• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Mafia Among Us Mafia Game Thread (Town Win!)

Let's try and investigate these users:
  • radical6
  • unravel
  • mog
I know you have heavy town reads on some of them, but I would like to see some more information.

On my list to look at anyway, so will do.

I do have a foil making unravel hard town, but will look.

TN4U is probably wolf.

Annika doesn't feel like town!Annika from what I've seen before but this is a light read without having read the full context of the game so I reserve the right to revert this for the weakest reasons.

Unravel I remember 0 of so I'm arbitrarily putting them in wolfreads.

Shiny is a beacon of towniness but probably the deep wolf.

Lily is probably town.

Yoshi is ??? therefore added to wolf.

Lily I actually have as wolfy mostly but there's just been a few posts that feel very town so more likely to be one of those players that play in a wolfy style.
These users I would like for you to explain more in depth; Lily especially. Are you simply null on her or what's going on?

Also, "beacon of towniness but probably the deep wolf" for the player you replaced isn't really telling much.

Let's try and investigate these users:
  • radical6
  • unravel
  • mog
I know you have heavy town reads on some of them, but I would like to see some more information.
the likelihood is just that at least one of these are maf since they were all fossed

but i’m struggling with teams now that dino got a green check (gf dino would be super weird im not even looking into that)

Also, "beacon of towniness but probably the deep wolf" for the player you replaced isn't really telling much.
poor ender’s joke will never land

ribbit, the context of this post is that frosty shouldnt have claimed cop softed to her. my point: she shouldve built a dolby case. you: were you going to vote him if she did? me: well, i could
you are pointing my "dolby ig" like a gotcha, like this is my argument for me being always super down to vote dolby and that i should totally be townread for a red flip. clearly that wasnt the case and im not even prentending it is

NGL, the way you're ripping apart Ribbit's wall is EXACTLY why I didn't waste my time building a case on Dolby-- my evidence was literally gut feeling leading to a PR check. There was zero chance I wasn't letting Dolby go yesterday so I was gonna out myself no matter what (notice I had that post prepared and posted it immedietly after Shiny said I sounded like a cop?). Though, instead of saying, 'hey guys, I'm cop and I got a red check on Dolby' I decided to see if I can bait out any info by playing around.

IDK, you clearly have this thing against reaction testing considering you're complaining that both Trundle and I have done it this game, and I don't quite get why. It's a valid strategy to gain information, I like to look for behavioual changes, or lack there of. But honestly, doesn't matter, I think we have more important things to worry about (finding maf)

FWIW, you voting me isn't even something I found suspicious. Though you being so adament on me being maf for saying 'cop softed to me=trust me bro' but then as soon as I outted you just replied with an oh and seemed to instantly accept it. Like, Trundle thought I was lying about my cop claim after that post and needed convincing to vote Dolby (and STILL thought he was gonna flip town). 🤷‍♀️

(but for real pot calling kettle black when Trundle is out there reaction testing + giving off major maffy behaviour but apparently I'm not allowed to lmao)

Shiny is a beacon of towniness but probably the deep wolf.

Welcome Ender. Already know you're gonna be fun.

When did I ever say that you were lying about being cop? I saw and read the claim you made earlier; I truly believe you may be cop. Just because I worded it a certain way doesn't always mean I'm unsure. I don't know how else to explain it.

You didn't but you also a) didn't acknowledge that I was cop b) said Dolby slipped. Dolby never slipped, I caught him and he started spewing. I see you're dodging answering me about if you thought Dolby was framed.

also you're doing it again, where did Mog and Unravel come from, what happened to Ribbit?

Well, I'll explain my obvious ones:
  • Dolby: Eliminated and obviously flipped red. This read was created before he was confronted (and lied) about being the doctor.
  • annika: She originally had me a bit uneasy, but I think she's less of a threat to the town now as she's pretty good at calling out potential mafia members. She'll most likely be needed for us to win. Hopefully doctor can save her a few times.
  • N e s s: Killed by mafia. To be honest, he was pretty critical at identifying user post habits, and my lean on him became more null later on toward EOD. Sucks that he's gone now.
  • radical6: Yes, she has a life, which is a legitimate reason why she didn't place a vote. However, her suddenly dropping out before the EOD raised an eyebrow. She views Frosty (you) as mafia due to "aggressive posts", which I don't really agree with.
As for the others, they either still have to place their thoughts on Ness' death or my opinion hasn't swayed all that much.

Mog and Unravel weren't on your maf leaning list in your og post (especially mog who you said was innocent), please communicate why you're suddenly maf leaning them.

I do have a foil making unravel hard town, but will look.

I'd like to hear it.
Post automatically merged:

Adding to above - a superfoil!

I find it weird that dolby would link trundle/tn4u as maf. More than once. Knowing dolby flipped red, it is ofc possible tn4u is town. But - another theory- tn4u being checked would help maf.

So either tn4u is innocent town caught up in dolby games, or -

Tn4u could be gf?

I admit - I haven't had time to look back and investigate the possibility yet. The timing of the ribbit wagon, linking with trundle, odd stuff...I just started looking into unravel, so might finish that first b4 checking into this foil.

And why i would think trundle is the frame and tn4u the poss gf :

The similar solicitation of trundle wolfreads. The ribbit wagon (need to check if it was before or after other people said they might actually vote tn4u). Similar d2 reads. And overall d3 posts from everyone.

Meh...this could be stupid wrong. But something to look into

Not weird that he would focus on TN4U considering he was my maf push Day 1 and onward, and, Dolby was very adamant to TR me near instantly and stay on my good side.

Betsy is obviously town.

Oh yeah, also why this?

Last edited:
I'd like to hear it.

It's a secret wifom I'm trapped in. Either 100% town or 100% maf.

But i will say outside the foil, it sucks to be a diff time zone and i could see how it would be hard for unravel to have a lot of interactions, esp at eod when you sleep through the insanity (lucky 😅).

Unravel voted tn4u yesterday before signing off to sleep, and again today. So it's consistent. And I do sus tn4u. Waiting to see post from unravel later.

I suck at communication. I wish people could just read my mind.

NGL, the way you're ripping apart Ribbit's wall is EXACTLY why I didn't waste my time building a case on Dolby-- my evidence was literally gut feeling leading to a PR check. There was zero chance I wasn't letting Dolby go yesterday so I was gonna out myself no matter what (notice I had that post prepared and posted it immedietly after Shiny said I sounded like a cop?). Though, instead of saying, 'hey guys, I'm cop and I got a red check on Dolby' I decided to see if I can bait out any info by playing around.

IDK, you clearly have this thing against reaction testing considering you're complaining that both Trundle and I have done it this game, and I don't quite get why. It's a valid strategy to gain information, I like to look for behavioual changes, or lack there of. But honestly, doesn't matter, I think we have more important things to worry about (finding maf)

FWIW, you voting me isn't even something I found suspicious. Though you being so adament on me being maf for saying 'cop softed to me=trust me bro' but then as soon as I outted you just replied with an oh and seemed to instantly accept it. Like, Trundle thought I was lying about my cop claim after that post and needed convincing to vote Dolby (and STILL thought he was gonna flip town). 🤷‍♀️

(but for real pot calling kettle black when Trundle is out there reaction testing + giving off major maffy behaviour but apparently I'm not allowed to lmao)

Welcome Ender. Already know you're gonna be fun.

You didn't but you also a) didn't acknowledge that I was cop b) said Dolby slipped. Dolby never slipped, I caught him and he started spewing. I see you're dodging answering me about if you thought Dolby was framed.

also you're doing it again, where did Mog and Unravel come from, what happened to Ribbit?

Mog and Unravel weren't on your maf leaning list in your og post (especially mog who you said was innocent), please communicate why you're suddenly maf leaning them.

I'd like to hear it.

Not weird that he would focus on TN4U considering he was my maf push Day 1 and onward, and, Dolby was very adamant to TR me near instantly and stay on my good side.
im not gonna explain again why i didn't like trundle reaction test. what happened yesterday with you had nothing to do with that.
you claimed someone softed a red check to you:
1) this needs a lot of coordination. me and dan needed like 5 posts to finally understand each other and the message was just "im doc"
2) if the cop softed to you, they didn't want to claim. you saying the cop softed was forcing cop to claim
3) you refused any questioning and we couldnt argue abt it whatsoever. hence "trust me bro"
i feel like i had my reasons to think this was all sketchy.

"you clearly are against reaction test" i am not. remember you did a reaction test on zinnia and i called your townie for that? you think i dont like reaction test intrinsically when i have my reason for these two specific cases

you thinking it's weird for me to immediately turn when you claim is because you just don't understand my thought process. i didn't think you were cop, i thought you were baiting cop out and you were discouraging town discussion. this is all anti-town. as soon as you claim you are cop, this all crumbles. if you want to say im dumb for not seeing that you were cop sooner, feel free to do so

"(but for real pot calling kettle black when Trundle is out there reaction testing + giving off major maffy behaviour but apparently I'm not allowed to lmao)"
i have no idea what this means

anyhow i just woke up

It's a secret wifom I'm trapped in. Either 100% town or 100% maf.

But i will say outside the foil, it sucks to be a diff time zone and i could see how it would be hard for unravel to have a lot of interactions, esp at eod when you sleep through the insanity (lucky 😅).

Unravel voted tn4u yesterday before signing off to sleep, and again today. So it's consistent. And I do sus tn4u. Waiting to see post from unravel later.

I suck at communication. I wish people could just read my mind.

Noted but now I'd like to look for it for reasons. :unsure:

im not gonna explain again why i didn't like trundle reaction test. what happened yesterday with you had nothing to do with that.
you claimed someone softed a red check to you:
1) this needs a lot of coordination. me and dan needed like 5 posts to finally understand each other and the message was just "im doc"
2) if the cop softed to you, they didn't want to claim. you saying the cop softed was forcing cop to claim
3) you refused any questioning and we couldnt argue abt it whatsoever. hence "trust me bro"
i feel like i had my reasons to think this was all sketchy.

"you clearly are against reaction test" i am not. remember you did a reaction test on zinnia and i called your townie for that? you think i dont like reaction test intrinsically when i have my reason for these two specific cases

you thinking it's weird for me to immediately turn when you claim is because you just don't understand my thought process. i didn't think you were cop, i thought you were baiting cop out and you were discouraging town discussion. this is all anti-town. as soon as you claim you are cop, this all crumbles. if you want to say im dumb for not seeing that you were cop sooner, feel free to do so

"(but for real pot calling kettle black when Trundle is out there reaction testing + giving off major maffy behaviour but apparently I'm not allowed to lmao)"
i have no idea what this means

anyhow i just woke up

Green: Okay but you don't know the context of when/how cop softed to me, why do you think I got it right away and there wasn't some back and forth going on???? It's not like I pointed you in a direction and said, cop softed to me here in this single post, I simply said cop softed to me and left it openended, you made assumptions. And again, I did NOT think you were maf for finding me being sketchy and voting for me.

Blue: I never said you were dumb, nor did I say anything along the lines of 'well everyone else got it' for you to get this impression. I said it was odd you didn't even raise an eyebrow and consider that I lied and faked those softs to do a fake cop call from the start--especially now that you're admitting you thought I was baiting out the actual cop originally. I know you took my asking to be maf read to be wine, but I've been begging for those maf reads so town will have something to look into if I die (especially night 1 when all you had on me was everyone TRed me and I suspected TN4U). We've never played before, we don't know each others meta, I've already acknowledged that I don't think we think the same way so yes, I agree, I don't know your thought process. This is why I'm pointing things out I'm not understanding so I can learn it and (hopefully) settle my doubts about you as maf. I would never call you dumb personally, especially in a game that revolves around manipulation, please don't assume these things.

purple: Sorry that part was directed at Trundle,

(and I only brought up about Shiny getting it because she called it out and that's why I dropped the act and just outted then and there, it wasn't a 'well Shiny got it why didn't you?')

Green: Okay but you don't know the context of when/how cop softed to me, why do you think I got it right away and there wasn't some back and forth going on???? It's not like I pointed you in a direction and said, cop softed to me here in this single post, I simply said cop softed to me and left it openended, you made assumptions. And again, I did NOT think you were maf for finding me being sketchy and voting for me.

Blue: I never said you were dumb, nor did I say anything along the lines of 'well everyone else got it' for you to get this impression. I said it was odd you didn't even raise an eyebrow and consider that I lied and faked those softs to do a fake cop call from the start--especially now that you're admitting you thought I was baiting out the actual cop originally. I know you took my asking to be maf read to be wine, but I've been begging for those maf reads so town will have something to look into if I die (especially night 1 when all you had on me was everyone TRed me and I suspected TN4U). We've never played before, we don't know each others meta, I've already acknowledged that I don't think we think the same way so yes, I agree, I don't know your thought process. This is why I'm pointing things out I'm not understanding so I can learn it and (hopefully) settle my doubts about you as maf. I would never call you dumb personally, especially in a game that revolves around manipulation, please don't assume these things.

purple: Sorry that part was directed at Trundle,

(and I only brought up about Shiny getting it because she called it out and that's why I dropped the act and just outted then and there, it wasn't a 'well Shiny got it why didn't you?')
because there was no back and forth lol
im just gonna die on this hill anyways so regardless of that im just explaining why i dont think trundle and yours case was similar at all
just to clarify that i dont think you called me dumb. im just stating that in fact i have no idea that you were the cop and maybe you might find that jarring so you are free to think its dumb KEK
and yeah i think your wine makes a lot of sense now

moving on im currently looking at dolbys and ness' legacy while i wait my food and ill compile everything on one post bc people prefer that

Yes, it's interesting. If I'm right after game I'll say what it was. If wrong, I'll still say what is was and how i got there. Probably wrong. 🙄

The shiny slot is odd to me. Hope ender comes in with help on that one.

And reading eod, Dolby was so dirty trying to out people. I hope the graveyard is a desolate, itemless wasteland. 😂

because there was no back and forth lol
im just gonna die on this hill anyways so regardless of that im just explaining why i dont think trundle and yours case was similar at all
just to clarify that i dont think you called me dumb. im just stating that in fact i have no idea that you were the cop and maybe you might find that jarring so you are free to think its dumb KEK
and yeah i think your wine makes a lot of sense now

moving on im currently looking at dolbys and ness' legacy while i wait my food and ill compile everything on one post bc people prefer that

Fair enough, Trundle just boasts his meta is acting maffy even as town, where my whole game was to suddenly flip to acting maffy to see how people would react My results, I feel most people ignored it:cautious:, you had what I felt was an overall townie drooping fear, Radical and Trundle tried to point fingers, and Dolby (aka our confirmed maf), was like nah she's making weird takes but still town. It's something we can analyse now. If you didn't like my actions I respect that, but I personally think it was helpful to me.

Speaking of,, @BetsySundrop I wanna know why you went along and voted Dolby before the real claim.

Fair enough, Trundle just boasts his meta is acting maffy even as town, where my whole game was to suddenly flip to acting maffy to see how people would react My results, I feel most people ignored it:cautious:, you had what I felt was an overall townie drooping fear, Radical and Trundle tried to point fingers, and Dolby (aka our confirmed maf), was like nah she's making weird takes but still town. It's something we can analyse now. If you didn't like my actions I respect that, but I personally think it was helpful to me.

Speaking of,, @BetsySundrop I wanna know why you went along and voted Dolby before the real claim.

I had already had dolby on a maf team with dolby/tn4u/ and ness or trundle. When you first put out dolby/maf, i posted my reasons for dolbytown and dolbywolf.

The one thing that held me back was my take on his read switches d1 to d2. Sudden switches, so i thought either maf targeting or cop with bad info (the frame). So waited to see more.

But- when you said what if someone softed to you about dolby being red check i was like, say no more! A poss redcheck and my own sus on him, that was enough for me to vote him. Only became more obvious as the day went on.

I had already had dolby on a maf team with dolby/tn4u/ and ness or trundle. When you first put out dolby/maf, i posted my reasons for dolbytown and dolbywolf.

The one thing that held me back was my take on his read switches d1 to d2. Sudden switches, so i thought either maf targeting or cop with bad info (the frame). So waited to see more.

But- when you said what if someone softed to you about dolby being red check i was like, say no more! A poss redcheck and my own sus on him, that was enough for me to vote him. Only became more obvious as the day went on.
i was gonna mention this

here is ness’ read list:

I might get tomatoes thrown at me here but I could reasonably see some variation of radical/mog/trundle/Yoshi or tn4u/unravel/dinosaur/radical.

I have a weird worldview that radical would make sense in several wolf teams

Nah I think we have a pretty good idea. From my perspective a red flip clears like 3-4 players. TN4U will look objectively worse to me for the next phase as well, getting the sense that the Ribbit wagon was created to try and distract from any comments on TN4U during that part of D1.

wolf!Dolby= town!Frosty, Ribbit, Betsy, Shiny, Annika (?)

doctor!Dolby= town!Trundle, Frosty

I’m about go golfing with my best friend, this is probably the last you’ll hear from me this phase. Don’t do anything crazy like switch off Dolby last second, he’s lying about being doctor. Radical or TN4U is the next two slots to look into. @FrostyAlmonds take my advice and investigate who you want, the framer has a low chance of picking the same person as you (famous last words for Dolby lol)

Peace and love 💕💖💘😻
i’m ngl i have lost a bit of motivation for this and im not sure where to start today

i think if we don’t flip one of mogyay/trundle/unravel slots today there are just going to be too many question marks

Last edited:
the general gist of dolby is this
town: betsy, frosty, trundle, me, unravel
hes very null on annika and flip flops a lot abt this slot, this should be worth look into and ill check her next

he says that mog is TR just because of the reactions to her slot during trundle reaction test and hardly gives any insight into the actual slot

dolby never had strong opinions on radical either, yet said they were wolfy on one of his last reads posts (after he claimed doc). said that he would ISO radical, never did. feels like distancing

dolby rejected the notion that his push on ribbit was to save tn4u. he did so by telling ness that tn4u was never a wagon. like annika, hes wishy washy abt this slot

i was gonna mention this

here is ness’ read list:

i’m ngl i have lost a bit of motivation for this and im not sure where to start today

i think if we don’t flip one of mogyay/trundle/unravel slots today there are just going to be too many question marks
how do you feel abt annika?
i think looking into his town/wolf leans gets me stuck in wine hell so i want to check for the nulls

i think looking into his town/wolf leans gets me stuck in wine hell so i want to check for the nulls
nothing about her feels off to me but ender said the opposite so i think it’s worth going back on

i do remember brining up a specific line to dolby about when she popped in and said frosty was towny and he said that it felt wolfy but would consider

i couldn’t find the interaction yet but i did find this stuff which makes me think on a different note dolby had in advance prepared to claim doc on trundle:
Trundle is town for me Frosty and I can’t really talk in depth about it now, but he did say that Mog was a wolf at the same time that I was thinking that her posts felt emptiest, and I’ve vibed well with his posts after that. I think that if he’s with mafia he could be with TN4U, and not with Mog. If Mog is a town, I think there’s a good chance that wolves are sheeping that read. RibbitRibbon could be a wolf in that regard: quite frankly the reads they provided felt like they were shaped by thread consensus. Like aside from their recent Volt doubt they’ve felt for someone posting as much as they have very conscious of what the thread consensus is. Funny enough the read process I like most is the one line they had on me lol. I don’t like what they put forward to why Trundle is a town read, and if they do know TN4U I think they could be pocketing him
Dude is in his town era. I guess there’s room for error but he’s like, one of my most confident slots. I like his d2 posting so much coming from him with how I remember him.
i’m gonna keep looking for that specific interaction

Actually @ribbitribbon what is your read on Annika?

nothing in particular stands out rn. she was in my only other game on here as a vanilla townie and i get the same vibes as last game. do you have anything specifically against them rn or is it just the afk flip

I think that the slot is the most presence for mostly vibes. That was more present d1 than d2 but still is it to a great extent. She’s just floating around and I don’t feel like she’s solving. The only inkling of that was when she said she felt I had TMi on Trundle

well idk Annika ribbit so talk to me about it and I will consider it when I get back

my only other game on here was with a town annika and she had similar behavior, only real difference i see is posting more throughout the day rather right at eod, but i don’t think i would call that a bad thing.

like when they said frosty was so towny and wondered if anyone else came to that conclusion yday it seemed like something she would do rofl

lol that is so instinctually wolfy to me but I will take that into consideration
found it

Last edited:
the general gist of dolby is this
town: betsy, frosty, trundle, me, unravel
hes very null on annika and flip flops a lot abt this slot, this should be worth look into and ill check her next

[…]

i was literally his main push

on d2

i was gonna mention this

here is ness’ read list:

bolded part. WHAT. A. MOOD.

Could I interest you in looking at TN4U as well. I really hate that I didn't push very hard for eliming him day 1. 😔

dolby never had strong opinions on radical either, yet said they were wolfy on one of his last reads posts (after he claimed doc). said that he would ISO radical, never did. feels like distancing

Yeah this is definitely something to keep in mind. I'm pretty sure Radical came up at all from him EOD is because of me calling mafia

trying to figure out where i should be looking into next

trying to sort people

Dolby
Trundle
ShinyDungeoneer - yes really this high

Volt
Ness
Frosty
Unravel - like her posting a lot today

Mogyay

Kinda just feel like I don't have enough in this group
Dinosaur
lily
yoshi

Betsy - Kinda feels like she hasn't really been solving teh game on day two. Looking at her day two posts it feels like there's no town spark and she's looking to get townread more than find imposters
radical6
TN4U

RibbonRibbit - really need to dive deep back on him. On one hand there are a lot of players she is not aligned with and I need to think of what teams can take place. On the other I just think that this slot is wolfy and I do not see why there are so many townreads directed from so many places.
Annika

Frosty hi, Day Two seems like it's gonna be a low energy day for me but I am here
Volt has a lot of town energy, they feel town in tone more than direction, but they do have a lot of town energy.

I gave a take on radical in a post above and I think afraid to give a take in more than a few places is kind of where I'm at on her
ribbit whats your worldview if unravel is town?

Frosty I don't put stock in almost any timing take that isn't "X showed up late only to vote out this town member"
(this one is irrelevant imo but for the sake of not picking and choosing since this is still related to us talking abt Radical)
Frosty I skimmed 1/2 of Radical's ISO and I do not think that that one post about Ribbit and the preferred vote out order was TMIing Ribbit. idk if there's anything else you saw as TMIy

you are asking the person in the thread who is by far most likely to say yes regardless of the game's circumstances

Also unrelated but I saw this while looking for these posts, I don't see anyone talking about Volt at all here so this was really out of nowhere.

Real talk I actively do not think that it is Volt. A couple years ago I played a few MU games with Volt, I occassionally interact with them on my wolfia server and talk about mafia to. This feels like how he approaches the mafia from those games and I didn't get the sense that the overall approach changed that much from talking to them

Also also, I think Annika shouldn't be a big priority today.

You think dolby had me town?

IIRC there were two instances where Dolby said the maf team was Betsyx4.

Oh nvm about volt being out of nowhere, Ribbit was talking about it.

nothing about her feels off to me but ender said the opposite so i think it’s worth going back on

i do remember brining up a specific line to dolby about when she popped in and said frosty was towny and he said that it felt wolfy but would consider

i couldn’t find the interaction yet but i did find this stuff which makes me think on a different note dolby had in advance prepared to claim doc on trundle:

i’m gonna keep looking for that specific interaction

found it
when i originally read it i felt it was just him being busy but it does seem that way. do you think is better for town trundle?
and yeah that interaction you pointed out pings me as him refusing to give a concrete thoughts on annika
regardless i still sheep jacob's read on annika being town

i was literally his main push

on d2
i dont think it was?

You think dolby had me town?
yeah thats true its my b

i have been reading what was posted. im still unsure who to vote for. the last thing that i want to do is bandwagon someone. im trying to play the game the way i think it was meant to be played. im so lost atm.

Back