• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Anime!

I just finished watching Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 yesterday, has anyone else seen this? ; _ ; it's sad... (it's only 11 episodes)

I stayed up all night to watch it in one go and ended up blubbering at the last episode.

A few favorites include Higurashi no naku koro ni, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Saikano ( I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet ), Darker than Black and Toradora.

i've just finnished reading the ongoing webcomic "one-punch man" its super short atm because its only a baby manga but its really funny and y'all should check it.

I stayed up all night to watch it in one go and ended up blubbering at the last episode.

A few favorites include Higurashi no naku koro ni, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Saikano ( I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet ), Darker than Black and Toradora.

Same here!! ; ~ ; I normally don't cry when watching anime, I teared up a little with AnoHana, but with this…gaaah
I watched it twice in one day only to show my husband and he cried too. ( I got punched for laughing at him lol )

Higurashi confused me a bit, but I liked the few episodes I did see. I'll have to give Saikano a watch.
I was just recommended Darker than Black so I'll certainly have to watch that now :)
& ToraDora is one of the few anime DvD sets I had to buy ♡

The only animes i have ever watched are:
Pokemon ( but everyones seen that)
high school of the dead (only 2 episodes)
Angel beats
Rozen maiden (my favourite)
Ouran high school host club (favourite aswell)
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzamiya (cant spell)
hmmm... and clannad, but i didnt finish it because i didnt like.

Planetes
Kurenai
Neon Genesis Evangelion
STEINS;GATE (#2 favorite)
Shingeki no Kyojin
Sakurasou no Pet no Kanojo
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
The World God Only Knows (#3 favorite)
Oreimo
Cowboy Bebop (#1 favorite)
Sword Art Online
K-On!
Tamako Market
Btoooom!!
Ano Natsu de Matteru
THE UNLIMITED Hyobu Kyosuke
Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann
Ghibli Films
Oreshura

just some.

Last edited:
Planetes
Kurenai
Neon Genesis Evangelion
STEINS;GATE (#2 favorite)
Shingeki no Kyojin
Sakurasou no Pet no Kanojo
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
The World God Only Knows (#3 favorite)
Oreimo
Cowboy Bebop (#1 favorite)
Sword Art Online
K-On!
Tamako Market
Btoooom!!
Ano Natsu de Matteru
THE UNLIMITED Hyobu Kyosuke
Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann
Ghibli Films
Oreshura

just some.
out of those I have seen
Sakurasou
Oreimo
SAO
K on
Tamako Market
Ano Natsu (Very nice, I have a Remon keychain)
Some Ghibli
Oreshura

Ah the good old days when i watched anime in middle school.Now i'm apparently too busy for that.But my favorite anime is "Toradora."

Has anybody ever watched any of the Gundam series? I remember watching SD Gundam when I was 10 or so and I loved it but never watched any after that.

Ok here is some...

Ranma1/2
SuperGals
Cromarti high?
Speed racer
Akira
Full medal alchemist
Trigun
Gunsmith cats
Ping pong club
Flcl

I forget what it's called but she had a puppet on her hand that was a main carictor

Chobits
And some others...

Last edited:
Same here!! ; ~ ; I normally don't cry when watching anime, I teared up a little with AnoHana, but with this?gaaah
I watched it twice in one day only to show my husband and he cried too. ( I got punched for laughing at him lol )

Higurashi confused me a bit, but I liked the few episodes I did see. I'll have to give Saikano a watch.
I was just recommended Darker than Black so I'll certainly have to watch that now :)
& ToraDora is one of the few anime DvD sets I had to buy ♡

Higurashi is confusing at first, but most everything is explained as the series goes on.

When it comes to Saikano, it seems either people love it, or they hate it. It's pretty depressing, but it's one of those anime where you see the world in a different light for a little while after.

Has anybody ever watched any of the Gundam series? I remember watching SD Gundam when I was 10 or so and I loved it but never watched any after that.
I think a lot of people watched the Gundam series, but the SD series wasn't as popular. ( I liked it though! lol )
I had a Bakunetsumaru action figure when I was younger :blush:

I forget what it's called but she had a puppet on her hand that was a main carictor
Was it called Midori Days?

When it comes to Saikano, it seems either people love it, or they hate it. It's pretty depressing, but it's one of those anime where you see the world in a different light for a little while after.
Alright, I'll give it a watch right now :3

I can't believe I forgot about Code Geass. I remember absolutely loving it. I even have the full opening and closing of the first season on my ipod.

I think it's partially because I never got to finish it. I plan on doing that this summer though.

I don't like the ending of code geass that much, or any of the later episodes.

Recently I started Madoka and it's better than I expected, but I tried more devil survivor 2... Uhg uhg uhg. Getting worse. It's just so generic. The main characters don't have much of a personality, and the main character just yells more whenever something hard is in his way. I don't often give up on shows, but I think it's too late for this one to catch my attention.

Recently I started Madoka and it's better than I expected, but I tried more devil survivor 2... Uhg uhg uhg. Getting worse. It's just so generic. The main characters don't have much of a personality, and the main character just yells more whenever something hard is in his way. I don't often give up on shows, but I think it's too late for this one to catch my attention.

Madoka is worth finishing but is overhyped

I dropped Devil

Actually I do remember watching that on Toonami when I was younger, it was alright.

Back