• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

About cycling and about the void

aliendeallstar

Bells
I have two towns, Valenti and Eterna, and two 3DS. Eterna is my main town and Valenti is my second town and I'm using Valenti to cycle villagers and give them away for free.

I thought all my villagers from Valenti were original, because I thought you could only get villagers from the void when you visited someone else's town, but today I learned that's not the case: I gave Marina to a guy, so this guy visited my town and his Alice moved to Valenti on the next day.

Now my main town, Eterna, has 10 villagers.

My question is: can I use my main town (Eterna, with 10 villagers) to visit my second/cycling town (Valenti) and clear the void right after someone comes and picks up a villager?

I'm asking this because I don't want to give unoriginal villagers to people, so I'm trying to figure out a way to clear Valenti's void.

Not really sure what you're asking here.

Your own voided villagers should be gone after someone comes to your town. And I'm pretty sure that person won't get one if they pick up a villager via talking to them, so clearing your void before the visit probably isn't necessary (at least I hope "active" move-ins overwrite random and voided villagers), though it's possible to use your main town.

If you want to clear out voided villagers you got from other towns to keep them from moving in, I have no idea if that works.

Not really sure what you're asking here.

Your own voided villagers should be gone after someone comes to your town. And I'm pretty sure that person won't get one if they pick up a villager via talking to them, so clearing your void before the visit probably isn't necessary (at least I hope "active" move-ins overwrite random and voided villagers), though it's possible to use your main town.

If you want to clear out voided villagers you got from other towns to keep them from moving in, I have no idea if that works.

What I'm saying is: I don't want to get voided villagers from people that visit my cycling town, but I ended up with one. Is there any way I can about this?
Maybe visiting my cycling town with someone who has 10 villagers (like my main town) right after someone comes to my town to get my villager?

What I'm saying is: I don't want to get voided villagers from people that visit my cycling town, but I ended up with one. Is there any way I can about this?
In that case, the other person needs to clear their void before they come to your town, it has nothing to do with your towns (Or your cycling town has 10 villagers so there's no room for voided ones.) Clearing your cycling town's void only prevents your own voided villagers from moving to the other person's town. So they need to go to a 10 villager town before visiting your cycling town.

You can't get voided villagers by visiting another town as far as I know. People who visit your town can give you a voided villager though. And there really is no way around it. You ca't really clear your void. Quite a few users on here have proved it. :(

In that case, the other person needs to clear their void before they come to your town, it has nothing to do with your towns (Or your cycling town has 10 villagers so there's no room for voided ones.) Clearing your cycling town's void only prevents your own voided villagers from moving to the other person's town. So they need to go to a 10 villager town before visiting your cycling town.

You can't get voided villagers by visiting another town as far as I know. People who visit your town can give you a voided villager though. And there really is no way around it. You ca't really clear your void. Quite a few users on here have proved it. :(

Thank you all!

I am confused ... I have read many posts about villager void but still just don't understand what it is or how it works.
Is there a thread someone could reference to explain it?
Or explain it here if that is ok.

I am confused ... I have read many posts about villager void but still just don't understand what it is or how it works.
Is there a thread someone could reference to explain it?
Or explain it here if that is ok.

The game stores up to 3 villagers that moved out of your town. Those can move into other towns if you visit or streetpass people.

The game stores up to 3 villagers that moved out of your town. Those can move into other towns if you visit or streetpass people.

So the area that the 3 villagers are stored is called a "VOID" and you can clear it by visiting a town that has 10 villagers ... is that correct?

I think it's a problem in the town who's owned by the person who visits you, rather than the other way round.

Back