• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
I would suggest a Ness amiibo. If you can find any Ness amiibo, of course. I am having a hard time finding a second one as there is not much Earthbound merchandise around...

I would suggest a Ness amiibo. If you can find any Ness amiibo, of course. I am having a hard time finding a second one as there is not much Earthbound merchandise around...

My local store always has all amiibo to date so it won't be too hard for me, my parents do not allow me to buy them though.

I got 10 amiibo in total: Mario, Peach, Yoshi, Villager, Kirby, Zelda, Luigi, Pit, Bowser and Rosalina! I really hope that someone nice in my familiy bought a Dedede for me but that is for 95% chance not going to happen xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also most of mine are common i know :p

you got villager and rosalina that's not common

Last edited:
Which are those six amiibo that are rare?

Villager, Kirby, Zelda, Pit, Bowser and Rosalina. I know it's odd you guys shouldn't complain about the shortages we do not even have Zelda or Kirby xD

Also everyone thinks it is fair to import from Europe but actually that is exactly why those are even rarer here than in the US, everything is already pre-ordered by outsiders here.

Last edited:
My local store always has all amiibo to date so it won't be too hard for me, my parents do not allow me to buy them though.

Also everyone thinks it is fair to import from Europe but actually that is exactly why those are even rarer here than in the US, everything is already pre-ordered by outsiders here.

I see a contradiction...

I see a contradiction...

It's at least a little based on country and even region within your country because I saw people in the UK saying no Kirby, but Italy & France have Kirby. Then at one point people in UK said there were no Zelda, but some said they saw a lot of Zeldas. I thought Germany def had Zelda & Diddy too.
But that's wave 1 & 2 stuff, I guess the rest are questionable.

It's at least a little based on country and even region within your country because I saw people in the UK saying no Kirby, but Italy & France have Kirby. Then at one point people in UK said there were no Zelda, but some said they saw a lot of Zeldas. I thought Germany def had Zelda & Diddy too.
But that's wave 1 & 2 stuff, I guess the rest are questionable.

No it is just the difference in popularity of an certain amiibo per country, we are still flooded with Ikes since the 23th of january becouse no one buys them. Kirby and Zelda are also out of stock here, Kirby is slowly coming back though and Captain Falcon sold badly as well, resulting that he is still available for ?15.99 in almost every retailer. Online is sold out everywhere though becouse of foreign orders.

Last edited:
Well that was kinda what I said... I just didn't say what the difference was because I didn't know other than it was different.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lool Why did they flood you with Ike. I kinda don't get why he was bought up anyway, so many people dismiss Fire Emblem as boring but their amiibo sure are appealing to everyone. :rolleyes:

Well that was kinda what I said... I just didn't say what the difference was because I didn't know other than it was different.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lool Why did they flood you with Ike. I kinda don't get why he was bought up anyway, so many people dismiss Fire Emblem as boring but their amiibo sure are appealing to everyone. :rolleyes:

Well Dutch people are considered the greediest in the world, most people buy Bowser becouse of it's weight (most of the people think more mass means it is worth more), resulting in him being rare. Online he is available for some extra bucks though (around €23) becouse there is no need for American people to order him here.

Last edited:
link. ness is gonna be so freaking rare ;-;

He probably is not rare here in Europe becouse no one knows him here, thus won't be bought that much, Earthbound never released here y'know xD (Hardcore Nintendo fans like my uncle do have it though along with Mario RPG which also never saw the light of day here.)

He probably is not rare here in Europe becouse no one knows him here, thus won't be bought that much, Earthbound never released here y'know xD (Hardcore Nintendo fans like my uncle do have it though along with Mario RPG which also never saw the light of day here.)

then you, my friend, are lucky

Well Dutch people are considered the greediest in the world, most people buy Bowser becouse of it's weight (most of the people think more mass means it is worth more), resulting in him being rare. Online he is available for some extra bucks though (around €23) becouse there is no need for American people to order him here.

OMG Is that really a reason why? Bowser is fat so he's worth more, Ike is slim so not so much!? That's kinda neat there's that trend over there. Yeah anytime I look up to buy Ike it's always the EU version, JP & NA are gone. Even on PlayAsia it's the only Amiibo that has to be European.

Back