• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Am I doing something wrong?? (Campsite)

Colrayne

Phantom
Bells
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
So I have had a campsite for months now but I have terrible luck with it ... by luck with it I mean actually getting anyone to use it. The entire time I have had it I have had four characters camp in it. That's roughly one camper a month.

I have flowers, trees and tree stumps around the camp site, nothing that would hinder getting to it but does any of that stuff effect the likelihood of a camper? Is there anything that I can attempt to do to get more use from it?

Me too, i dont get too many campers. I dont know if theres anything you can do to "trigger" a camper.

It's pretty random. Sometimes I'll get villagers in there a few times a week and other times I'll get no one for a long time.

Gah, I was hoping it wasn't random T_T
I always have rotten luck when it comes to random events in games.

It's random, but if you have time and want to, you can use the villager reset trick. On a day you haven't started the game as one of your existing characters, just make a side character and check the campsite for villagers. If there's no one there, or someone you don't want, just shut the game off without saving and repeat. If there's someone you want, have the side character build their house, then leave the game, destroy their house and start as your character so you can convince them to move in. It still might take a while, but it's better than waiting months to get a villager you might not even like.

That's a pretty neat trick, I will have to try it out one day when I have nothing to do. Sounds really time consuming but I agree that it is better than waiting months for a villager I might not like at all.

It's very difficult to use the campsite if you're looking for one specific villager, but it's possible if you spend enough time and tears on it. I usually draw a circle on the floor and chant the incantation to Cthulhu to help.

It can get very frustrating, though. It's an immense help if you're less strict about the campsite visitor you want to keep.

Last edited:
I don't know why, but my town always have campers. Maybe once every few days. I had a camper in there 3 days in a row now, all villagers that I'd want in my town (Mira, Poncho, and now KABUKI :() but I can't adopt any because the villager I want out wont move :'( :'( There's so many campers I've come to the point that I don't even want to check it when I have 10 villagers.

It seems live I've gotten less campers when the snow came. I don't know why but I think I have had about 4 since the snow. Also about the time I stopped caring about my weeds (wanna play the minigame heh). I wish more moved in when it snowed, though. The igloo is so pretty :blush:

My campsite is always sadly empty too. I go each day after I log in to check it and bbboooo - no one there. It has been that way for ages. I really want to try to get items from the winter campers too (though I have no clue how to do that either :) ) so I'm even more sad when I see it empty these days!

I think campers are more likely in the summer time but i'm unsure.

I've only had ONE camper since the snow came, so I can relate. I have horrible luck with "random", too. lol (Random events... made me nostalgic for Neopets. :) )

Back