• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Any others not a fan of normals?

Normal villagers have always been my favorite personality type in AC games, until NH. The dialogue really is quite boring and only good as a filler. This game made me backburner a lot of my previous favorite villagers just because I find normals so bland right now.

The designs of normals are honestly the most appealing to me, simple yet cute, but I can't bring myself to have more than one in my town anymore in NH simply because I just find the dialogue to be super bland. Hearing about bugs and muscles and aching bones over and over can be a bit grating, but I honestly prefer duplicate personality types of anything to a duplicate normal in this game. Which is sad, because a lot of my favorites are normals and now I'm stuck limiting myself to 1. When I had more than one I honestly felt like I was wasting a slot in my town.

To me, yes the personality may be a bit uninteresting, but the only normal I dislike is Jambette. some that can be improved include Peaches, Marcie, and probably Cally. There are several good ones, my favorite being Marina, but I can say that they can be uninteresting, especially with repeated dialogue.

I think there's a lot of cute and cool normal villagers in terms of design, but yeah the personality is not the most entertaining for sure... I love Kiki though.

Normal villagers are my favorites. They have the cutest designs, and I find their somewhat mundane personalities charming and relatable. Of all the villager types, I'd most want to be friends with a Normal in real life.

Same, though I feel bad about not liking them because they're always so nice to you. I think it's mainly because of the fact that they appear to have low self confidence and make self-deprecating comments

I like them, myself, but I can definitely imagine not liking them much. They're a bit on the tamer side while most of the other personalities are more extroverted and stuff so it's normal (heh) that you'd feel that way about a personality that's more about being calm and collected, I guess.

The normal villagers are my favorite in both design and personality. I think they are kind and relatable <3
Rn I have 3 normal personalities on my island, and I love them all!

They are actually my favorite! I just find them very pleasant, they seem like the friendliest personality to me.

I like how they always seem to be happy to see you whereas a few of the other personalities seem to comment more on how they are seeing you a lot even if it's only the 2nd time you've talked to them that day.

normal villagers tend to be too cutesy for my taste but ill keep one just for varietys sake.

I love their designs as there’s so many adorable looking normals, but their dialogue is seriously lacking.

To be honest, all of the personalities feel pretty lacklustre to me due to the watered down dialogue in NH

Normal villagers have the widest range of quality with some of them being some of the most adorable and well designed characters in the series on one side, others that are absolutely abysmal to look at on the other, and a whole host of others that vary in between. Some of them like Goldie and Molly are some of my favorite villagers, while others like Merengue are...

latest

I just don't get what they were going for.

As for their dialogue...

It's okay.

Normal is my favorite personality type, but I get that people don't like them as much. Everyone has their preferences! Although, you have to admit that there are a lot of awesome normal villager designs (Kiki, Bea, Poppy, Aurora, Daisy, Fauna, Gayle, Goldie, Lily, Lolly, Melba, Mitzi, Nana, Pekoe, Stella, Skye, Sylvana, Vesta, Tia)

they're the most boring personality to me, as well. I can only have one in my town right now because the thought of having the same dialogue with more than one normal gives me a headache. i kind of miss the days of Wild World were the villagers were a little meaner to you, normals are the prime example of Nintendo trying to make things sickly sweet and it bothers me :' )

To expand upon my previous post, perhaps it's because I'm quite a boring person in real life, but I kind of appreciate that aspect of them?

minyoongiluv probably put it most aptly. They're boring but they're sweet. They strike me as the type of characters you could sit down and have cup of tea with without things getting too chaotic, and who are mindful of the subjectmatter they talk about. I can see why that may not be appealing to some, but for me, it's pleasant and comfortable.

Back