• LIVE A gaming session for Among Us as part of TBT Neighborly Games is happening right now! Join us in our Discord server's multiplayer channel.
  • We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I've been having problems with something recently. - .-
Okay, so i will make a new toon after 6am to check and see if/who/where someone is moving in after a villager moves out. and will see nothing. (i thoroughly check everywhere.) i will hop on to my mayor and do some of my daily mayoral business. save. quit.
but a few hours latter i will hop back on my mayor again.. and there will be a plot for someones home. :c

just got one for bunnie where i was going to build my cafe. </3
so my question is what time do the plots for villagers show up?

I've been having problems with something recently. - .-
Okay, so i will make a new toon after 6am to check and see if/who/where someone is moving in after a villager moves out. and will see nothing. (i thoroughly check everywhere.) i will hop on to my mayor and do some of my daily mayoral business. save. quit.
but a few hours latter i will hop back on my mayor again.. and there will be a plot for someones home. :c

just got one for bunnie where i was going to build my cafe. </3
so my question is what time do the plots for villagers show up?

If you had eight villagers and the game was giving you a random move-in, whether or not you receive a plot for the day is random, and so you need to go through the whole house placing and talking to isabelle so you can save before you load up for the day.

If it's an invite/streetpass*/void*, if you don't see a plot for the day, there is no plot.

*as far as I remember, I haven't received one of these in a while

Last edited:
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! My save data corrupted! What can I do? I didn't close or shut down my game while it was saving. :(

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! My save data corrupted! What can I do? I didn't close or shut down my game while it was saving. :(

Unfortunately, sometimes data just corrupts, I guess, even when you don't do anything. :( I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, but I don't believe there's any way to recover a corrupted town.

I time traveled to today a few days ago and got my fortune read and when I tried to get it read again today she just gave me the same fortune from a few days ago. Does TT'ing not work for the 20 fortunes needed for Katrina?

it does

that's how I unlocked her (and GracieGrace)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sue Nintendo.

But seriously, just bad luck on your end.

Is it digital or physical though? If digital, did you do anything that may corrupt data such as pulling the SD card out of the computer before properly ejecting it first? Though there's always the possibility of the SD card just being faulty as well.

Last edited:
Is there anyway to check how many times your fortune has been read?
Actually yes in a way, if you have paid for a fortune to be read on a day by Katrina, if you go back on that day she will act as if you have already paid. Well this is how it works for me anyway.

it does

that's how I unlocked her (and GracieGrace)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sue Nintendo.

But seriously, just bad luck on your end.

Is it digital or physical though? If digital, did you do anything that may corrupt data such as pulling the SD card out of the computer before properly ejecting it first? Though there's always the possibility of the SD card just being faulty as well.

I started a thread asking about this and people told me that the digital was more prone to corruptions, so I will be buying myself a card today. My SD card is the original nintendo one, so it probably isn't faulty and I haven't done anything with my SD card in a long time.

Nevermind. You found my thread. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, cross-posted.

It probably is, but at the same time I'm positive that people also blow the increased probability way more out of proportion than it really is. Like if you really know what you're doing, and also possibly play it safe by switching to a new card every so often chances could probably be minimized significantly to the point where it'd be on-par with a physical copy's chance of corruption.

Your case was probably just bad luck, considering any sort of digital memory storage device can potentially mess up. This holds especially true if you don't (know how to) handle them properly. Which I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were a good chunk of players like this, especially with it being a super casual game. Also, was why I asked if you'd done anything that could've potentially damaged the card or the data. Since shutting off while saving isn't the only way data could've been corrupted.

Yeah, cross-posted.

It probably is, but at the same time I'm positive that people also blow the increased probability way more out of proportion than it really is. Like if you really know what you're doing, and also possibly play it safe by switching to a new card every so often chances could probably be minimized significantly to the point where it'd be on-par with a physical copy's chance of corruption.

Your case was probably just bad luck, considering any sort of digital memory storage device can potentially mess up. This holds especially true if you don't (know how to) handle them properly. Which I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were a good chunk of players like this, especially with it being a super casual game. Also, was why I asked if you'd done anything that could've potentially damaged the card or the data. Since shutting off while saving isn't the only way data could've been corrupted.

Alright. Thanks for the information! I will try to be more careful to not corrupt my new town.

I'm new to acnl and just unlocked the island but haven't visited yet: does it have all the "summer" bugs and fish year-round? I'm hoping yes because I remember in the old games how hard it could be to make money from fishing and bug-catching in the winter when the only things that seemed to be out were carp and sea bass.

Most of them. And, when you go on tours that don't involve catching bugs or fishing (like scavenger hunts or balloon popping), you can catch even more fish and bugs that you can keep for your museum or to sell. Things like fireflies aren't available in either place, but there are tons of expensive beetles that are out at night every night on the island.

Back