another "villager moved out/need them back" question

MayorOrpheus

Bells
Well I screwed up big time. Definitely my fault. I needed a break from the game, took a month off, logged back in, Fang had already moved out. I thought I went back to the last day I had played correctly, but I screwed something up. Long blog post short, I'm crushed. He's was an original and has been in my town since the game came out. Suffice to say, long...long..time. Heart broken. I know about the 16 villager cycling, I've done it before. What I don't know is how "the void" works. Is it possible he's in my void and can street pass to another town that way? I haven't been near any wifi other than my own since I found this out, which was about an hour ago. I'd like to get back the original Fang, whatever the process. If I can "void" him to another town, cycle, then get back the original, that's ideal. If it's possible to make the void work in my favor, please let me know. Thanks for any help.

16 villager cycle does NOT work. Maybe try getting him from another person :). If he pops up in one of my two towns, I'll let ya know!

16 villager cycle does NOT work. Maybe try getting him from another person :). If he pops up in one of my two towns, I'll let ya know!

Not sure what you're talking about here.

You have to cycle 16 villagers out before you can even attempt to get the villager that moved out last back.

It's not even a matter of working or not working. Its basic game mechanics.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also he should be in your void, but chances of it working in your favor would be really slim.

Though even if you get him back (as in the one originally from your town), he won't remember who you are at all. If that's what you're hoping for.

Last edited:
I've cycled to get Eugene back, it works. That has to happen no matter what. I'm asking if it's somehow possible to get my original Fang from the void, hold him in another town with another ds, then cycle and get him back.

It's all theoretically possible.

However there's so much that could go wrong, unless you do it all yourself. Plus as mentioned, they will completely forget you regardless.

So unless you just want them back due to some painstakingly hard interior decoration, it may be easier to just cycle 16 and find a new Fang.

Ah, didn't realize they'd forget me regardless. Thank you. Guess I'm gearing up for more cycling. Takes forever to move 16 out, especially when I want to keep most of my villagers. I have Ankha and don't want her, perhaps I'll offer a trade for Fang once I've cycled enough.

I'm sorry to hear that :c
Yes, you can get the same Fang back. Visit someone's town and there's a chance he'll move in there in a few days. Then ask that person to hold him for you.

Next time you want to take a break from Animal Crossing, you should try this so you don't lose any villagers. Just deny a villagers request to move then don't play for as long as you want. I've done it several times and it works ^^

I'm so sorry you lost Fang, and I hope you get him back! I can see why you'd want to save Ankha for a trade, but wouldn't you be able to cycle so much faster if you let her go early? In any case, good luck!!

I'm sorry to hear that :c
Yes, you can get the same Fang back. Visit someone's town and there's a chance he'll move in there in a few days. Then ask that person to hold him for you.

Agree. He's in your void, it's just not a sure thing that he'll get picked up by someone else. I sent my Puck to another town, and when he came back he didn't remember me. I didn't go pick him up with my mayor though, and several people have told me he does recognize you briefly when you invite him back, but not after he returns.

Next time you want to take a break from Animal Crossing, you should try this so you don't lose any villagers. Just deny a villagers request to move then don't play for as long as you want. I've done it several times and it works ^^
This is one of my favorite tips that I've learned here, but it doesn't work when you didn't realize you would be gone. I think after an unexpected absence I would jump back months before the date I thought had played. Going back in time only counts as one ACNL day, even if it's a big jump. Then play day by day till you deny a ping so you can make the safe jump back to the present.

Back