• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
Not too long ago, I missed the amiibo Retro 3-pack from the Canadian EBGames website because I overslept past 10:30 AM EDT. Tonight, I managed to preorder these guys up. And that was easy. It was there for more than an hour.

Either this was retailer exclusivity done right or that these characters aren't popular enough to begin with.

I am SO good at this preordering amiibo. XD

Preorder 1 of 1
MEWTWO amiibo - Super Smash Bros. Collection
Condition: New
Price: ?14.99
Quantity: 1

Last edited:
I wasn't sure if I wanted to get Mewtwo or not but I'll be passing at ?15. MAYBE at ?11. And that's just maybe, I might want to buy it for a friend instead.

I cannot help it if my region's Nintendo has enough common sense to not make them exclusives. :*(

I have now preordered the 8-bit Super Mario (Modern Colours) amiibo.

EDIT: This is a shame to suggest, but if you don't like me as much as you seem not to do... :(
Just left-click on my username and click Ignore User.

Last edited:
Exclusives aren't even really a problem unless you don't live near a store. The same number of amiibo will be produced regardless whether it is exclusive or not. People complain exclusives are really rare but that isn't because they're limited to one store.

Besides, UK has so many fewer places to buy amiibo - especially instore - so exclusives are worthless. Their point is to get people to go to their store. GAME already know there is basically nowhere else to buy amiibo instore, why would they pay more to secure that? That's also why they can charge ?15 - there is so little competition, they can drive their prices up and people will still buy it.

Just pre-ordered the Retro pack with Mr. G&W, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt.

I can't believe that thing is still up haha how great.
Here's the link for anyone:
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/amiibo-retro-3-pack-exclusive/123757

Also, Ganon, ZSS, Olimar, Classic Color Super Mario and Animal Crossing Cards all have links up on Wal-Mart. They could go up anytime, so it's good to have these handy.

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comm..._super_mario_amiibo_listed_on_walmart/cu0h4ze

I can't believe that thing is still up haha how great.
Here's the link for anyone:
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/amiibo-retro-3-pack-exclusive/123757

Also, Ganon, ZSS, Olimar, Classic Color Super Mario and Animal Crossing Cards all have links up on Wal-Mart. They could go up anytime, so it's good to have these handy.

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comm..._super_mario_amiibo_listed_on_walmart/cu0h4ze
Way to go GameStop. Actually providing a good amount of preorders.

I wish I wasn't going to be so busy these next couple of days, I really like the Olimar amiibo and would rather preorder one than try my hand at just showing up at GS on the day of release.
Thanks for the tip, you rule ~

Hey does any one know how much you think the whole box for the animal crossing amiibo cards will cost ?... Thinking about getting a box depending on the price though XD..

I do want to collect those amiibo's but the only one I am hoping to snatch from that wave is Zero Suit Samus.. - drools -

Hey does any one know how much you think the whole box for the animal crossing amiibo cards will cost ?... Thinking about getting a box depending on the price though XD..

I do want to collect those amiibo's but the only one I am hoping to snatch from that wave is Zero Suit Samus.. - drools -

Currently we have single pack of 3 cards for 4.99
Triple pack of 3 cards at 12.49
I'd expect 10 packs of 3 cards around 38.00

America are getting 6 cards for $6? Wow, way to rub salt in the wound... </3

Seriously, even at ?1 per card UK would be paying more than everywhere else which I would be fine with but nope, we're going to be paying over double that at some places. ;-;

Exclusives aren't even really a problem unless you don't live near a store. The same number of amiibo will be produced regardless whether it is exclusive or not. People complain exclusives are really rare but that isn't because they're limited to one store.

Besides, UK has so many fewer places to buy amiibo - especially instore - so exclusives are worthless. Their point is to get people to go to their store. GAME already know there is basically nowhere else to buy amiibo instore, why would they pay more to secure that? That's also why they can charge ?15 - there is so little competition, they can drive their prices up and people will still buy it.

Doesn't that mean GAME in the UK is sort of like a Monopoly then?? Monopolies are illegal in the US to run :/

I have 2 Peach amiibo. Both from Sm4sh. No clue why.
I'm not really a collector, I just get the cute looking ones. :p

So, the batch of four amiibo I ordered last week is arrived, but there's a catch. One of them was supposed to be Toad, but Wal-Mart threw SM Bowser instead despite the receipt being accurate. I'm pretty sure he read my blog review of his Smash amiibo, where I praised him a lot. Well, that was hilarious in hindsight, but I guess I'll leave him boxed and keep it as a potential surprise Christmas present.

In the same batch, Rosalina, King Dedede and Dark Pit are near-perfect condition. And they all look dang great!

So, the batch of four amiibo I ordered last week is arrived, but there's a catch. One of them was supposed to be Toad, but Wal-Mart threw SM Bowser instead despite the receipt being accurate. I'm pretty sure he read my blog review of his Smash amiibo, where I praised him a lot. Well, that was hilarious in hindsight, but I guess I'll leave him boxed and keep it as a potential surprise Christmas present.

In the same batch, Rosalina, King Dedede and Dark Pit are near-perfect condition. And they all look dang great!

What if SM Bowser ate Toad and placed himself where Toad was?? :rolleyes:

Back