A little advice about beehives.

Camomile

Sweet!♥
Bells
Right as a beehive lands on the ground, select "Save and continue" to avoid bee stings and you'll load right back in front of the tree with the hive safely on the ground and no angry bees.
Also saves player's faces form getting mutilated by bees.

Was surprised this wasn't as common knowledge as I thought, figured I'd share.

...Huh. I'll have to give this a try. Those darn beehives are the bane of my existence when I'm bagworm hunting!

You can get a bagworm by hitting a tree with a net. No shaking required. Even works on fruit trees. You won't believe me when you're out hitting a hundred trees, but then when you snag the bagworm, you'll feel the elation.

That is... really smart. o: Next time I unexpectedly shake down some bees, I'll have to remember to try this!

Wish I had known. My second town is in April. On Bunny Day you have to shake trees. Bee stings were not called off for the one day. Ouch. I had a bag of medicine handy so I wouldn't have to quit and save.

I'm too greedy. I take my chances and they now usually pay off. I run really fast, pause and get my net from my inventory (all action stop, including the bees) and swipe before they get to me. Most of the time I catch the bee and sell it for 2,000 bells or a villager will want to buy it off me or trade me for it. :) Yeah...I get stung, but by now I'm pretty good at catching the little buggers.

Another thing is, get your net ready. When it falls, run up north and then go to inventory. Going into inventory "pauses" the bees and grab your net. Since you grabbed your net, your character is turned around and facing the bees. And soon as the inventory drops, hold A and when you see the bees, let go and you'll catch them.

(All though, saving seems easier XD Lol)

I didn't know that. I actually don't mind getting my face all messed up. I think it's fun to talk to villagers and see what they say. Plus sometimes they give me medicine.

Back