• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

ACNH Villager Rankdown (#1 and #2 HAVE BEEN POSTED!)

On one hand, it's nice to see Punchy, Eunice, Fang, and Chevre being saved!
On the other other hand, it's sad to see Julian, Apollo, Cherry, and Bella go, but it is what it is I guess. Bella is adorable though. I stand by this.

Now who will make it from the remaining four... And who will be voted off the island?

Save: Bianca
Cut: Lily

Sorry to the Lily fans, but she's one of the most boring normal villagers imo. Even though I tend to like the cute villagers, something about Lily's design rubs me the wrong way. I think it's that she's intentionally designed to be super cutesy? She's just so bland and uninteresting that it surprises me how popular she is. I'm not a fan of her weirdly large eyes (which is a problem I have with a bunch of villagers), and the blush on her face is way too big imo. The only think I like about her is the cute turquoise color of her skin, and I guess I do have to admit that she has a nice house interior too. However those things aren't enough to save her, so she gets the axe.

Lily_NH.png

Save Julia, cut Snake.

Snake Writeup: Nothing against Snake, but he's definitely not my favorite villager out there. I'm not in love with the jocks, and he fits everything on my "no" list. Personally I'm also not a fan of his styling and design. This includes (and is a key reason I cut him) the headgear he wears. I don't know if it's a hood or what, but it just makes him look odd. His eyes are also kind of unnerving, there's too much white and it's all the way around. Besides, Snake wants to be a ninja but he's bright pink. How does that even work? “A good ninja is neither seen, nor heard.” is his phrase. Good luck, Snake!

1601157452616.png

With the conclusion of @Asarena ’s nominations, it is now @Emmsey ’s turn to nominate. Remember, you can nominate any villager in the Top 140, as long as they aren’t fast pass recipients or villagers that were saved in the last set of nominations.

1. Ankha
2. Apple
3. Biff
4. Billy
5. Blaire
6. Eloise
7. Flip
8. Frita
9. Sheldon
10. Tipper
11. Walker
12. Margie

Am hoping that’s not a double up difficult to navigate back and forth when on my mobile!

Last edited:
I wasn’t sure if I made the right cut/save decision in my original post so a second chance should have been great, but this is still really hard. I ended up going with the same ones and hoping I made the right decision:

Save Apple, cut Ankha.

Honestly, I like Ankha. Maybe a 6 or 7 out of 10. But she's also a threat, and since so many of my favourites were nominated this time, I didn't have much to choose from. (Come to think of it, someone else probably would have taken her out so maybe it wasn't the smartest idea for me to cut her, but too late now.) Anyway, even though I like her, she's not really near my favourites. Her Egyptian theme is cool, but I guess her design just doesn't appeal to me as much as the other snooties and cats. I also don't really like her perpetual frown, and on top of that, the shape of her eyelashes is off-putting, particularly the inner ones. I guess my taste in villagers also tends towards simpler ones who don't wear snakes or claim that they're thousands of years old. So in summary, interesting and unique villager, but very few options for me to choose from and I didn't really want to keep her around for much longer.

AnkhaPicACNH.png

Save Eloise, cut Tipper!

Tipper Cut Explanation: Honestly, Tipper and I have mad beef. She's on a friends island and she constantly bothers us during meteor showers and causes us to miss stars. She's a snooty so she can often be rude, and "pushy" which I'm startled to find out is her default catchphrase. But moreover, her design isn't really great either. She has too many colors going on and isn't very cohesive. Her house really doesn't match her at all either. The only thing redeeming about her is her name pun. 2/10, would not invite to my island after experiencing her elsewhere.

1601212671518.png

So Sheldon,
He’s not a villager I particularly dislike, but his design is frustrating, in that he has so much going for him but in then end he doesn’t work (for me at least)

His coloring is nice, and generally I love some cute freckles on a villager. But his eyes and expression are just...they don’t fit. They look to small for his face for starters and the flat black line drawing style of it seems off with his coloring. His eyes are flat looking and his mouth is set in that grimace (even his happy face looks smirky), and it makes it look like he’s planning to beat you up behind the cafeteria. I’m not against a grumpy boy, I love Biff and Genji for example. But to me he looks mean, not grumpy. Such a shame too. His house is gloriously autumny.

B4E71E0A-9B6A-4FB2-98AB-10F21A3B240E.jpeg

Back