• For our final bonus event, answer 18 challenging questions in The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Quiz! Submit your answers by Saturday, August 31st at 11:59 PM EDT to earn anywhere from 0 - 9 extra tickets and throwback tickets. Good luck!

Banjo-Tooie nostalgia thread

big

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
In my opinion, one of the best platformers of all time. One of the games of my personal childhood, and it remains one of the best even today to me. Except for gruntys factory. DAMN that level took too long.

banjo kazooie was better imo, just because you don't have to backtrack for half of the jiggies (ex: you can get them all the first time, so long as you have the abilities. only exception is the running shoes, I believe, and that's one/two jiggies at most)

banjo tooie had more stuff to do, but I didn't like that a lot of that stuff to do was backtracking.. D:

both games were good/great.

BK1's soundtrack is epic.

Conor said:
BK>BT

I found BT kinda confusing at first.
it's just because of the connection that it had from world to world, instead of one world connected to each at one doorway/point.

and the backtracking, god the backtracking.

I loved playing as kazooie solo so much, though.

Psychonaut said:
Conor said:
BK>BT

it's just because of the connection that it had from world to world, instead of one world connected to each at one doorway/point.

Yeah, it was mostly the backtracking and that I was like 8 years old when I first played it :p

age plays a huge difference.

I used to think the original BK was insanely difficult, then I play it a few months ago and breeze through it in a day.

that, and we already know/remember where most of the things are located/at/what we have to do :p

Psychonaut said:
Conor said:
BK>BT

I actually liked the connecting worlds of Banjo-Tooie, it was always cool to see how the worlds could be connected to each other .

I could understand the backtracking complaint, but it's not like you have to go far out of your way to get to levels, so I enjoyed them and gave you a chance to revisit the levels.

If I had to pick out the game's biggest flaw, it'd have to be Canary Mary *shakes fist*

Rawburt said:
Psychonaut said:
Conor said:
BK>BT

I actually liked the connecting worlds of Banjo-Tooie, it was always cool to see how the worlds could be connected to each other .

I could understand the backtracking complaint, but it's not like you have to go far out of your way to get to levels, so I enjoyed them and gave you a chance to revisit the levels.

If I had to pick out the game's biggest flaw, it'd have to be Canary Mary *shakes fist*
really, I think it's more about the backtracking that i didn't like.

as a kid, I remember tooie was the *censored.2.0*, though. I had all day to just rooster around and have fun. lawl.

the connecting worlds were cool, in that there were lots of awesome uses in them. (thinking the pigs in jolly roger bay)

canary mary is just too hilarious. lol adult/mature jokes in a kids game.

also, @ twinkinator, *click*
one of the best games for the n64. also, there's one for xbawkz and two for gba, i think.

Psychonaut said:
Rawburt said:
Psychonaut said:
Conor said:
BK>BT

really, I think it's more about the backtracking that i didn't like.

as a kid, I remember tooie was the *censored.2.0*, though. I had all day to just rooster around and have fun. lawl.

the connecting worlds were cool, in that there were lots of awesome uses in them. (thinking the pigs in jolly roger bay)

canary mary is just too hilarious. lol adult/mature jokes in a kids game.

also, @ twinkinator, *click*
one of the best games for the n64. also, there's one for xbawkz and two for gba, i think.
Yeah as a character Canary Mary was fine, but it's because of her Cloud Cuckooland Cheato Page I never got 100% in Banjo Tooie.

Seriously Rare, what da hell?

Rawburt said:
Yeah as a character Canary Mary was fine, but it's because of her Cloud Cuckooland Cheato Page I never got 100% in Banjo Tooie.

Seriously Rare, what da hell?
oh god, I forgot about that one...

that, and mario party were impossible to button mash fast enough on. f'ing shy guy races my ass.

Psychonaut said:

I used to think the original BK was insanely difficult, then I play it a few months ago and breeze through it in a day.

that, and we already know/remember where most of the things are located/at/what we have to do :p
haha defiantly, I can complete BK in a few hours now, when I was younger I could barely complete Clankers Cavern xD

Conor said:
Psychonaut said:

haha defiantly, I can complete BK in a few hours now, when I was younger I could barely complete Clankers Cavern xD
clanker's cavern is still a *censored.4.0*, if not just because of me disliking the place to begin with. :p

rusty bucket bay = OH GOD MY AIR SUPPLY BUT I'M SWIMMING ABOVE WATER FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU

Psychonaut said:
Conor said:
Psychonaut said:

clanker's cavern is still a *censored.4.0*, if not just because of me disliking the place to begin with. :p

rusty bucket bay = OH GOD MY AIR SUPPLY BUT I'M SWIMMING ABOVE WATER FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU
haha, rusty bucket bay has the best music imo though (;

Psychonaut said:
Conor said:
Psychonaut said:

Yeah, sewer levels in general just aren't fun. Although Clanker is pretty awesome. B)

I like Rusty Bucket Bay, although it was definitely the hardest world in BK.

Conor said:
Psychonaut said:
Conor said:
Psychonaut said:

haha, rusty bucket bay has the best music imo though (;
>best music
>click clock wood

YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE. :3

Back