• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

After Prime...

dragonflamez said:
So...basically, you want more Prime
No, Metroid Prime isn't an FPS. I'm talking no adventureness... no "puzzles"... just shooting at the enemy. And I don't think Samus should be the main character. And you'd have an army with you, like FPSs.

STORMCOMMANDER said:
dragonflamez said:
No, Metroid Prime isn't an FPS. I'm talking no adventureness... no "puzzles"... just shooting at the enemy. And I don't think Samus should be the main character. And you'd have an army with you, like FPSs.
That'd be like... HALO! :yes: Good idea... But w/ online.

STORMCOMMANDER said:
dragonflamez said:
No.
No, nonono
Metroid is an Adventure game at the core.
It's what makes it special.
Take it away, and it's going to die.
Metroid should either continue the path that it's on, or return to 3rd person mode.

dragonflamez said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
dragonflamez said:
No.
No, nonono
Metroid should either continue the path that it's on, or return to 3rd person mode.
Maybe, just for *online.*

Pichubro said:
dragonflamez said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
dragonflamez said:
No.
No, nonono
I have no problem with online.
But Metroid HAS to keep the adventure elements. That's why MPH bombed so hard.

dragonflamez said:
Pichubro said:
dragonflamez said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
dragonflamez said:
No.
No, nonono
I just don't like adventure games where it's you get tapped and you lose [a lot of] health. And it takes forever to find a "re-charge station" or you NEED to kill 50 enemies to get a little blob of health.

Pichubro said:
dragonflamez said:
Pichubro said:
dragonflamez said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
dragonflamez said:
No.
No, nonono
I just don't like adventure games where it's you get tapped and you lose [a lot of] health. And it takes forever to find a "re-charge station" or you NEED to kill 50 enemies to get a little blob of health.
Yet, that's Metroid.
You and Str0m's suggestions are turning it into the EXACT kind of Halo clone that everyone so-dearly wants it to not be.

dragonflamez said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
dragonflamez said:
No.
No, nonono
I just think it needs something new. People like FPSs these days. I've never really been a Metroid fan, but I probably would be if this happened.

dragonflamez said:
Pichubro said:
dragonflamez said:
Pichubro said:
dragonflamez said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
dragonflamez said:
No.
No, nonono
Yet, that's Metroid.
You and Str0m's suggestions are turning it into the EXACT kind of Halo clone that everyone so-dearly wants it to not be.
Are you saying every FPS is a Halo clone? People thought GoW would be one... and now we can see that it's not: a lot of people like it better too.

Lots of people get annoyed of collecting everything in 2 hours. For "the best ending."

:unsure:

I never even found the grapple hook in MP1.

No, I'm not.
But what sets Metroid and Halo apart is Metroid's exploration theme. Without that....yes, it IS another Halo clone.
I say Metroid stays the same.
Although some online would be nice.

dragonflamez said:
No, I'm not.
But what sets Metroid and Halo apart is Metroid's exploration theme. Without that....yes, it IS another Halo clone.
Uh... Halo wasn't the first FPS.

STORMCOMMANDER said:
dragonflamez said:
No, I'm not.
so true

all FPS games are the same lol

I don't even see why Halo is so great... it's just like all the others...

I personally think that the Halo theme would only work with those marine peoples from the second game (the ones that were mauled by the ing).

STORMCOMMANDER said:
dragonflamez said:
No, I'm not.
But as one of the major bestsellers of this time, most FPS try to copy a bit of the Halo formula
There are Halo clones everywhere.
Metroid's a bestseller as it is. It doesnt need to be watered-down

Back