Airplanes o.e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisathegreat!

Bells
I just found out I'm going to NC sometime at the end of the month. I've NEVER been on an airplane.

I'M SCARED. Advice?

don't be scared?

that's about all i can say. i've heard stuff about chewing gum to help the ears popping thing, but other than that, just chill. ain't nothin but a thang.

listen to some music, or watch something (need to bring/have something to listen/watch on, for this)

but.. yeah. just chill/don't be scared.

I HATE planes. But I hate heights anyway. Sorry, to bring ya down if I did. >.< But bring lots of stuff to do. iPod, laptop, sketchbook (drawing calms me down), movies for your laptop, a blanket, a pillow. You don't need food, because they give out either pretzels or peanuts like 4 times and free soda!!!!! :)

EDIT: @psychonaut: love the avatar! That's my favorite episode from Courage the Cowardly Dog. Heh. "Hot Head". Brings back memories. :)

Mochacho said:
I HATE planes. But I hate heights anyway. Sorry, to bring ya down if I did. >.< But bring lots of stuff to do. iPod, laptop, sketchbook (drawing calms me down), movies for your laptop, a blanket, a pillow. You don't need food, because they give out either pretzels or peanuts like 4 times and free soda!!!!! :)
a note on this

laptops are not dvd players

i believe that it is recommended that a laptop be plugged in when using the disc drive, or else it has serious side-effects on the battery's overall life.

ex: it will last one year, instead of five.

edit: @mochacho, it's freaky fred, hothead has eustace asplodin stuff. D:

Psychonaut said:
Mochacho said:
a note on this

i believe that it is recommended that a laptop be plugged in when using the disc drive, or else it has serious side-effects on the battery's overall life.

Laptops can be DVD players. Sure, it eats up the battery, but it all depends on how long she's on the plane. And how the battery life is on her computer. If it's set to power saver, she should be ok.

@psychonaut: same difference. it's still my favorite episode.

Mochacho said:
Psychonaut said:
Mochacho said:
a note on this

Laptops can be DVD players. Sure, it eats up the battery, but it all depends on how long she's on the plane. And how the battery life is on her computer. If it's set to power saver, she should be ok.

It actually does have an effect on battery, even if it's on safe mode.

As for airplanes, I've been on so many. I like to make sure I'm tired when going on a plane since sleeping makes it a million times easier, or you can rent a movie if you have some kind of iPod for like 2-10 bucks.

Airplanes are awesome. I swear, if I had thousands of dollars to throw around I'd spend it all on flights. :p

Mochacho said:
Psychonaut said:
Mochacho said:
a note on this

err.. you miss my point.

it is unsafe for the battery's life on the whole, not just for the charge.

it does eat up the battery fast, but it also wears it out for the concurrent/recurring charges.. which means if she uses it for a dvd player for a week, her battery will die sooner than it would have if she had either plugged it in while watching dvd's, or not watched them while it was unplugged..

but yeah, i didn't know it either. boo hoo @ my dad's laptop. lols.

NikoKing said:
Mochacho said:
Psychonaut said:
Mochacho said:
a note on this

It actually does have an effect on battery, even if it's on safe mode.
Yeah, but it eats up a little less. But that little bit can make all the difference.

Psychonaut said:
Mochacho said:
Psychonaut said:
Mochacho said:
a note on this

err.. you miss my point.

it does eat up the battery fast, but it also wears it out for the concurrent/recurring charges.. which means if she uses it for a dvd player for a week, her battery will die sooner than it would have if she had either plugged it in while watching dvd's, or not watched them while it was unplugged..

Yes, my laptop's battery is dead and it's only life support is having it plugged into a charger at all times.

Planes aren't that bad. Just make sure if you use something electronic make sure it is charged BEFORE going on the plane.

NikoKing said:
Psychonaut said:
Mochacho said:
Psychonaut said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep movies for your laptop,

err.. you miss my point.

Yes, my laptop's battery is dead and it's only life support is having it plugged into a charger at all times.
^ this.

and on the topic of renting a movie from itunes, lol.

if you want to watch a dvd and have an ipod that supports video, rip the dvd using dvdshrink, then convert it to .mp4 using handbrake.

once you get it down/have an xbawks heug hard drive, it's like "OH SH- I DON'T EVEN NEED PHYSICAL MEDIA ANYMORE"

also, yesyes @ what cherrytree said.

Psychonaut said:
NikoKing said:
Psychonaut said:
Mochacho said:
err.. you miss my point.

^ this.

if you want to watch a dvd and have an ipod that supports video, rip the dvd using dvdshrink, then convert it to .mp4 using handbrake.

once you get it down/have an xbawks heug hard drive, it's like "OH SH- I DON'T EVEN NEED PHYSICAL MEDIA ANYMORE"

That's also another easier way that I forgot about :p .

NikoKing said:
Psychonaut said:
NikoKing said:
Psychonaut said:
^ this.

That's also another easier way that I forgot about :p .
totally doesn't rip off the dvd encryption/security.. :p

You're statistically more likely to be killed in the car driving to the airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back