll open up more stores, especially outside of their home office.

NikoKing said:
soramorgan. said:
NikoKing said:
soramorgan. said:
I blame redbox.

dude I already knew that, what i was saying was that netflix came before redbox
wat.

really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back