• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Anyone play Harvest Moon?

I did see this but for some reason didn't quote it, and I did take the advice and have started doing that xD every time I harvest something your post is in the back of my head telling me to hoard. (not really but yeah...)

It's actually good that the storage in this game isn't like the previous games because those ones were crazy. xD

Now you have a fridge and a toolbox and a storage box and it's like free hoarding all the time! Back in the day there was no such thing as storage. Everything goes in the shipping box or nowhere! And we had to walk all the way to the toolbox to switch tools!

You young'ns have all the luck.

(But yes, hoard lots. Even the weeds. Seriously, you'll need them.)

It's actually good that the storage in this game isn't like the previous games because those ones were crazy. xD

Now you have a fridge and a toolbox and a storage box and it's like free hoarding all the time! Back in the day there was no such thing as storage. Everything goes in the shipping box or nowhere! And we had to walk all the way to the toolbox to switch tools!

You young'ns have all the luck.

(But yes, hoard lots. Even the weeds. Seriously, you'll need them.)

Aye, I remember Back to Nature for the Playstation, that 8 inventory slot limit, with no item stacking. Not even to mention the earlier Gameboy games where you had no backpack and had to carry items one at a time. (Though you could hold 2 tools at once)

Aye, I remember Back to Nature for the Playstation, that 8 inventory slot limit, with no item stacking. Not even to mention the earlier Gameboy games where you had no backpack and had to carry items one at a time. (Though you could hold 2 tools at once)

I just shivered. Those were the days.... right? RIGHT?

I used to be super super addicted to the snes one. I also love the ds cutie version. <3

Last edited:

I just shivered. Those were the days.... right? RIGHT?

STRONG NOSTALGIA RN OMG

I remember how I waited to be able to buy that basket in BtN and spend days in the mines just digging up ores.

Or in the old gameboy ones where I would run to the shipping box holding like one turnip and I miss my trajectory and accidentally throw my turnip on the ground and that's like my crop and money for the day lost forever and because of the saving limitations you'd have to start the day all over again if you wanted it back so yoU JUST HAD TO DEAL WITH THE LOSSI REMEMBER ALL THE CROPS I HAVE WASTED DUE TO MY RUNNING BECAUSE THE CLOCK IS ALWAYS TICKING

But oddly enough I still enjoyed it. I just really love Harvest Moon.

The Harvest Moon games have come a long way... I feel sort of teary eyed thinking about it now.
tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow.gif

I really like Harvest Moon and played almost all the one on the DS and Wii. However, I'm really lazy to continue lol.

How is it so far? I do want to buy it, but I don't know if $30 is worth it. I'll maybe get it if it ever goes on sale. Plus, Connecting to New Worlds or something is probably going to be coming to the US, so I'm not sure if I should get A New Beginning.

I got into HM with Save the Homeland and I've been hooked since. I tried playing the one on the first play station but the graphics made me dizzy. I've got Another Wonderful Life, More Friends of Mineral Town, DS Cute, A New Begining, Tale of Two Towns, that one on the psp, Save the Homeland and I used to have one of the gbc ones and Rune Factory.

I need to get back to ANB, ToTT and DS Cute.

I really like Harvest Moon and played almost all the one on the DS and Wii. However, I'm really lazy to continue lol.

How is it so far? I do want to buy it, but I don't know if $30 is worth it. I'll maybe get it if it ever goes on sale. Plus, Connecting to New Worlds or something is probably going to be coming to the US, so I'm not sure if I should get A New Beginning.

I like it :) haven't had much time to play since I've got so much work to do and I have to split work, games and a social life but yeah I really enjoy it, I find it quite relaxing :3 and it's like ?16 here not on sale, brand new and it's totally worth that... That's so cheap for a brand new 3ds game here.

I'm probably going to restart my New Beginnings profile here soon. I lost my notebook with all my item lists and 'cheat sheets' so I'm flying blind everytime I pick up the game. Drives. Me. Nuts.

Does it get to a point where it's really hard to remember what you're doing? >< Is it a good idea to start recording what you're doing?

I remember he mentioned something about a diary in the tutorial. I've never seen a diary otherwise I might use it idk.

Does it get to a point where it's really hard to remember what you're doing? >< Is it a good idea to start recording what you're doing?

I remember he mentioned something about a diary in the tutorial. I've never seen a diary otherwise I might use it idk.

I had a big binder for treats, shop times, shop stock, and reminders of what I'm going to do next and what the budget is. Some of that stuff just isn't recorded and since it's a goal oriented game it's hard to work without.

I like it, it gets really good. especially after you get over the slow beginning bit. the only negative things about it would be the long cut scenes when shops open/close and when your animals go in and out of the farm. there's loads to do and new things are introduced quite rapidly so it doesn't get boring.

I had a big binder for treats, shop times, shop stock, and reminders of what I'm going to do next and what the budget is. Some of that stuff just isn't recorded and since it's a goal oriented game it's hard to work without.

Fair enough. Might start doing this then. I am only half way through Summer, 2nd month, and I barely have many goals, yet can see how there will be a ton to remember later on. I can barely remember if I have a certain material in my storage and how many I need to build something... >_>

I like it, it gets really good. especially after you get over the slow beginning bit. the only negative things about it would be the long cut scenes when shops open/close and when your animals go in and out of the farm. there's loads to do and new things are introduced quite rapidly so it doesn't get boring.

Oh my GOD I know, I try and avoid town when Neil comes in and I've heard that there's quite a few more cut scenes later on. Seems like a silly thing to make it non skip-able. If you've seen it once you know what's going on, right?

Gonna play A New Beginning since I am too lazy to grind jobs in Bravely Default. Town Restoration 3 and I need 20 Small Branches... This what happens ugh I shouldn't use the friking axe lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

It made me sad Neil was such a jerk.

This, I agree

I never found the need to make notes as I played. I don't track treats that much, I just know that the ratio of general treats to animal specific treats is around 1:3 for cows and 1:15 for everything else.

It made me sad Neil was such a jerk.

True that. I have yet to meet a bachelor that I will like and marry in the game... (not to sound like a cliche or anything... was just looking forward to that part of the game)

Back