• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
I've only bought one of each that I wanted and I bought them all online. I've bought multiples of a couple amiibo, but I bought them to send to Justin rather than to hoard or sell on. The only one I regret not preordering is Shulk.

No Gold Mario here, otherwise I would've tried to get one! Fingers crossed they'll announce him in Europe.

My collection so far:

PjcFsHx.png

I'm planning to unbox them either once I've moved to my new flat or when I can find an appropriate carry case I like. If I do so now I fear they'll get damaged in the move.

Very nice collection!! Wow, you have Marth, Villager and Rosalina! I've heard those are rare!

I may get into collecting Amiibo, but I know for sure I will never have a complete collection.

Very nice collection!! Wow, you have Marth, Villager and Rosalina! I've heard those are rare!

I may get into collecting Amiibo, but I know for sure I will never have a complete collection.

Zelda is rare too in Europe! I know it's odd, but even Kirby is hard to find here lol

I had a lot of luck with those ones.

Villager was actually what kick-started it all for me! I spent a while trying to hunt down Villager as a Christmas present for Justin because I knew he wanted one. I ended up having to import one from Japan, and after having it sat in my room for a while I kind of regretted not getting myself one too (not that I could have: the site I used had a one-per-person limit) but at the same time was glad I couldn't, because I didn't want to get caught up in the amiibo fad. Around a fortnight later I checked Amazon UK and on the off-chance found Villager going for around ?13 (standard retail price for amiibo here is between ?10-15)! I hesitated, but ordered him anyway - figured I could sell him on eBay if I changed my mind. Glad I acted fast - he sold out within an hour of me ordering him! :)

I managed to get Marth for ?14.99 on eBay by chance last month! The listing had only been up an hour or so and it was morning UK-time. Swooped in on that, especially as Marth is actually a character I really like and play a lot. I picked up Ike around the same time, and I've Robin and Lucina on preorder to complete the FE:A characters. Now I just need to get round to actually buying the game; I loved the demo.

As for Rosalina, I managed to preorder her when she first went up on Amazon UK for ?10.85. :) I was so glad. I never intended to get so into amiibo, but I said right back when they were shown at E3 that if they made a Rosalina one then I wouldn't be able to resist buying her.

I'll never have a complete collection either, but I'm happy enough just to get the ones I like best. :)

Villager was actually what kick-started it all for me! I spent a while trying to hunt down Villager as a Christmas present for Justin because I knew he wanted one. I ended up having to import one from Japan, and after having it sat in my room for a while I kind of regretted not getting myself one too (not that I could have: the site I used had a one-per-person limit) but at the same time was glad I couldn't, because I didn't want to get caught up in the amiibo fad. Around a fortnight later I checked Amazon UK and on the off-chance found Villager going for around ?13 (standard retail price for amiibo here is between ?10-15)! I hesitated, but ordered him anyway - figured I could sell him on eBay if I changed my mind. Glad I acted fast - he sold out within an hour of me ordering him! :)

I managed to get Marth for ?14.99 on eBay by chance last month! The listing had only been up an hour or so and it was morning UK-time. Swooped in on that, especially as Marth is actually a character I really like and play a lot. I picked up Ike around the same time, and I've Robin and Lucina on preorder to complete the FE:A characters. Now I just need to get round to actually buying the game; I loved the demo.

As for Rosalina, I managed to preorder her when she first went up on Amazon UK for ?10.85. :) I was so glad. I never intended to get so into amiibo, but I said right back when they were shown at E3 that if they made a Rosalina one then I wouldn't be able to resist buying her.

I'll never have a complete collection either, but I'm happy enough just to get the ones I like best. :)

Wow, you were lucky!!

The only one I have at the moment is Pikachu, and I love the quality of the figures!! I think I may get Yoshi at some point cause he's adorable :3

Wow some amii-luck going on there! I wish i could tell a similar story! But no, i do have Villager but no story behind it, i just bought it before the amiibo craze began to form, it was such a beautiful view seeing plenty of every amiibo around... :p

I've only bought one of each that I wanted and I bought them all online. I've bought multiples of a couple amiibo, but I bought them to send to Justin rather than to hoard or sell on. The only one I regret not preordering is Shulk.

No Gold Mario here, otherwise I would've tried to get one! Fingers crossed they'll announce him in Europe.

My collection so far:

PjcFsHx.png

I'm planning to unbox them either once I've moved to my new flat or when I can find an appropriate carry case I like. If I do so now I fear they'll get damaged in the move.

am i the only person who opens and uses their amiibo???

Last edited:
am i the only person who has opens and uses their amiibo???
I use them, they're better off open anyway, since the boxes take up so much room. I've seen some crazy ones though, where people cover their walls with amiibos, just like how you see them in your local department store.

Nope i opened all 10 in my possesion!
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, Yoshi, Villager, Zelda, Kirby and Pit are all being used!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I do not rip the box open though, i nicely cut out the bottom to get out the amiibo, put the plastic back in the box and keep the box somewhere safe. You really can not tell the difference between a new and opened amiibo when i put a figure back in!

Sure you are. : P That's why I posted a picture with mine all set out and sorted in a formation in a picture.

For the record, I'm sure some people are keeping them boxed in the hopes that they'll eventually gain value as collector's items. But for me, frankly, I've always wanted Nintendo figures and I love collecting little things like that, so this was a dream come true for me. Now I just really need Ness and I will finally own EarthBound/Mother 2 official merchandise.

Last edited:

I use then, I don't care at all about rarity since I never plan on reselling anything I own as a collector item. I don't need money from selling other people's products.

And they just look so trapped in their boxes.

free them

Lol I agree I open all mine be it common, uncommon, rare, unicorn etc. they were made to be figures and to have features within games. You can't get a good 360 degree view of them in the box and using them in games is fun even if it's still fairly limited. ^.^

In case anyone didn't find out (idk if it has been posted here already) but gold mario has a unique nfc to normal mario. In mp10 amiibo party it comes with a rare gold token already unlocked... who knows what else!!

Lol I agree I open all mine be it common, uncommon, rare, unicorn etc. they were made to be figures and to have features within games. You can't get a good 360 degree view of them in the box and using them in games is fun even if it's still fairly limited. ^.^
Thissssss

I hate people that collect them just to not use them.

N0WlTYdl.jpg

Here's the whole squad!

Nice collection! I only have the two Links and a Zelda one. I'm really interested in getting a Mega Man one but haven't had any success in stores.

Did you get your Mega Man in a store or just buy it online somewhere?

Back