• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

ACNH Villager Rankdown (#1 and #2 HAVE BEEN POSTED!)

17. Bruce
r0xpqeqaetu41.jpg
Average Score:
Rankings:
@Florence + The Machine - 14th
@Asarena - 9th
@misstayleigh - 6th
@Verecund - 8th
@WaileaNoRei - 20th
@Emmsey - 19th
@Pintuition - 15th
Public - 17th

Bruce is one of my favorite Cranky villagers of all-time. I love all the deer, so liking Bruce came as no surprise to me. I wanted to have Bruce in my town ever since New Leaf, but he just never presented the opportunity. However, in New Horizons, Bruce gets the special award of being my first good campsite villager. I was so happy when I saw him in my campsite. I think what I really love about Bruce is his color scheme and his eyes. He has such a serious look that gives off such cool vibes. Not to mention, he’s the perfect partner for Diana, my favorite villager (though I think Judy tried to get with him in my town!) Overall, I am disappointed by Bruce’s low placement, but I’m grateful that the public allowed him to place over Judy.

Ranker/Public Write-Ups
@Asarena - Bruce is probably my favorite deer. Have I mentioned that I like blue? Not really a big fan of his house interior, but the exterior is nice.

Sad to see Judy go, but I know her design is divisive so I’m not totally surprised. Just want to say that I appreciate both @WaileaNoRei for coincidentally also ranking her 4th and @Pintuition for ranking her 2nd. <3

I feel mostly neutral about Bruce tbh. He’s not a bad villager, but he doesn’t really stand out either imo. His design is pretty inoffensive, so I’m mostly apathetic towards him, which is why I ranked him near the middle of the pack. His house is pretty bad tho.

I feel mostly neutral about Bruce tbh. He’s not a bad villager, but he doesn’t really stand out either imo. His design is pretty inoffensive, so I’m mostly apathetic towards him, which is why I ranked him near the middle of the pack. His house is pretty bad tho.
That makes sense, his design doesn’t really pop out. His house is... interesting... 😅

Aww, I really like Bruce; he's one of my favourite crankies. He's been on my island from almost the beginning as well (and I had Bruce and Judy together for about 6.5 months).

I haven't had one of my lower-ranked villagers get cut in a while, so hopefully one of them comes up soon.

So sad seeing one of the deer rank relatively low! He is one of my least favorite deer, though...
I agree, all the deer should be ranked high! 😄

Aww, I really like Bruce; he's one of my favourite crankies. He's been on my island from almost the beginning as well (and I had Bruce and Judy together for about 6.5 months).

I haven't had one of my lower-ranked villagers get cut in a while, so hopefully one of them comes up soon.
He’s one of my favorite Crankies too! ☺️ I also had the Bruce and Judy combo for a time. 😅

I’m very neutral on Bruce. He doesn’t stand out to me and in general cranky is my least favorite personality. But nothing against him, and I do like the education hobby and attendant round wire-rimmed glasses look. I ranked him surprisingly low, probably mostly out of not having much of an opinion on him, rather than dislike.

Bruce was expected for me, despite being very cute (a la that elimination picture<3) he is generally forgotten among the other deer (which is fair considering how beloved many of them are).
HOWEVER, I am thankful that Judy isn't winning this, let alone placing in the top 10! Don't get me wrong, she has grown on me somewhat and I like the "Dahlia Hawthorne" vibes I get from her crazy expressions! However, it isn't enough to warrant a win in my opinion, and I personally think a quality but less visibly "popular" villager deserves the crown for this one. Judy going helps that out immensely so I can't say that I'm mourning her loss.

Aww, it’s sad to see Bruce go, he’s such a cool guy!! But I’m glad that he placed above Judy, a new popular villager, at the very least.

I strongly dislike Canberra and am happy she didn't beat out Colton.

Colton is on my island and was in my Top 4. Sad to see one of my guys go, but I didn't expect him to win or even make it this far. He was a dark horse in the race not having the new or super cute aspects most of the popular picks have.

Yuka ain't bad but nothing amazing.

I thought about Pinky as my Peppy pick on my island quite a bit, but I honestly think some of the other pink Peppys look better than her. Most of the bears are pretty bland, she stands out a little but not enough.

Judy is one where I really like her appearance, but I don't like her home. Not too big on the super childish looking rooms.

Bruce is cool looking, but his home is a solid failure for me just as it was for Chief. Some of the male villagers really got the short end of the stick with the alley way, parking lot, and run down home interiors.

Bruce was expected for me, despite being very cute (a la that elimination picture<3) he is generally forgotten among the other deer (which is fair considering how beloved many of them are).
HOWEVER, I am thankful that Judy isn't winning this, let alone placing in the top 10! Don't get me wrong, she has grown on me somewhat and I like the "Dahlia Hawthorne" vibes I get from her crazy expressions! However, it isn't enough to warrant a win in my opinion, and I personally think a quality but less visibly "popular" villager deserves the crown for this one. Judy going helps that out immensely so I can't say that I'm mourning her loss.
I’m glad Judy has grown on you at least! 😅

Aww, it’s sad to see Bruce go, he’s such a cool guy!! But I’m glad that he placed above Judy, a new popular villager, at the very least.
He is such a cool guy. I can tell he wants to see Sherb and Erik (my Lazy bois on the island) burn though. 😅

I strongly dislike Canberra and am happy she didn't beat out Colton.

Colton is on my island and was in my Top 4. Sad to see one of my guys go, but I didn't expect him to win or even make it this far. He was a dark horse in the race not having the new or super cute aspects most of the popular picks have.

Yuka ain't bad but nothing amazing.

I thought about Pinky as my Peppy pick on my island quite a bit, but I honestly think some of the other pink Peppys look better than her. Most of the bears are pretty bland, she stands out a little but not enough.

Judy is one where I really like her appearance, but I don't like her home. Not too big on the super childish looking rooms.

Bruce is cool looking, but his home is a solid failure for me just as it was for Chief. Some of the male villagers really got the short end of the stick with the alley way, parking lot, and run down home interiors.
I definitely agree about Canberra. I’m just not a fan... 🙁

I also really like Colton and think he should have placed higher. 😊

Unfortunately, Judy’s eyes ruin her appearance for me. 😅

Oh yeah, Bruce’s home sure is something else... 😔

#16 will be posted later today. Any predictions?
Post automatically merged:

Hmm...I never got that from my Bruce. I guess he just ignores Erik and Beau on my island lol
I can tell that he came to the island to rest his old bones and doesn’t like dealing with pesky little kids (Sherb and Erik.) Maybe it’s just me lol. 🤣

16. Sprinkle
1606680894623.png

Average Score:
Rankings:
@Florence + The Machine - 17th
@Asarena - 16th
@misstayleigh - 20th
@Verecund - 20th
@WaileaNoRei - 15th
@Emmsey - 11th
@Pintuition - 4th
Public - 3rd

I always thought Sprinkle was cute, in fact I would say that she is the cutest and my favorite out of all the penguins. However, when compared to some of the other Peppy villagers, Sprinkle just pales in comparison. Sprinkle appears to be yet another polarizing villager on here. There are some (including the majority of the public) who ranked her very high, but most of the rankers either had her in the middle of the pack or lower. I think the fact that Sprinkle fades into the background when amongst other villagers has something to do with this. Overall, I think #16 isn’t a bad spot for Sprinkle, though I probably would have placed her a little higher.

Ranker/Public Write-Ups
@Asarena - I know you're probably tired of me complaining about eyes, but all I'm going to say is that Sprinkle could probably be higher on my ranking if I liked her eyes more because she's super cute otherwise. Maybe the white spots are supposed to be light glinting off her eyes, but the positioning makes it look like her sclera and pupils have swapped colors.

@Pintuition - I’ve never had Sprinkle, but I think she’s so cute. My friend has her and I always make sure I visit her when I’m there. Her house interior is goals- somehow both frozen and the shell set. It really matches her! I love the little swirl hair she has and the mint coloring they chose for her is perfect. She’d be welcome on my islands any day!
1604164871242.png

Was NOT expecting Sprinkle to rank this low, disappointing considering that she is one of the cutest penguins in the game and someone who I've considered making a part of my town many times.
Also BEAU still being around but Sprinkle is cut? Shameless xD

Was NOT expecting Sprinkle to rank this low, disappointing considering that she is one of the cutest penguins in the game and someone who I've considered making a part of my town many times.
Also BEAU still being around but Sprinkle is cut? Shameless xD
I didn’t expect her to rank this low either. I’m not here for that Beau shade though lol. 🤣
Post automatically merged:

This ranking and the ranking I gave her are the same, so I don't have much to say. She really is cute for the most part though
Oh yeah, I didn’t even realize that! 😅 Yeah, she’s pretty cute. 🙂

At this point 3 of my top 4 and 3 of my bottom 4 have already had their ranks revealed. I'm curious to see when the last 1 in my top 4 and the last 1 in my bottom 4 will appear

I feel bad for ranking Sprinkle so low because she's pretty cute; I absolutely adore the aqua swirl on her head, which is why she quickly became one of my favourites when I first saw her, but then I realized that there's not much else that really stands out about her, especially compared to the other peppies, which is why my enthusiasm for her faded over time and I ranked her as low as I did. I think it's her eyes - Peanut can pull off those eyes well, but for some reason it doesn't work as well for Sprinkle. Her face just isn't cutesy enough to match her swirl, I guess. I'm surprised she got third among the public!

I'm still a little sad to see Sprinkle go because I still like her, but not too sad considering there are 19 villagers I ranked above her.

Back