• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Thinking of trying to get back into New Leaf again... can anyone link me to a good full catalog checklist that includes the Welcome Amiibo items? I currently use ‘Guide for Animal Crossing NL’ but not sure if it’s up to date or not.

Thinking of trying to get back into New Leaf again... can anyone link me to a good full catalog checklist that includes the Welcome Amiibo items? I currently use ‘Guide for Animal Crossing NL’ but not sure if it’s up to date or not.

I belive MoriDB is an accurate list, it says right on the home page that it includes the new items.

Is Maddie the dog villager adoptable? I saw on Nookipedia that she was added in the update.

Last edited:
I have a feeling I know the answer, but here goes.

Yesterday I dun goofed. I forgot my 3DS didn't automatically change for DST, and I booted up the game and started playing as normal. Bought turnips, chatted with villagers, said goodbye to the one villager moving out... I didn't realize anything was up until I went to Main Street and the Nooklings were closed. Said they opened at 10. Looked at my computer clock - 10:35. Looked at my in game clock - 9:35. Oops. So my question: I know that time travel causes turnips to rot, but does it count as time travel if I only bump it up an hour and don't go past 6am?

Did the Welcome Amiibo update fix the Easter Day rock glitch? I've read in various places it has, but I just want to double check.

Edit: oh snap, 1000th post lol

Last edited:
I have a feeling I know the answer, but here goes.

Yesterday I dun goofed. I forgot my 3DS didn't automatically change for DST, and I booted up the game and started playing as normal. Bought turnips, chatted with villagers, said goodbye to the one villager moving out... I didn't realize anything was up until I went to Main Street and the Nooklings were closed. Said they opened at 10. Looked at my computer clock - 10:35. Looked at my in game clock - 9:35. Oops. So my question: I know that time travel causes turnips to rot, but does it count as time travel if I only bump it up an hour and don't go past 6am?

It should be fine, as long as you don't go back to a time before you bought the turnips.

I wouldn't risk it though.
I would wait it out until you sell them, before changing the time. ^_^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Did the Welcome Amiibo update fix the Easter Day rock glitch? I've read in various places it has, but I just want to double check.

Edit: oh snap, 1000th post lol

I'm not sure, but I've never experienced the glitch.

Only if I have it? Or if someone else has it? Guess I should've asked if she was adoptable from someone else. *crosses fingers*

the villagers that cannot be invited in through boxes are Amiibo figure villagers (Wolf Link, Epona, Medli, Ganon, Inkwell, Cece, Vich?, Felyne) and the Sanrio villagers (Rilla, Marty, ?toile, Chelsea, Chai, Toby) you can only invite them to your town by scanning them yourself.

anyone else is fine, barring the 16 villager cycle.

source: here

Last edited:
Something I just thought about: if you save your dream address while an animal is in boxes, the dreamer, upon entering their house, will see their normal furniture or the boxes?

Something I just thought about: if you save your dream address while an animal is in boxes, the dreamer, upon entering their house, will see their normal furniture or the boxes?

Good question!

My Katt is moving in eight days, so if I remember, I'll update my DA when she's packed. ^_^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Though my town will be covered in hideous yellow patterns, ready to plot reset. ^_^

So Gracie's fashion checks: when do those happen? I've had T.I.Y. for a few months now and I have yet to see Gracie (and my village square is right in the middle of town, there'd be no way for me to miss her). I've spent a fair bit of money at T.I.Y. as well, since I buy any duplicate KK song I see. Should I just keep buying crap, or is there some other requirement I'm missing?

So Gracie's fashion checks: when do those happen? I've had T.I.Y. for a few months now and I have yet to see Gracie (and my village square is right in the middle of town, there'd be no way for me to miss her). I've spent a fair bit of money at T.I.Y. as well, since I buy any duplicate KK song I see. Should I just keep buying crap, or is there some other requirement I'm missing?

Ah, Gracie. The only requirement should be spend 70k or more in TIY. This is excluding items purchased before store upgrades--the 70k must be spent after the upgrade to TIY.

Supposedly getting Katrina's permanent shop helps as this reduces the number of possible visitors?

There's also been reports of Gracie not showing in the morning, but suddenly appearing in the evening? Either way, just to be sure you don't miss her, if you have a police station, I would check with Copper/Booker to see if a guest is in town.

TLDR: Keep buying things and checking! T&T can't be built until you've spend over 100k at TIY anyways, so why not? Good luck! c:

Ah, Gracie. The only requirement should be spend 70k or more in TIY. This is excluding items purchased before store upgrades--the 70k must be spent after the upgrade to TIY.

Supposedly getting Katrina's permanent shop helps as this reduces the number of possible visitors?

There's also been reports of Gracie not showing in the morning, but suddenly appearing in the evening? Either way, just to be sure you don't miss her, if you have a police station, I would check with Copper/Booker to see if a guest is in town.

TLDR: Keep buying things and checking! T&T can't be built until you've spend over 100k at TIY anyways, so why not? Good luck! c:

Oh my gosh, I'm laughing SO hard right now. I booted up my game today after work and guess who was in the town square. Seriously, send help, I'm crying, it hurts to breathe lmao

Edit - Another question cause I'm just full of em: Does the title screen of my town reflect what's going on in my actual town? I have eight villagers (and I've only had 8 for like a week now) and when I started the game, on the page where it asked me to select my character I DISTINCTLY saw a roped off area where a new villager was moving in. But when I actually began playing, that roped off area was gone. What gives?

Last edited:
the title screen acts as a placeholder until you load your mayor. when plot resetting this is important because they may be at a spot you want on the title screen, but they may move when an actual character is loaded.

Last edited:
Yeah, don't trust the title screen.
It seems to be accurate with extra flowers, but thing's are not always as they seem. ^_^

Ahh okay. It's normally been fairly accurate in my experience, so I was very confused with the phantom roped-off area. Thanks guys!

Ahh okay. It's normally been fairly accurate in my experience, so I was very confused with the phantom roped-off area. Thanks guys!

the exact same thing happened to me once. i saw the plot actually appear in the same spot a few days later. i'm not sure if it was just a coincidence, but if not look out for that!

I'll keep an eye out. I adopted a villager from another user on here, we'll see if he plops his house in that spot. I remember roughly where it was.

Back