• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

6 Days of Scavenging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivia

<3
Staff
Administrator
Community Manager
Bells
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
Nightmare Easter Egg
Dreamy Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Spirit Candy: Wix
6daysofscavenging2.png

Hey everyone, and welcome to 6 Days of Scavenging! Some of you may be familiar with our Scavenger Hunt event from past fairs, as well as our annual 12 Days of Collectibles event that I normally host during the holiday season. What better way to beat the heat than to have Christmas in July in the form of a huge collectible giveaway, but with a fun and exciting scavenger hunt thrown into the mix as a means to earn your raffle tickets?! I mean, seriously. Who wants to swim and run through sprinklers when you can grab your magnifying glass and dig through storage to find your old Russian bassoon and fossilized saltine cracker? 🍘

Everything you need to know about this event is detailed below, so break out your safari gear and let's get hunting!

How To Play

Each day, I'll be posting a set of 3 items around 7pm EST. You'll then be faced with the arduous yet fun task of locating said objects and taking a photo of each one, and every photo that meets the criteria outlined in the spoiler will earn you one raffle coin, which can then be used to purchase up to 3 raffle tickets per day. Keeping the current world events in mind, all of these items should be relatively easy to locate in or around your home. Once you have the object in your sight, take a photo of it with a namecard clearly displayed somewhere in the photo and wait for your submission to be accepted, at which point your earned currency will show up instantly. You'll have roughly 24 hours to find and post your photos of each set of items, after which submissions will close as the next day's hunt goes live.

Submissions

Once you have your set of photos, head over to the submissions board and create a new thread using the dropdown option to select the round number and post your pictures. Please make sure you choose the [6 Days of Scavenging] prefix for your thread! All photos must grouped together in one thread, so please don't create multiple threads for the same hunt. Make sure you're satisfied with your photos prior to submitting your thread, as you may not change or edit your entry once it's been posted.

The Hunts

Finished!
Finished!
Finished!
Finished!
Finished!
Headphones or earbuds (dual-ear; no gaming/phone headsets), a canned beverage or canned food with a pop top (metal can, no coffee), and a mousepad (must be an actual standard size mousepad; keyboard pads, desk coverings, large desk mats, squares of fabric, your bedspread, a piece of cardboard, etc. that is currently being used as a mousepad won’t be accepted). See this post for full details!

Rules

• You MUST create a physical namecard of some kind with your TBT username written on it and this card must be present and clearly visible in each photo. Any photo submitted without a namecard will not be counted and will not earn raffle coins. Digitally adding your name to the photos does not count; it must be an actual piece of cardstock or paper with your username on it.
  • Photos submitted as a joke or those that are extremely low effort will not be accepted. For example, if the current hunt calls for you to photograph a car, no taking a photo from your bedroom window of a car parked a mile down the road that's barely visible and -100p resolution.
  • The photos you take must be of actual physical items. No photos of webpages or other digital images will be allowed.
  • All of your photos must be posted together in one thread. If you submit multiple threads for the same hunt, only the first will be counted.
  • Any member found to have used an alternate account as a means to up their chances of winning will be disqualified from the event with all earned prizes removed, and may be disallowed from participating in future TBT events. We will be on the lookout for this, so please be sure to play fair.
  • All photos must be submitted at the same time. Photos added as a new post to your submission thread will not be counted.

Prizes

Each photo you take that meets the criteria for that day will net you 1 Raffle Coin + 20 TBT Bells, for a maximum of 3 Coins and 60 Bells per each hunt. This means you'll be able to earn a maximum of 18 raffle entries. We also have a very special treat for those of you who manage to find all three items from each day's list: a brand new, ultra-quirky friend who will keep you company as you peruse the forums. Some may call it weird or strange, and although similarities exist, I think it's safe to say this little character is in a league all their own. While this other odd little enigma has proven to be elusive and refuses to reveal itself, Coco wasn't satisfied with her role as mere banner aesthetic and insisted on taking on a larger role within the event. Anyone who finds at least one item from each hunt will receive a brand new collectible as proof of their efforts: an adorable Cocotryoshka!

cocotryoshka.png

Now that we've gone over all of that, let's get to the full raffle details! Below you'll see a total of 20 collectibles, some extremely rare, some more common, and some hovering in the middle of the road. All the collectibles detailed below will be given away, but each can only be won once and will be removed from the pool once the winner for that specific collectible is drawn.

1. 55.jpg
  2. 300.jpg
  3. 69.jpg
  4. 68.jpg
  5. 245.jpg
  6. 249.jpg
  7. 104.jpg
  8. 103.jpg
  9. 311.jpg
  10. 312.jpg
  11. 307.jpg
  12. 333.jpg
  13. 363.jpg
  14. 332.jpg
  15. 330.jpg
  16. 358.jpg
  17. 357.jpg
  18. 356.jpg
  19. 113.jpg
  20. 112.jpg

FAQ

Q. Can I win more than once?
A. Yes! Don't fret if you win something that isn't exactly your cup of tea, as each member will have as many entries into the raffle pool as tickets they've purchased and will still be eligible to win the remaining collectibles. Duplicate winners won't be discounted this time around.

Q. Are these collectibles allowed to be sold or traded?
A. Absolutely. The winners may do whatever they wish with their new collectibles.

Q. When will the winners be drawn?
A. All winners will be drawn on Sunday, July 18th after 7pm EST. Make sure you buy your tickets daily to ensure you get the maximum number of entries, as the tickets will be pulled from the shop just before the winners are announced.

Q. Where do I buy my tickets once I receive raffle coins?
A. Tickets can be purchased at the Bell Tree Shop.

Happy hunting, and best of luck to everyone!

omg I've always loved these scavenger hunt games, can't wait to play!! :D

also I adore the cocotryoshka, especially because she's positively purple 🥰 💜 gonna have to find someone to sell me an extra!

I've missed these scavenger hunt events!
Post automatically merged:

also, omg at the coco nesting doll. I love it

Does it matter if we take 3 separate photos or if 2 or more of the items are combined into a single photo?
e.g. if I take a picture of all 3 items together in one photo (with namecard), does that still earn me 3 coins/60TBT?
and/or Is it easier for you to score if we take pictures of each item separately? (e.g. in case one item doesn't qualify, for example)

This sounds fun! And the first one is pretty easy to do provided I get my lazy butt to do it lol.

I have a question: I'm aware that we only get to make one thread for our submissions, but should the items for that day be grouped together or can they be taken individually? For example, July 11 requires me to look for a toothbrush, a graphic tee, and a gaming console, but I only managed to find two. Should I make two individual photos or should the items be grouped together? I'm usually not good at explaining things so I hope you understand.

the snow bunny.........the aurora sky....... damn i’m so excited for this!!! i can already tell that i’m gonna have a lot of fun with this, and the cocotryoshka looks absolutely glorious! 🤩🐰💜

now, if you’ll excuse me, i have a namecard to make and some photos to take. ;)

Looks like a lot of fun! Scavenger hunts are really interesting, and it looks like the first hunt isn’t too difficult. Definitely looking forward to this this week. :]

Does it matter if we take 3 separate photos or if 2 or more of the items are combined into a single photo?
e.g. if I take a picture of all 3 items together in one photo (with namecard), does that still earn me 3 coins/60TBT?
and/or Is it easier for you to score if we take pictures of each item separately? (e.g. in case one item doesn't qualify, for example)
I don't mind if you put all the images in one photo so long as the namecard is visible! It's neither easier nor harder on me either way.
but wait I have a question: do the objects have to be in real life or on the site?
You'll need to find all the items in real life/around your home.
This sounds fun! And the first one is pretty easy to do provided I get my lazy butt to do it lol.

I have a question: I'm aware that we only get to make one thread for our submissions, but should the items for that day be grouped together or can they be taken individually? For example, July 11 requires me to look for a toothbrush, a graphic tee, and a gaming console, but I only managed to find two. Should I make two individual photos or should the items be grouped together? I'm usually not good at explaining things so I hope you understand.
You can take individual photos or put everything in one photo. :)

Ooh this is so exciting! I regretted not taking part in these last time these came around. That banner and Cocotryoshka is so adorable! 🥺 Fantastic artwork!

I am really loving that prize list. I’d die if I won Aurora Sky, purple star frag, celeste or really any of the pricier collectibles. 😍 But i honestly would be happy winning anything. :)

Sounds fun!

Last edited:
Another question: are we allowed to give away the collectibles we win? I'm just asking because i want to do a giveaway for the pokeball if I win it but I understand if it's not ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back