• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

ACNH and social media

I don't use traditional social media and never been a fan of it, so....

and I also don't compare my island to others' islands. I know that my island is unique, even if it isn't that great or the best. It's something I created over time with effort and that I'm proud of. Anyone who tries to tell me I should redo it can kindly buzz off.

Whether or not social media played a big role, ACNH feels like it falls short compared to the older games in the series since some stuff wasn't brought back along with people's high expectations from the game. It's sad, really. I never really bat an eyelid about social media.

Social media has certainly impacted the game somewhat, but mostly just for players who really care about how their island looks which is fine. There’s just overall more people who play AC as well now too, which in turn means more criticism especially on social media and online.

I have my complaints too about new horizons just like any game I’ve ever played. It’s still a great game, and is great at what it sets out to be in my opinion especially after the 2.0 update.

There are many things I wish were better such as villager interaction, more stores on the island, and more minigames just to name a few, but overall what New Horizons does get right it does great for the most part.

Back