• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Best way to move out villagers?

I'm curious, if you get someone who wants to move out, and tt'd backwards, would you miss the day they are in boxes? Also if you time travelled backwards after they're moved out do you miss the period you can hunt villagers?

That isnt true. I have done this for many times now, ignored all my villagers and they'll ping me and want to move. :)
I mean, thank you for calling me a liar when I was just posting what I experienced??? I never stated it was fact or gospel, just what I experienced. I had not talked to them for months in-game, I got pings up to a certain point. Because I run a cycle thread, I'm cycling more than the average person does, and also it's better to talk to your villagers so you don't lose the hidden friendship points and stuff. ??? I can legit test this on my cycle town, but talked to villagers are more willing to leave than ignored ones.

I mean, thank you for calling me a liar when I was just posting what I experienced??? I never stated it was fact or gospel, just what I experienced. I had not talked to them for months in-game, I got pings up to a certain point. Because I run a cycle thread, I'm cycling more than the average person does, and also it's better to talk to your villagers so you don't lose the hidden friendship points and stuff. ??? I can legit test this on my cycle town, but talked to villagers are more willing to leave than ignored ones.
I have the same experience. No one is interested for me unless they have been talked to so far.

I have the same experience. No one is interested for me unless they have been talked to so far.

Can also confirm. I haven't really spoken with Zucker, everyone else is pinging me (rarely, but still doing it). Never Zucker. Spoke with him once, and an hour later he pinged me. Not to move, but yeah.

I remember there was an extra Thread about it .. There was someone who has TT't over 80 years and someone pinged him and wanted to move.

I remember there was an extra Thread about it .. There was someone who has TT't over 80 years and someone pinged him and wanted to move.
Did he go forward 80 years in one jump? Because it registers overtime every time you start the game and if you are TTing to get someone out of your game you are doing it 15 or so days at a time, and thus will make the villager stop pinging you.

For people asking if it's a guaranteed cycle through every villager: nope. I spent 10 hours yesterday trying to cycle a specific villager while all other villagers asked to move at least 3 times each. It's just luck, sadly.

thank you!! well i figured out from this thread that i was trying to move out my latest villager (which doesn’t work) so i got someone else to move in so i’m gonna see how long it takes for me to get who i want to move out :)

Did he go forward 80 years in one jump? Because it registers overtime every time you start the game and if you are TTing to get someone out of your game you are doing it 15 or so days at a time, and thus will make the villager stop pinging you.
Mean he skipped the 80 years in one jump. But I did it day for day, ignored them and they pinged me about moving. So I can say it works.

Mean he skipped the 80 years in one jump. But I did it day for day, ignored them and they pinged me about moving. So I can say it works.
Day by Day is different from the cycle I'm doing, Day by day both takes so much longer, and doesn't have longer stints between entry into the game that will demote friendship points from you. How long did you go Day by day? In a few hours of cycling, I am 4-5 months ahead of where I started, in a few days I can be a whole two years head. It does not work with the method I am offering.

I'm curious, if you get someone who wants to move out, and tt'd backwards, would you miss the day they are in boxes? Also if you time travelled backwards after they're moved out do you miss the period you can hunt villagers?
If they just pinged you to move, and you TT backwards, they will not be in boxes. I also believe that if they're in boxes and you TT backwards, they'll remain in their boxes (unless someone asked them to move to their island, then they'll move out). You must progress a day before they pack their things into boxes.

Also no, you do not miss the opportunity to hunt villagers if you TT backwards. Actually, I don't believe anyone will move in until you progress a day.

after trying this for a little while, I was finally able to ping the person I wanted to move! as everyone else has stated, this was the best method: in about an hour or two (lost track of time) I was able to ping five other villagers as well, and some of them got pinged twice!! will be using this method from now on :)

Is there any way to target one specific villager?
I've been trying this method for like 8 hours but 3 of my villagers (I'm not counting latest) will not ping while the others keep pinging.

After the villager moved out, is it safe to go back to the original date? I dont wanna get all the way to October in two days :/
Yes it's fine. There's literally no consequence for TTing forward or backwards save for rotting turnips or weeds. I had to TT months to move villagers out naturally for people to adopt and simply set my time back to normal once everything was said and done!

Reactions: Hay
Yes it's fine. There's literally no consequence for TTing forward or backwards save for rotting turnips or weeds. I had to TT months to move villagers out naturally for people to adopt and simply set my time back to normal once everything was said and done!
Thank you!!! I’m still trying to get over how many weeds grow when I TT :/

For people asking if it's a guaranteed cycle through every villager: nope. I spent 10 hours yesterday trying to cycle a specific villager while all other villagers asked to move at least 3 times each. It's just luck, sadly.
This is my experience too :c

I've noticed villagers I am close to tend to ask me to move out more frequently. I was trying for a long time to get a specific villager to move, and ignoring them didn't work. I started sending the unwanted villager letters and talking to them more to build up the friendship level, and they suddenly wanted to move out. Maybe that might help

I’m not sure if this was answered already, but is there a possibility of villagers moving out on their own while TTing? Or is it 100% guaranteed that you can find them with a bubble

The results for this I find are really mixed because I spoke to everyone on my island every day except for Anchovy and in a weeks time he pinged me to move out; No one else has since then but- then yeah some people are getting the opposite effect.

Last edited:
want to add, i have been tt'ing for about 2 hours now, and went from april 15th, 15 days to the 30th, a few days over (no pings, talking to everyone i can), then 15 more days, no pings (to about may 25th?)

i then tt'ed backwards to april 16th, and kyle pinged to move! of course, he's one of the 4 i don't want leaving, so i didn't let him, but it's the first time i've had someone ping by traveling backwards after a month+ of going forward, so apparently it's possible. thought i'd share if it hasn't been yet!

Back