• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

ACNH Villager Rankdown (#1 and #2 HAVE BEEN POSTED!)

Sad to see Marshal and Raymond go, but I admire your bravery for eliminating them both in one post. 😀

I love him too! ❤

I wanted to announce that I am looking for a replacement ranker. If anyone is interested please PM me!!!!! 😁
Post automatically merged:

Here is @Asarena list...
1. Gala
2. Maple
3. Kiki
4. Poncho
5. Roald
6. Yuka
7. Coco
8. Carmen
9. Bianca
10. Colton

I should be keeping my head down, but I think we already had Roald (and he was saved)?

Saving:
Roald
Yuka
Bianca
Colton
Kiki

Cutting:
Gala
Maple
Poncho
Coco
Carmen

I just want to start by saying that I don't dislike any of the villagers that I cut. It's just that I knew I had to save Roald, Yuka, Bianca, and Colton as soon as I saw the list. There was only really one save spot that I had to think about, and it ended up going to Kiki because I felt like she would be the most painful to cut from the ones who were left.

Honestly, Gala is my second favorite pig villager in the game. The only pig I like more than her is Rasher. I feel bad for cutting her because I think she's super cute. There's nothing about her appearance that I find unappealing. She's the stereotypical pink pig, and she has some cute flowers on her head along with two big blue eyes. The exterior and interior of her house are both pretty nice to me, nothing too fancy or out there. If my list had contained different villagers, then there'd have been a good chance of her being saved, but she just had some unfortunately tough competition.
Gala_NH.png

Similar to Gala, Maple is also a villager that I think of as cute. She's another one with realistic coloring as well being a bear cub with brown fur. The only thing I kind of dislike about her appearance are her black eyes. For the most part, I don't like villagers that have solid colored eyes. She does have a white shine on her eyes though, which helps a bit. I'm not particularly fond of the exterior color of her house, but I think her interior is cute. It's very simple, and I feel like it suits her. I feel sorry that I have to cut her, but I guess she's a bit plain even if she is cute.
Maple_NH.png

Next up is Poncho. Truthfully, I can't say that I'm his biggest fan. He just seems really plain to me. His facial expression kind of bothers me. He's just smiling with his wide, blank eyes. I feel like the shape of his mouth doesn't help either. Look at the shape of his mouth compared to Maple's, and I think you'll see what I mean. His is just a single curve while her mouth has two curves like a w. On top of his appearance, there's his personality type. He's a jock. It's the worst personality type. I had two jocks on my island early on, and I thought I was going to go insane. On a positive note, I do like the exterior of his house. The interior is a bit odd though. Why does he need three bunk beds? Is he expecting a lot of Goldilocks-like uninvited guests? I can't say I'm sorry to see him go, but there are villagers I dislike more than him.
Poncho_NH.png

And then we have Coco. I'm not a fan. Like I get it, she's a gyroid, haniwa, or whatever. And that's nice and all, but she creeps me out. I always loved collecting gyroids and I look forward to their return in New Horizons, but something about a gyroid rabbit villager just doesn't work for me. Those empty eyes and the empty gaping mouth... She would haunt my dreams if I had her on my island. If her mouth were different and only her eyes were like that then I feel like maybe she wouldn't be so disturbing. Her house isn't my favorite either. Simple can be nice, but her exterior and interior are a bit too simple for me. I'm happy to be the one to cut her.
Coco_NH.png

Last and probably least to be honest, we have Carmen. Her facial expression... She just looks so smug/snobby to me? She's a peppy, so I guess it makes sense, but she just seems so annoying based on her expression. It may be because both of her eyes are solid in color and seem to be looking in the same direction. I'm not a fan of her bangs/hair/head pattern either. It might be better if it had more texture to it instead of being the same texture as the rest of her fur, but I'm not sure. I feel like the style doesn't work with her head shape. I will say that I do like her color scheme though. The color inside her ears is especially pretty. If she had a better face and hair/head then I think she'd have the potential to be really cute. I like the interior and exterior of her home as well. Both are cute and simple!
Carmen_NH.png

Post automatically merged:

Oh, I just saw the post before mine since I was doing my write ups. Well, I guess I'll have to see who replaces Roald to see if I'll alter my cuts

My first thought was to save Gala and cut Bam, but after looking at some pictures of him I've decided to stick with my original cuts. Bam may be a jock, but right now I can't help but feel that he's kind of more interesting than Gala. I find the spots on the back of his head particularly cute:
ifi6AuQ.png

Before I post @Pintuition ’s list, I wanted to announce that I have found a replacement ranker! 👏 Please welcome @misstayleigh who will be playing as Kicks!

Here is @Pintuition ’s list...
  1. Static
  2. Sprinkle
  3. Frobert
  4. Peanut
  5. Cole
  6. Mitzi
  7. Fang
  8. Apple
  9. Muffy
  10. Penelope

First off, welcome @misstayleigh! 🎉

My Saves: Sprinkle, Apple, Muffy, Peanut, Fang

Cuts:

1603024590631.png

Static: This one was actually difficult to cut! I actually do like Static's design and colors but in the end it was up to him or Muffy and I had to go with Muffy. I think his little yellow/green lightning stripe is really cute! Those little pink ears too. I'm not a fan of his house at all, which was a big reason I've never brought him to my island. I think he's a fine villager, just not for me! I would have tried to save him if I had one more pick!

1603024713742.png

Frobert: I must admit, none of the frogs are my favorite so cutting Frobert was an easy decision. There's something about his eyes that don't do it for me, but that's not the reason he was cut. His teeth are odd and unnerving. His mouth is strange too. That being said, I think his color is actually really pleasant. Some of the designs on his cheeks/face detract from his cuteness, though. He's a jock but looks like a sweet villager. It just wasn't in the cards for him this round!

1603024839707.png

Cole: Honestly Cole wasn't very hard for me to cut. Kind of like Frobert, his teeth are really bad. Every time I see him all I can see is the teeth. The rest of his design is pretty cute but I just can't get past the teeth. It's a shame too because his house interior is super cute! Poor Cole needs to go to the dentist, then I'd have saved him! Or maybe have considered it at least, there's still his eyes that are unnerving! Somehow, he always looks like he's surprised and I'm not really sure the pale blue "whites" of his eyes" and the round eyebrows do him many favors.

1603024953907.png

Mitzi: This was another really hard one, I almost bounced Peanut for Mitzi. Her design overall is cute but her eyes are kind of square-ish on the bottom which detracts from her cuteness. I'm also not sure her coloring is quite cohesive. The pale yellow and the blue don't really work for me. I'm sure she'd be a top favorite for a lot of people if they tweaked some of her design! I love most if not all of the cats so this one really hit me hard. So sorry Mitzi!!!

1603025134844.png

Penelope: Poor Penelope, no mice were getting through this round on my watch. I do think she's probably the cutest of all the mice, though! There's something about her hair that really bothers me, but I do like how her ears look like a bow! I think the mice all suffer from some unfortunate design choices and I just didn't have any saves I'd sacrifice to push her through. Sorry, Penelope!

Noooooooo, Cole, my sweet little baby 😱 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭

You’re the absolute best of the lazies and I’ll miss you!

Sad to see Mitzi go too, and Frobert too, such cuties!

seeing the next list posted I have a bad feeling about my girl Freckles in particular. Though as I heartlessly cut @Florence + The Machine ‘s faves yesterday, I have to admit it seems only fair!😉

Noooooooo, Cole, my sweet little baby 😱 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭

You’re the absolute best of the lazies and I’ll miss you!

Sad to see Mitzi go too, and Frobert too, such cuties!

seeing the next list posted I have a bad feeling about my girl Freckles in particular. Though as I heartlessly cut @Florence + The Machine ‘s faves yesterday, I have to admit it seems only fair!😉
I had a feeling you’d be upset about Cole. I’m also sad to see Mitzi go... 😢 We’ll see who @Florence + The Machine decides to save and cut.

Thank you @Pintuition ! ☺ Here is @Florence + The Machine ’s list...
  1. Canberra
  2. Chevre
  3. Baabara
  4. Blaire
  5. Freckles
  6. Bangle
  7. Bones
  8. Whitney
  9. Bruce
  10. Chadder
Sorry about the delay! Sad to see Penelope go but at least Chadder can make it through. I choose to save: Chadder, Bruce, Bones, Bangle, and Canberra

That means I cut Chèvre, Baabara, Blaire, Freckles, and Whitney. I’ll add the write-ups shortly!

Back