• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

The only way to really tell for sure is to experiment with them. I don't think the extra space can overlap, if I'm imagining what you're trying to explain correctly.

Thanks for the info. I think I will try it out once someone requests a police station.

I don't know if anyone can answer this, but how many spaces would I need place the police station and campsite next to each other? I have read that both require a lot of room, but can the extra space they need overlap?

I actually read somewhere that some of the extra room is needed... for the celebration ceremony. Isabelle makes you have extra room so that you can celebrate the stupid completion project with everyone. ._____.

To quote her myself, "Basically, you need A LOT of space!"

So I kind of want to take a break from playing, but I really don't want any villagers to leave or for my town to go to **** or anything,

Is there any way for me to like come back in maybe a month? And have my town remain in the same condition as when I stopped?

So I kind of want to take a break from playing, but I really don't want any villagers to leave or for my town to go to **** or anything,

Is there any way for me to like come back in maybe a month? And have my town remain in the same condition as when I stopped?

Keep playing until you get a ping for a villager that asks you to move out. If you have 9 villagers or more, you're much more likely to get one. After the villager says they're gonna move, either accept or decline their moving request. After that, write down the date that you stopped playing (which preferably should be the same day that you got the moving request), take a break for as long as you like, and when you want to go back to playing, just set the time/date with Isabelle to the date that you wrote down. No other villagers will move out whilst one is preparing to.

I'm pretty sure there's also the option of allowing a villager to move out, taking a break, and then picking up again and not changing the time back, but you should only do that if you told your villager that you DO want them to move. Just play it safe.

I have a quick question. Is it possible to have two (or more) villagers planning to move out at the same time?

I have a quick question. Is it possible to have two (or more) villagers planning to move out at the same time?

I feel bad for answering so many of these in succession... but it isn't, no. I'm pretty sure there's about a 5 day window break from when the villager says they're moving out to the day that they move, then a 4 day (or longer) window break after that villager moves out. During said breaks, no other villagers will request to move out .

I feel bad for answering so many of these in succession... but it isn't, no. I'm pretty sure there's about a 5 day window break from when the villager says they're moving out to the day that they move, then a 4 day (or longer) window break after that villager moves out. During said breaks, no other villagers will request to move out .

Perfect! Thanks for the quick answer, I appreciate it. ^^

Hi I made a second person on my game what did you put in the house

Hi louise23: How did people decorate their second houses, you mean? Everyone does it differently--you can put whatever you like in the house! In my town, I think a little bit about what personality each person has and try to decorate according to that theme. Some people don't bother with that and design each room individually. Since your town is named "Hogwarts", you could use that as inspiration for your second person's home: imagine what Hagrid's room might look like, or Professor McGonagall's, or Snape's office, and decorate the house in that style.

If you spend medals you've earned at the Island, do the spent medals still count towards the total when trying to get the medals badge?

How do you post your screenshots from the game? ^^"

Press R on the 3ds to take the picture and save it to your SD card
Save and quit, then turn off console and remove SD card
Put SD card into Computer
Move picture files to your computer
Post anywhere online you like

How do you post your screenshots from the game? ^^"

One of the easiest ways to is to remove your SD card, plug it in your computer, go to the DCIM folder and find your desired images in the different folders. Another option is to create a Twitter account for ACNL only and then use the Nintendo 3DS Image Share option (you can find said option by going to your internet browser and just googling "3DS Image Share") to upload your screenshots to Twitter. You can then save them and post them to wherever you want.

There used to be this really easy site you could go on called webrender.net/imgur, where you could upload all your screenshots to Imgur and just type in the Imgur URL in your computer browser to get the screencap, but the site very recently broke and it's pretty inaccessible on the 3DS now. Hopefully that method gets fixed by someone since that's definitely the easiest way to upload screenshots.

Can flowers that you have planted in a flower bed breed,or are they unable? Are there any advantages to planting in the flower bed?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you!!!

Yep, they can breed in the flower bed but nope, there's no real advantage. Some people breed hybrids in the fence pwp because it's easier to keep track of breeding, especially with hybrid red flowers.

Will the number of people you streetpass keep going up even after you fill up all the spaces in your showcase? Does it just auto-replace the houses with new ones when you streetpass more people, or do you have to visit and 'clear out' the houses first?

I've been wondering this for a while, and I'd like to assume it just auto-replaces the houses with new ones, but I never knew for sure. And if it doesn't auto-replace, getting the last streetpass badge is gonna be a huge pain. :<

While I'm here, does anyone have an answer to this one?
Copy/pasted from the other questions thread:

I've been wondering this for a while, maybe someone here can help: has anyone else gotten Nintendo Zone to work anytime recently? I keep getting letters from Nintendo about items I can get, but when I go to all the places that are supposed to be Nintendo Zones (McDonalds, Best Buy, etc), I get a random streetpass but no actual Nintendo Zone connection. I've been missing out on all the DLC items because of it.

I remember it used to work back when I first got the game (I stopped playing sometime in 2014 then picked it up again a few months ago), so I thought maybe those places just aren't Nintendo Zones anymore? But then why the random streetpasses? And then where ARE the Nintendo Zone locations now? I want those items! D:

Someone replied to this post and linked the list of zone locations, and McDonalds and Best Buy were on the list, just like they've always been. So, why isn't it working?

And, finally, for anyone who's successfully grown their own blue roses: about how many days of watering and fertilizing would you say it took before the first blue rose sprouted up? Around the 4-week point I always start to wonder if maybe my reds aren't hybrids after all. Should I just keep going?

Will the number of people you streetpass keep going up even after you fill up all the spaces in your showcase? Does it just auto-replace the houses with new ones when you streetpass more people, or do you have to visit and 'clear out' the houses first?

I've been wondering this for a while, and I'd like to assume it just auto-replaces the houses with new ones, but I never knew for sure. And if it doesn't auto-replace, getting the last streetpass badge is gonna be a huge pain. :<

It clears out old houses even if you haven't visited them. You don't have to check every house, but you do have to "acknowledge" them by going into the HH Showcase area at all. This basically just clears your street pass cache so you can get more.
i.e. if the notifications on your home screen says you've hit your street pass limit, you have to go to HH Showcase to clear them out so you can get more, meaning every 20 street passes with someone who has animal crossing, you have to visit HH Showcase if you want to get more.
If you've hit the limit, the software won't recognize new street passes.

Last edited:
Back