• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Are there any good designers that can give me tips (dream address)

plastic_martyr

Bells
Feedback
100% (24) +
So, I am currently in a place where I am wondering if I should just completely flatten my town and start from scratch?
My town is ok, but is there any good designers that can possibly visit my town and maybe give me some advice on what I should do?

Should I completely flatten. And start from scratch or should I just make changes? My biggest thing is I would like to infuse more of a garden and fairycore vibe as well as pretty waterscaping. The areas I don't know what to do with are the bottom left and bottom right of the map and the area I am using as a garden to the very north by the secret beach. Lastly, I am very unhappy with my entrance, but is it as plain as I think?

My dream DA-0572-6829-6942 any advice would be so appreciated.

Last edited:
i have zero experience with making terraforming look good and this is probably not very useful advice because everyone has said this before, but i dont think you should completely flatten your island. if you you haven't terraformed already/or have done minimal terraforming and are just redoing, i think you should just work with what you already have, completely flattening can become overwhelming and if you do want to flatten, don't do it all at once. just flatten a section then work on it then move to another. i have to do some stuff irl but i'll try to visit your DA tonight.

Hey!! I’m gonna visit your DA soon and then I’ll provide feedback asap. Excited to see! Absolutely love the idea of your aesthetics

Yay, so excited. I'll be waiting :)
Post automatically merged:

i have zero experience with making terraforming look good and this is probably not very useful advice because everyone has said this before, but i dont think you should completely flatten your island. if you you haven't terraformed already/or have done minimal terraforming and are just redoing, i think you should just work with what you already have, completely flattening can become overwhelming and if you do want to flatten, don't do it all at once. just flatten a section then work on it then move to another. i have to do some stuff irl but i'll try to visit your DA tonight.

Thank you, that is great advice.

Definitely don’t flatten your town!!! It is gorgeous, I can’t even wrap my head around how you designed such a good layout for your hills and paths!

Your entrance works well due to your plaza placement vs your airport. Personally, the cherry blossom with the wind turbine decor kind of give me a clashing vibe, especially with the orange flowers, and I don’t think those specific items work with the vibe of your whole island. I’d stick with similar colors to your arch maybe? The wind turbines just look very out of place imo!

For the sides of your island, I’d maybe do a fairy/mermaid infusion since it’s near the beach, or go further with the bear theme and make a cute plush bear and flowers area! Just a couple of ideas, I think so many parts of your island are very cohesive and I think you could make something like that work!

hey! just visited, and here are some of my thoughts...

-don't flatten, your island is very charming and close to the aesthetic you're seeking
-however, there are some empty spaces scattered about, and i recommend to do what i do - decorate, decorate, decorate. mushroom lamps, patterns, trees, bushes and flowers and randomly placed fencing can spice up those empty areas!
-your waterscaping is excellent and there's lots of space to roam. you can replace the wind turbines (if you want) with more homey items like wells or garden chairs or bird boxes. there's quite a bit of space that can be utilized
-you can change your entrance if you want, but simple is key and your current entrance gives a very clear pathway unlike the more cluttered and elaborate entrances i've seen
-a few thoughts in small setups you can place in the bottom left/right corners are below:
1. an outdoor kitchen
2. a small cafe
3. outdoor library
4. peddlers or vendors
5. fairy ring(s)

best of luck! your island is beautiful and you've clearly utilized its potential <33

Thank you guys! I am extremely complimented with your kind words and advice. I will definitely be taking it and getting rid of turbines and replacing them with more rustic items.

Also I will be getting rid of all orange flowers and replacing them with pink and white as per EtchaSketch'd advice. Once again, thanks. I am smiling so big right now 😊

So in terms of getting rid of all orange flowers and all the turbines, I'm going to at the same time flatten my whole entrance area and make a river seperate the dock from my town hall and build a diagonal bridge that connects.

In place of the orchard I am going to build a Japanese rice field style area to put my crops (for the update coming soon)

One area will be filled in down with a little book nook with wooden furniture and I will add in mermaid pieces on the beaches.

I will update you two when it's all done, would love for you to see it when it's done. Your advice saved my town.

I just actually finished (sort of? there’s a huge chunk that’s bare for a farm for 2.0) redesigning my island, but I think i would’ve gone insane if I flattened it entirely to begin! I would use what you already have and either remove or add to create new shapes of land! I’m gonna go and visit your island now, and see what I think!

If you’d like some inspiration, you can visit my island! My dream address is:

DA-8415-5287-7432

My name is Mordecai and my island’s name is Narfolk! It’s pretty natural and forest-y, so not sure if it’ll be helpful or not, but I really like the different levels of terraforming I’ve done, so that might inspire you! My island is built around the anticipation of permanent ladders being added in 2.0, so the ladder tool is currently essential to get around and explore. I’ve left out some tools south of the plaza, so you can find those there!

Visiting now; I really love the aesthetic you’ve got! I do sort of agree with the entrance being sort of plain— the area in front of the plaza looks SO nice though! maybe you could sort of mimic that at the entrance, too?

I think for a fairycore vibe, maybe a few more trees around? More star fragment items? A whimsical version of “the path” would do wonders for that aesthetic too, if you’re willing to put the work in (I spent HOURS doing my custom paths… it’s a rough time ngl). And definitely more flowers!

Last edited:
I just actually finished (sort of? there’s a huge chunk that’s bare for a farm for 2.0) redesigning my island, but I think i would’ve gone insane if I flattened it entirely to begin! I would use what you already have and either remove or add to create new shapes of land! I’m gonna go and visit your island now, and see what I think!

If you’d like some inspiration, you can visit my island! My dream address is:

DA-8415-5287-7432

My name is Mordecai and my island’s name is Narfolk! It’s pretty natural and forest-y, so not sure if it’ll be helpful or not, but I really like the different levels of terraforming I’ve done, so that might inspire you! My island is built around the anticipation of permanent ladders being added in 2.0, so the ladder tool is currently essential to get around and explore. I’ve left out some tools south of the plaza, so you can find those there!

Visiting now; I really love the aesthetic you’ve got! I do sort of agree with the entrance being sort of plain— the area in front of the plaza looks SO nice though! maybe you could sort of mimic that at the entrance, too?

I think for a fairycore vibe, maybe a few more trees around? More star fragment items? A whimsical version of “the path” would do wonders for that aesthetic too, if you’re willing to put the work in (I spent HOURS doing my custom paths… it’s a rough time ngl). And definitely more flowers!

Thank you very much! I agree with everything you said and appreciate the compliment.

I will visit your island tonight and let you know what I think. Also, do you know where I can find some lush grassy patching? I can't for the life of me find any

Thank you very much! I agree with everything you said and appreciate the compliment.

I will visit your island tonight and let you know what I think. Also, do you know where I can find some lush grassy patching? I can't for the life of me find any
sweet, im excited to hear what you think, and I hope it helps spark some inspo!

hm, not sure what you mean by “lush grassy patching” exactly, but I’ll throw out some links to designers with a grassy theme!

sweet, im excited to hear what you think, and I hope it helps spark some inspo!

hm, not sure what you mean by “lush grassy patching” exactly, but I’ll throw out some links to designers with a grassy theme!

I am visiting right now, and you have a gorgeous village. Just the inspiration I was looking for in terms of how to make my village more "natural". Also you're terraforming is very nice. Your island has a nice balance of feeling spacious but not bear if that makes any sense at all? I have a preference for villages that are bith nicely designed and also intuitive to navigate. I find so many gorgeous villages, but they are very confusing and cluttered to the point that there is actual lag.

You have found an excellent balance. Also your sense of interior design is impeccable and I love your house. The room on the left with the well pump and wooden grate 👌but the entire house feels so rustic and comfy.

Please we should add each other as friends so we can update each other on progress?

I am visiting right now, and you have a gorgeous village. Just the inspiration I was looking for in terms of how to make my village more "natural". Also you're terraforming is very nice. Your island has a nice balance of feeling spacious but not bear if that makes any sense at all? I have a preference for villages that are bith nicely designed and also intuitive to navigate. I find so many gorgeous villages, but they are very confusing and cluttered to the point that there is actual lag.

You have found an excellent balance. Also your sense of interior design is impeccable and I love your house. The room on the left with the well pump and wooden grate 👌but the entire house feels so rustic and comfy.

Please we should add each other as friends so we can update each other on progress?
Wow, you flatter me so much!! I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed it! I’ve actually today just finished replacing all the suspension bridges with wooden bridges, and I think it fits the color palette of the island much better. And the water pump room, that’s my newest room, so I’m glad that it turned out well enough for you to mention it specifically!! interior designing is definitely one of my favorite things to do in game. I’m glad it the island helped you get some inspiration!

and certainly! here’s my friend code, too! 7252-7511-7528 !

Back