A discussion on...

It wasn't a debate. The thread was news. It started becoming a debate however. I purposely PMed Ben in order to follow these policies.

If you make a thread "The Pope just tripped and he is now in the hospital"... it's news, not a discussion about religion.

stormcommander said:
It wasn't a debate. The thread was news. It started becoming a debate however. I purposely PMed Ben in order to follow these policies.

If you make a thread "The Pope just tripped and he is now in the hospital"... it's news, not a discussion about religion.
Wait...It turned into a debate? Maybe about you locking it, but please show me where you think it 'turned into a debate'.

JJRamone2 said:
stormcommander said:

Wait...It turned into a debate? Maybe about you locking it, but please show me where you think it 'turned into a debate'.
We were talking about a different thread, not the one from today...

stormcommander said:
JJRamone2 said:
stormcommander said:

We were talking about a different thread, not the one from today...
I know what thread you are talking about. The one about Fabio's athiest decision. Now tell me where it turned into a debate.

Super_Naruto said:
How about you guys have a group hug? I myself will stay out of it since I am not gay. (No offense to gays).
That reminds me of something else...
5) Prohibited Topics
*Sexual oreintation

Why is that on the list?

ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Super_Naruto said:
How about you guys have a group hug? I myself will stay out of it since I am not gay. (No offense to gays).
That reminds me of something else...
5) Prohibited Topics
*Sexual oreintation

Why is that on the list?
It has its parts in both religious and political debates, but that's not the main thing. It's personal information and we don't want any prejudice feelings going around.

I'm sure anyone who is willing to talk about their sexual orientation will not care about any prejudice (whether or not you perceive it). I know for one I have no problem with people of any ethnicity, gender, religion, political views or orientation.

To be honest, I think the people that should be punished is the intolerant ones, not the member base as a whole through removing discussion of important topics. Small talk can really only go so far for people (or for me, nowhere).

Back