• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Is it even possible for a 10th villager to ask to move out? I'm reading conflicting information about it.

Is it even possible for a 10th villager to ask to move out? I'm reading conflicting information about it.

From what I've heard, it is possible, but it's just very rare..

In my new town, I was cycling out villagers and I had Willow ask me to move out when she was the last (most recent) villager to move in my town. I was really surprised since she was the last one to move in. but then I had 9 villagers, so maybe 9th is easier than 10th? Not sure..

In my main town, I've had a full town for a looooong time and my 10th villager (Willow again lol) never pinged me to move out. Not even once..

in regards to the theme challenge this guide explains it! (better than i ever could)

That's very useful thank you! It seems that I need to temporarily clear out a room or two that doesn't match my Sci-Fi theme in order to get the most benefits from my exterior parts. :)

if you get 2 villagers from the same town, do they already know each other in your town?

I got 2 villagers from the same cycling town.. They never really mention their old town except when they sing the town tune xD. But then villagers seem to be all friends (or know) with each other.. Well, except when they are unpacking.. Then they'll say that there's someone new unpacking in the town.

Last edited:
I saw in Aika village (in a video using dream code) that when you open some closets or drawers a custom message pops-out in from them. How do I do that?

I saw in Aika village (in a video using dream code) that when you open some closets or drawers a custom message pops-out in from them. How do I do that?

Which message is it? Are you sure it's custom? There are a few different standard messages you get when you open closets or drawers, not just one.

If it's really custom then I think it was likely through... means that we aren't allowed to discuss here on the forum. :cool:

https://youtu.be/4pSoYOiJWTI?t=3m51s

Here.

Please note that I play the game in spanish, so I don't have idea what are the standard messages in english.

Those are the standard messages you get in English. I don't remember if I've seen the "pretend like you didn't see" one, but the "what was seen cannot be unseen" one a lot. :) It's just sort of random, when you open a drawer or something, you'll get a random little message like that.

Another question. You know that when you talk with Isabelle in the desk there is some options: you can change the flag, the town tune, but what it does the last option about villagers? I don't know how is called in english. This affects the friendship with the villagers?

Another question. You know that when you talk with Isabelle in the desk there is some options: you can change the flag, the town tune, but what it does the last option about villagers? I don't know how is called in english. This affects the friendship with the villagers?
As far as I know it shouldn't affect your friendship with your villagers. It just removes custom letters, clothing, catchphrases, etc. from them. It's designed to be used if your villager picks up an offensive catchphrase, shirt, etc. from somewhere.

One of my villagers is moving out (not in boxes till the 1st) and I'm holding them for someone who won't be able to take them until after the villagers real world move out date how do I TT to keep the villager in my town until the other person can take him without accidentally voiding him? Do I just avoid playing my town on the in game '1st' and any in game day after the 1st?
Would I be able to TT back to let's say August 23 and then play the 23rd/24th/25th/etc without worrying they'll move out until the September 1st actually happens in game ?

Last edited:
Would I be able to TT back to let's say August 23 and then play the 23rd/24th/25th/etc without worrying they'll move out until the September 1st actually happens in game ?

No. A villager moving out is based on the number of days, not on the actual date. Also, TTing backwards counts as one day forward.

This means that if your villager warned you 5 days before the move-out date and you went back to August 23, your villager would now move out 4 days after that (on August 27).

When I want to keep a villager in boxes, I make a note of the date I'm on. Then, before every time I start the game, I change my 3DS settings to that date. It tricks the game into thinking I'm on that day. Don't forget that in-game days start at 6 AM and not at midnight!

No. A villager moving out is based on the number of days, not on the actual date. Also, TTing backwards counts as one day forward.

This means that if your villager warned you 5 days before the move-out date and you went back to August 23, your villager would now move out 4 days after that (on August 27).

When I want to keep a villager in boxes, I make a note of the date I'm on. Then, before every time I start the game, I change my 3DS settings to that date. It tricks the game into thinking I'm on that day. Don't forget that in-game days start at 6 AM and not at midnight!

Ahhh okay, I figured there was some sort of rules to it... Thanks!

Is it a hassle to hold villagers for someone resetting their town/getting someone to hold yours?

It depends.

For me, it can be a hassle to hold a villager since I play the game normally without TTing. So if someone restarts and I hold a villager for them, it could take a long while before they ping me to move out again. That is why I don't do it.

However, you can try to get a cycler to hold a villager. Since they quickly rotate villagers, the resetter can quickly get their villager back without troubling the cycler too much.
Though, if the cycler is to hold a villager because someone has to do a 16-villager cycle before taking back the villager, it can be a hassle for the cycler since they cannot sell/giveaway other villagers when the hold villager is in boxes.

That's why I think it is very reasonable for 'holders' to ask a TBT/IGB fee for holding a villager =)

Hope this answered your question!

Is it a hassle to hold villagers for someone resetting their town/getting someone to hold yours?

I guess it's up to how you play the game and how much your villagers rotate anyway. To get a villager out, it's necessary to use some sort of time travel method and the last move-in will rarely ping. It's definitely easier for someone who has spare time, doesn't mind TTing, and doesn't have just the 10th free spot with 9 other villagers they're attached to. It can also be a hassle if the person you're holding the villager for doesn't pick them up for some reason or has a delay in resetting or cycling.

Personally, if I had more free spots in my town I wouldn't mind holding villagers for people. I'd probably request a TBT/IGB tip though because holding villagers can be a bit of a hassle at times. When I ask people to do something like that, I try to make sure to offer to tip them as well.

- - - Post Merge - - -

What is the "exchange rate" of TBT to IGB? In other words how much is 1 TBT worth?

There's no official exchange rate, it just changes depending on the users. The easiest way to figure out is to look at threads where people sell TBT for IGB (or the other way around) and see what they've been going for.

Back