• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

A trick to increase your chances of getting a good/rare Nook Miles island!

Bulbamander

I'm here for the hype.
Bells
Switch
5614-1467-6406
Green Candy
Red Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Hey everyone,

I've been seeing this trick making it's rounds on social media and I just thought I'd share it here, even if it doesn't work it's a simple trick and worth a try.....

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 15.48.14.png

If you try it and find you have success, please will you post here and let others know. I'm also keen to gather the data directly and see if it's a real deal thing.

It would seem like it doesn't guarantee more luck on your first go, but people are reporting better results after making several visits in row/in a day. So if you regularly frequent Nook Miles Islands, please post a comment if you find it works.

Thanks!​

I saw a thing where apparently if you wear the DAL shirt on your trips it increases the likelihood as well aha

I heard somewhere wearing dal merch increases luck. I don't know what to believe anymore lol
I actually wore my DAL t shirt quite a lot after I got it and one day got to money island twice and 2 islands in a row with non native fruits and hybrids too. So that actually might be thing too, maybe?
Post automatically merged:

I learned about this trick last night and I did it on the last three Nook tickets I had. Got my first ever visit to tarantula island from it. Hell of a placebo if it doesn't end up being an actual thing.

Wow! Thanks for commenting, that's just fantastic. It might actually be a thing ! Get wearing that DAL shirt and clapping that Dodo guys haha !

Ok, here goes nothing. Made him blush, while holding a watering can and got a different island but not a special one. I got a big river island I've never gotten one like that yet, but no hybrids or big fish. Will try again later.

I think making several visits in row/in a day increases your chance of finding a rare island in general - that doesn´t have anything to do with applauding.

And it would be a weird thing to program, because you need to create a second pattern that only works in very certain cases.

Yesterday I travelled to three island - a tarantula one, one with money stones and one with hybrids... I am pretty sure if I try hard enough I'll could connect all that to something I did, like planting two appletrees diagonally, watering 13 flowers in a row or having my shovel break seconds bevore the departure. So I bet that this is just a hoax and that people are seeing things because the want to.

Ok, here goes nothing. Made him blush, while holding a watering can and got a different island but not a special one. I got a big river island I've never gotten one like that yet, but no hybrids or big fish. Will try again later.

Sounds like it got you a uncommon island, I would try fishing if it's a river island and see what you find ! Welcome to the forums by the way !

I think making several visits in row/in a day increases your chance of finding a rare island in general - that doesn´t have anything to do with applauding.

And it would be a weird thing to program, because you need to create a second pattern that only works in very certain cases.

Yesterday I travelled to three island - a tarantula one, one with money stones and one with hybrids... I am pretty sure if I try hard enough I'll could connect all that to something I did, like planting two appletrees diagonally, watering 13 flowers in a row or having my shovel break seconds bevore the departure. So I bet that this is just a hoax and that people are seeing things because the want to.

Haha yep, there's 2 camps with this. The ones that swear it works and the ones that think it's just coincidence. But I guess it's such a simple thing to do, it doesn't really hurt to try it. To this day I still press and hold "A" when I'm catching a Pokémon when the pokemon first goes into the Pokéball, just a habit I've had since the days of playing Pokémon Red ! It most likely does nothing, but psychologically it makes me feel like I'm doing something to increase my chances! Haha.

It didnt' seem anything different I left wanting to try again.

i dont think this works. it was literally datamined that if you wear DAL merch it does increase your luck, but i didn't see this datamine for myself or any facts proving that. i said yesterday that i went to a regular island that had non-native fruit and native flowers with Rowan, then after that trip i dressed up in my DAL merch and the very next island was bamboo with Audie.

I wanted to try it either way, I'm about to do another. This one I'll do more investigating.

Haha yep, there's 2 camps with this. The ones that swear it works and the ones that think it's just coincidence. But I guess it's such a simple thing to do, it doesn't really hurt to try it. To this day I still press and hold "A" when I'm catching a Pokémon when the pokemon first goes into the Pokéball, just a habit I've had since the days of playing Pokémon Red ! It most likely does nothing, but psychologically it makes me feel like I'm doing something to increase my chances! Haha.

No, trying won't hurt, that's right. I just don't think they would go through all the trouble of programming something so random.

If there is a second pattern, then it is probably linked to somethingwe knew from previous games, like feng-shui.

Yesterday, I didn't do anything special and I got money island at least 5 times. Didn't have any luck with the villagers, but I got a ton of bells.

Back