• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

ACNH Villager Rankdown (#1 and #2 HAVE BEEN POSTED!)

Chèvre:
First of all, I'm obligated to say that I appreciate Chèvre for the French references in her catchphrase and name. However, as one of about a billion normals, I don't think she stands out at all. She's cute enough, but the anime eyes are really what kills the design for me. They're massive, and instead of finding them cute like intended, I think she just looks creepy. She's not the worst villager or anything, but there are so many better normals imo. I do think it's cute that her and Nan have each other's photos in their houses and are kind of "mirrors" of each other.
Chevre_NH.png

Baabara:
I actually had her in my NL town for a while and didn't mind her. She's pretty cute as a brown sheep with light blue wool. Apparently her JP name is Trois, and her JP catchphrase is un-deux, so I also appreciate these French references. The closed-eyes don't really bother me, and I think the soulless voids when she opens them are kinda funny. She also has a very nice house, and I appreciate any usage of the Stormy Night wall. Sadly there were other villagers in this group that I like more so Baabara had to go.
Baabara_NH.png

Blaire:
Unfortunately for her, Blaire is another villager that doesn't stand out imo. As a snooty squirrel, Blaire doesn't really look the part with her cutesy design, and I think she would fit better as a normal. Also, Tasha pulls off the skunk design way better than Blaire could ever dream to, and Mint is the superior snooty squirrel in general. I get that she's OG and has been in AC for a long time, but I'm not really a fan. However, I do have to mention that her catchphrase "nutlet" is kinda hilarious, and her house interior is incredible.
201px-Blaire_NH.png

Freckles:
I do feel bad cutting Freckles because she's very cute imo (which is maybe an unpopular opinion? I don't see her getting much attention from the general fanbase). I never really cared about her beforehand, but one of my friends got Freckles as his peppy starter and I gained a new appreciation for her. What I like most about her is how clueless she looks, like she is in her own world and so you just kinda wanna protect her, if that makes sense? Her house is kinda weird and I'm not really sure what to make of it, but I guess it makes sense with the whole fish theme she seems to have (since her e-reader card mentions her falling in love with a fish). I haven't really decided on which peppy villager I want permanently in my town, so maybe I'll add Freckles to the shortlist because I do like her quite a bit. Sadly she had to be cut to save other villagers rip.

Freckles_NH.png

Whitney:
Honestly I don't like Whitney and I never have. In my opinion, she's one of the most overrated villagers in the entirety of AC. I assume most of her popularity comes from the AC movie she starred in, but that's not really enough for me. I think her design is very basic and boring as a white wolf with makeup, which imo Fang pulls off way better, plus he's the best personality type too (cranky). The wolves in general are probably my least favorite species, which is mostly because of their weird spiky heads and the long snouts. If you want a snooty wolf, Vivian and especially Freya are superior imo, but I still think there are better snooty options (like Opal rip). Whitney's house is okay, too, but it's nothing to write home about. I was gunning to eliminate her eventually, so I'm kinda glad that I got the chance to give her the axe.
120px-Whitney_NH.png

So happy to see Bangle survive! Freckles, though I love her, I do get. Making a duck themed after tuna fish is...quite a choice. In Japanese her name is literally Maguro, meaning tuna, so I guess they really went hard with the fish theme. (Freckles is so much better ). Did not know about the in love with a fish thing. That’s hilarious.

loved the write ups!

Awesome, the list is pretty even in terms of who I want to cut/save. But shouldn't the list have ten villagers? If not, how many do I cut/save?

do the right thing and cut j*dy and d*m........ only you have the power!!!!
I like Judy too much to cut her here, but as for Dom... :)

Saving Francine, Judy, Merry, Mint, and Pinky; cutting Charlise, Dom, Ken, Pekoe, and Genji.

Charlise:
I love the bright green and yellow on her. I tend to like brightly coloured villagers, so her colour scheme is a plus for me. Where she falls short is her face - her half-lidded eyes and her mouth that's too small and is pushed too far up in her muzzle (it's not centered vertically!) brings her way down for me. Also, while I don't generally mind villagers with hair on top of their heads, Charlise's lumpy brown hair just doesn't work with her design. I think she'd be cute with fully opened eyes and a better sized/placed mouth, or even as a cub. But as is, her colour scheme gives her great potential but the facial details don't do it justice.

CharlisePicACNH.png

Dom:
I think Dom is really cute... most of the time. The problem I have with him is that if he's not cute, he's downright hideous. Some of his expressions make him look super cuddly and adorable with his eyes and mouth, but there are certain ones he has that make him look the total opposite, and that makes him the only one of the newly added villagers that I don't like. I don't know why they did that to him, because if it wasn't for those expressions, I'd probably like him a lot more. Most of the villagers with some strange expressions I can usually get past if they're otherwise cute, but in Dom's case, I just can't get past how terrible he looks. On top of that, he just doesn't look like a jock, and his name doesn't suit his appearance at all. At least he has a cool shirt. His red horns look really nice as well. I wish I could like him, but I can't.

DomPicACNH.png

(Also, here's some other pictures (not mine) if you want to see what I mean, although I'm guessing most people know what I'm talking about)
Adorable Dom:
dom.0.png

The Dom that would murder you in your sleep:
rqp76mzd5tp41.jpg

Ken:
First of all, I don't remember seeing Ken's picture before, but it looks really cool with the night sky background! He has some cool details, but unfortunately he just doesn't really stand out to me much. I'm not generally a fan of most smug villagers, but although there are worse than Ken out there, I wouldn't really care to get him, and he looks a lot like a cranky villager. I'm not really sure what it is about him, because I don't think he looks boring, but he just doesn't excite me. I like his blue colouring and his pink cheeks though, and the teal on him looks cool. Not a fan of his slanted eyes, though. Sorry, Ken. C'est la vie!

KenPicACNH.png

Pekoe:
I feel bad for cutting Pekoe, because I used to really like her. I love her bright green eyes and how they made her ears into little buns. But for some reason, she looks cuter in the renders of her than she does in the actual game. Her amiibo card (and NH picture) is adorable, but she just doesn't radiate cuteness in the game like she does there. I had her in New Leaf once, and I remember she got on my nerves a bit, too. I don't really remember why, so it feels kind of silly (maybe it was just me being fed up with the awful normal dialogue after five years?), but I do remember I was glad when she left. Maybe if there were different villagers here I would have saved her.

PekoePicACNH.png

Genji:
This was the one I was on the fence on - In the first version of the list, I knew immediately four I wanted to cut and four I wanted to save, and Genji was right in the middle, so it all depended on whoever the tenth was. Unfortunately for Genji, the tenth was Pinky, who I love, so I have to cut him. I like his big pink cheeks and he's so cute when he's happy! The only negative thing I have to say about his appearance is that I don't like the dots above his eyes, but that's a minor thing. I could see myself liking him a lot if I ever got him and I hope to have him someday, but he's eluded me in every game so I don't have anything to go off of for him except his appearance (probably the main reason I favoured Pinky, as I've had her before and love her). I'm sorry to see him go because I do like him - he was so close, and if I could pick another to save it'd be him.

GenjiPicACNH.png

oh boy!! this was a good list—some clear favorites to save and some not so adored to cut.

Save: Punchy, Rudy, Vivian, Wade, Savannah
Cut: Prince, Rod, Stinky, Timbra, Stitches

my eulogies for the fallen:

Prince
1603050711055.png

I will do my best to find something positive to say about each cut villager, but good gravy, Prince does not make it easy. his eyes are cute? I will give him that, yes, but beyond that....... his green's a bit too neon, and I'm not a huge fan of his nostril holes. where Prince really loses me though is his 5 o'clock shadow, that strange and out of sorts beard that's the color of mildew. I always want to like the frog villagers more than I actually do, but Prince doesn't give me a lot to work with. rip 2 this prince but he will never be crowned king of the rank down

Rod
1603050897806.png

ok so mayhaps this cut was harder than I expected. I am staunchly anti-mouse in AC, but Rod's actually... kind of cute? but not cute enough for me to save!!! I do like his ears & eyes, but he loses me with that tiny little swoop of hair. the yellow/blond of his hair clashes with his already eye-sore purple colouring. maybe if he were more of a lavender?? it'd be OK??? but I can't even confidently imagine that. perhaps my least favorite thing about the mice are their rat-like tails...... unless your name is Remy, of Ratatouille fame, please do Not disturb

Stinky
1603051050084.png

Stinky is simultaneously a difficult and easy cut. difficult because the cat villagers are my top 3 favorite species, if not my number 1 favorite, and also I call my own cat/my boyfriend's cat variations of "Stinky" as nicknames (lovingly, of course—I promise our cats don't actually smell haha). but where Stinky loses me is... well, just about everything else. I do Not love his wrestling mask, nor his face design, nor his god awful colouring. I mean, what is that? Beige? Moldy sandpaper? If he were a nice warm brown, or a more intentional green, sure, fine, maybe we could work with it. but as it stands now Stinky does very little for me other than conjure up images of similarly stinky things. his house is also a Whole Moment but now one I'm here for,,,

Timbra
1603051224983.png

GO GIRL, GIVE US NOTHING!!! I...... I am sorry 2 this sheep but i do not know who she is. and perhaps I could've gone my whole life not knowing who she is, and it would've been for the better—I am also not a huge sheep fan, but her strange reddish-brown colouring isn't doing much to convert me to a believer. I like that her horns are striped, but the green totally clashes with her teal eyeshadow. she reminds me of an early 2010s beauty guru who would only promote sponsored CoverGirl products. she does have cute rosy cheeks + a good mouth shape but that cannot make up for the ill-matched color scheme, I'm sorry </3

Stitches
1603051404357.png

I vividly remember playing New Leaf and being almost in tears when my childhood best friend had Stitches and I didn't. I LOVED him—but really because my friend loved him, and I trusted her opinion more than mine, because what could I have really known and believed to be true and good at 10 or 11? Now I look at Stitches and I just feel confused. I do appreciate his patchwork design, but the colors are QUITE bright, and the stitched eyes start edging into spooky-Lucky territory. I know my younger self would absolutely dropkick me for cutting Stitches—and I didn't expect to, either. it was a toss up, though, when it came down to the last save and cut. something about Savannah, though—who I was never a huge fan of before—really appealed to me just now, however. apologies to all Stitches fan, bby misstayleigh included.

Well, wasn’t that an excited round!!! 🤣 Our Top 77 has been brought all the way down to a Top 42! 😱 This rankdown is really heating up! 🥵

Agnes
Apple
Bam
Bangle
Beau
Bianca
Bones
Bruce
Canberra
Chadder
Colton
Curlos
Cyd
Eloise
Fang
Filbert
Francine
Frita
Judy
Kiki
Merengue
Merry
Mint
Muffy
Olaf
Peanut
Pietro
Pinky
Punchy
Reneigh
Roald
Roscoe
Rudy
Savannah
Sherb
Sprinkle
Sylvana
Tabby
Vivian
Wade
Walker
Yuka

A hint for Round 7 will be posted later in the week! 😁
Post automatically merged:

Freckles in my campsite
Wrong thread? 😅

Omg, rough couple hours. Genji and stinky, my two favorite jocks! Charlise (even though I feel like the write-up was very accurate), Timbra, who I think just looks so warm and cuddly I am considering whether I actually prefer her to willow (though omg, i never noticed about her eyeshadow and that is 100% accurate).

Have to say, though I love stinky and his epic eyebrow game, what @misstayleigh says about him is pretty spot on. to me he fits the jock personality perfectly, as they are all kind of gross weirdos (in an endearing way somehow), but I admit it is a super reasonable justification for cutting 😅

min the flip side, so happy judy, merry, punchy, and wade were saved! And glad for pinky as well, her design has been growing on me lately and she has one of my favorite houses.

Loved both sets of write-ups. I appreciate everyone putting so much time in to writing them.

I just wanted to announce that Curlos’ fast pass has been given to Kiki. Kiki will serve as @misstayleigh ’s fast pass recipient, and Curlos is at risk of elimination next round. 😄
Post automatically merged:

Loved both sets of write-ups. I appreciate everyone putting so much time in to writing them.
Same. You guys have been doing great with those! 😁

Omg, rough couple hours. Genji and stinky, my two favorite jocks! Charlise (even though I feel like the write-up was very accurate), Timbra, who I think just looks so warm and cuddly I am considering whether I actually prefer her to willow (though omg, i never noticed about her eyeshadow and that is 100% accurate).

Have to say, though I love stinky and his epic eyebrow game, what @misstayleigh says about him is pretty spot on. to me he fits the jock personality perfectly, as they are all kind of gross weirdos (in an endearing way somehow), but I admit it is a super reasonable justification for cutting 😅

min the flip side, so happy judy, merry, punchy, and wade were saved! And glad for pinky as well, her design has been growing on me lately and she has one of my favorite houses.

my sweet friend, I am sorry to have cut one of your favourites!! Stinky truly was the hardest one to cut, even though I don't care for him—I'm biased toward all the cats, and he does make a great jock (although I had to save my own favorite jock, Rudy!)

Back