• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Am I the only one who gets stressed and terrified by pinged chasing villagers?

Kairi-Kitten

Weak Grandpa
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Switch
8547-6551-6796
Red Christmas Stocking
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Tasty Cake
Black Famous Mushroom
Red Lily
Red Lily
Red Lily
Red Lily
Red Lily
Red Lily
I can't fully explain other than pure anxiety when I just wanna do my thing and they start running me down like they're after my soul LOL. anyone else get a sense of stress/fear when dealing w/ this or is it just me?? 😂

Depends on the villager, lol! When it's a dreamie, I'm happy to listen to what they have to say.
When it's one I wanna boot off the island, I just think 'What the heck do you want this time'

Depends on the villager, lol! When it's a dreamie, I'm happy to listen to what they have to say.
When it's one I wanna boot off the island, I just think 'What the heck do you want this time'

I feel you I tend to veer closer to my town cuties and crankies and just w/ others I dont care for or if im distracted it legit kinda gives me anxiety haha hard to explain kinda like "please let me be!" lol.

Naw, my initial reaction is like a cranky old man being interrupted during a TV show.

It's also so weird how they can ping you from behind buildings.

Rhonda did that to me right as I walked into the resident services. Great timing, Rhonda. 😒

Naw, my initial reaction is like a cranky old man being interrupted during a TV show.

Rhonda did that to me right as I walked into the resident services. Great timing, Rhonda. 😒

Ooo yeah that sounds rather frustrating.

I can't fully explain other than pure anxiety when I just wanna do my thing and they start running me down like they're after my soul LOL. anyone else get a sense of stress/fear when dealing w/ this or is it just me?? 😂

i'm extremely easily startled so yeah, sometimes lol

...and since they do it way less frequently than in ww and nl, i'm never expecting it!

i'm extremely easily startled so yeah, sometimes lol

...and since they do it way less frequently than in ww and nl, i'm never expecting it!

Oh yeah hard feels right there, the moment you don't even see it coming haha it's pretty startling I legit and kinda just run away if i'm really not feeling it LOL.

Someone did that to me (Filbert maybe?) as I was walking into Nook's Cranny. I ran back out immediately but they had forgotten they pinged me.

They can ping you from the other side of rivers too. I was on one side of a river fishing, and the villager who pinged me was on the other side. It made them run to the edge of the river and just stand there expectantly until I vaulted over to talk to them.

When I'm in landscaping mode it throws me off. They usually disappear when I landscape and then one pings and I'm like WHA WHO WHAT WAS THAT- Oh. Uhm oh Hi Lolly.
Sometimes I get annoyed like LOLLY WHAT DO YOU WANT I AM WoRkInG.

If I'm just wandering around I usually run up to them and go awlll what do you want? But landscaping and fishing are serious you cant bother the island rep then or I'll punch them on reflex.

I had one ping me when I was on top of a cliff and he was at the bottom and I didn't have ramps. So much stress

I had one ping me when I was on top of a cliff and he was at the bottom and I didn't have ramps. So much stress
you didn't have a ladder? this happened to me once and I was I don't have a ramp so I used my ladder to get there. I didn't expect the villager to actually wait for me

you didn't have a ladder? this happened to me once and I was I don't have a ramp so I used my ladder to get there. I didn't expect the villager to actually wait for me

I had a ladder but I don't know how long they wait and I was chasing a Peacock butterfly at the time.

LOL i get excited cause i'm probably getting a new reaction or something

I was holding a net yesterday and Eunice (my favorite) decided to ping me. I pressed A too early and accidentally hit her. I felt genuine guilt. I never even got to see what she pinged me for because apparently hitting villagers cancels the action.

it was a bit creepy when Kyle started chasing me once x__x he just wouldn't give up! and I get a heart attack every time they call out to me, it just comes so out of nowhere!!

Back