Mafia [GAME THREAD] New Horizons Mafia - A Classic 9er (ENDGAME)

i'd really have to pick glow over him i've townread him all game and votes just help his case bc of damniel's flip

- - - Post Merge - - -

i think i'm really overreading daniel's posts on glow
Ya I think the votes would be indicative too but last time they were scum together Antonio hard bussed Daniel D1 and was the 2nd to vote him, so going to the extreme is something he’s willing to do so idk

- - - Post Merge - - -

On the other hand, Daniel tr glow and glow barely mentioned Daniel at all throughout D1, maybe like once?

yeah but bussing your roleblocker in a small game w/ 2pr when you already have a lynch leading on a townie? e_e

The village has decided to gather once again to determine who it was that made an attempt to send Isabelle away to the hospital and most people were in agreement that they ought to just send Tommy away along with his brother because he was continuing his twin's work. But things weren't that simple. They knew they needed to be absolutely sure it was him before sending him away because without the Nook business, the residents of the island would be left without a lot of the supplies they need if the business were to be shut down completely.

When they gave Tommy a chance to speak and defend himself, he was ready. His defense was simple:

"Isabelle, I wouldn't have a way to get a hold of a tarantula! It's not the season for them and papa would never allow us to have a pet like that. You remember when Timmy and I begged him for a scorpion?"

Isabelle nodded, "Yes, I do."

"Well you also know he wouldn't budge and we were only able to get a few pond smelts!"

"So your defense is that your daddy didn't let you own a scorpion and that it's not the season for them?" Asked the snooty villager, "So what? It doesn't change the fact that we're -pretty sure- you boys set your father up so you could do what you want, including owning any pets you wanted."

"You can take a look at our place and see that we don't have one, or even a cage for it! But I tell you who does keep weird pets...him!" Timmy points at the old cranky villager, "Dobie does! He's got snakes, monitors, scorpions, -and- venemous spiders!"

The old wolf crosses his arms, "So what if I do? I'd never put my little Petunia at risk of being smashed so I can envenom one of you whippersnappers!"

One of the peppy villagers interjected, "But you've always been mean and anti-social! Why, one time you even sent your monitor running towards me in your yard!"

"Well that's because you're always singing too loud, feeding the birds that poop all over my garden, and I -don't- want to buy any of your stupid cookies." The old wolf opens his mouth, "Look at these teeth! Do they look like they need any sugar?!"

"Hows about we just check his spider tank to see if it's still in there?" Asked one of the lazy villagers.

They all agreed on this, it was a good idea. Dobie agreed to it without a second thought, not wanting to be bothered by the residents by their accusations. What he didn't realize is that little Tommy had snuck into his house when he was sleeping and taken the spider out. And given spiders don't have to be fed or given water every single day, Dobie hadn't checked since the day before yesterday.

She was gone.

No matter what the old wolf said from there, nobody wanted to believe him, what with all these moments of antagonism and unfriendliness coming from him. The majority was easily reached and he was exiled from the island. Due to restrictions on the mainland he wasn't allowed to take all of his beloved pets back with him, either.

unravel has been exiled. unravel was...

Dobie the Vanilla Townie

200px-Dobie_NL.png

You are one of the animals who have decided to move to the island and start a new life there. You have no special powers, other than your voice.

Night 3 Begins

You have 12 hours to get in your actions before day 4 begins at 9am EST on 3/16. Antonio has been warned for not voting.

"Congratulations, you've been invited to explore the galaxy and all its wonders with many beloved characters, and we've judged you to be one of them! Please hop on a plane until you reach the Final Destination, and don't forget your stuff!"

Isabelle fell for it. Tommy just tricked her into packing all of her stuff up and joining a deadly fighting competition. Only she won't die there. No, she'll find that no matter how many disasters happen she will reappear just above the stage, unable to leave the cast. I guess she'll just have to square up and become the ultimate fighter, even though she dearly misses the friends she'd made on the island.

Pathetic's life has been ruined. Pathetic was...

Isabelle the town cop.

Having served the mayor of a town for years upon years, you get a sense of whether there's something right or wrong with a person. Each night you may choose another player to inspect for alignment. If they are town, they will come back as '____ is clean' and if they are mafia they will come back as '____ is dirty.'

Day 4 Begins

You have until 9pm EST on 3/17 to vote.

Living players:

Antonio
Heyden
glow

So if heyden confirmed townie then that means it's glow that is scum.

- - - Post Merge - - -

God this was so easy, thanks to pathetic.

glow - as said before, glow has been someone who ik is a strong player and has had a presence this whole d1 but hasn't given too much content yet. only two of their posts so far are actually serious and those posts are really only comments on what was going on at the time. i would figure that glow would've provided something deeper or actively scum hunt but their passiveness is a bit off to me. granted, they said they had an exam so this can easily be explained by not being able to focus on the game yet. still, though this is truthly my weakest scum read im still a bit sus and want to here more general thoughts from them.

antonio- if not ness then i think we should lynch antonio, ignoring the writing style choices i found before (bc those were very minor things), his presense has just been very minimal and mediocre. he's the other player that's been very fixated on me which is fine enough but like ness he also hasn't developed deep enough opinions on the other players. (tbh i don't think there's been enough talk on the newcomers shawo and pathetic but this applies to everyone). i think that a few of his points on me are fine enough to believe but he also hasn't really provided a comprehensive list on anyone else. the main difference between ness and antonio in my head is that ness is one of the most active players so far but has done much but tunnel while antonio has gone to the sidelines except when he tunnels. i would like to hear more assertive opinions on the other players and who he thinks the other maf besides me and his town reads too. one problem im having with this read though is that i don't see him being teamed with ness since ness has defending antonio while only saying his tone is genuine, so if ness flips maf im less sure of antonio.

HELLO what am I supposed to do with this information

- - - Post Merge - - -

I mean it's probably glow but I've but scumreading Antonio the whole game, but also all my reads have been wrong so.

HELLO what am I supposed to do with this information

- - - Post Merge - - -

I mean it's probably glow but I've but scumreading Antonio the whole game, but also all my reads have been wrong so.

His reads were hard to compare to his possible teammate. I read them over again when I looking at possible connections between you and damniel and couldn't find a pattern.

asdfghjkl

- - - Post Merge - - -

If it's you Antonio I'll cry

- - - Post Merge - - -

Whats throwing me off is glow's post where she reacted to Pathetic's cop scum result, where she was like 'I wouldn't fall for the reaction test as mafia nor town', WOULDN'T YOU AS MAFIA JUST SUCCUMB TO THE REACTION TEST idk it just screams so town

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ok its 1am zzzzzzzzz

hayden

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ya I think the votes would be indicative too but last time they were scum together Antonio hard bussed Daniel D1 and was the 2nd to vote him, so going to the extreme is something he’s willing to do so idk

- - - Post Merge - - -

On the other hand, Daniel tr glow and glow barely mentioned Daniel at all throughout D1, maybe like once?

hayden there was no feasible way that Daniel could have been lynched unless you voted him

- - - Post Merge - - -

asdfghjkl

- - - Post Merge - - -

If it's you Antonio I'll cry

- - - Post Merge - - -

Whats throwing me off is glow's post where she reacted to Pathetic's cop scum result, where she was like 'I wouldn't fall for the reaction test as mafia nor town', WOULDN'T YOU AS MAFIA JUST SUCCUMB TO THE REACTION TEST idk it just screams so town

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ok its 1am zzzzzzzzz

can you please unvote I'll be off work in a few hrs

- - - Post Merge - - -

Daniel scumread me since early d1 how can you say he tr'd me

- - - Post Merge - - -

Antonio barely pushed Daniel d1 btw

- - - Post Merge - - -

the only reason i know this is bc during night 1 i iso'd everyone and looked for their sr's and put it in a list and Antonio made 1-2 comments about Daniel but never explicitly stated he scumread him

his push was super weak

- - - Post Merge - - -

anyway i would have never killed shawo

i know him too well to think that he'd claim cop day start on d2 with doctor dead n1 while multiple people were pushing on Daniel

- - - Post Merge - - -

i also had the feeling pathetic was pr after i pushed on him rly hard which is part of why I let it go

Hayden you need to read Antonio's early game

then read where he got super annoyed for everyone that voted Ness despite being passive on his reads. he never campaigned for Daniel until d2 (when Daniel was kinda toast anyway)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry. currently in class.

My case was that damniel read on you lack substance for you to be considered sus. His claims for you being sus included:

1. Your tone is aggressive/emotional for you to be considered townie. - Tone doesn't mean someone is sus, it's just mean their tone is whatever the tone was described.

2. You keeping your vote on unravel for way too long. - It was a joke to begin with, him not removing the vote when you think he should've doesn't mean it's role alignment.

Basically, daniel has a weak case against you unless I am forgetting something. However, he's still relentless about you being scum. Of course, it's day 1 so there is never much to work with.

he picks apart Daniel's arguments but leads it nowhere

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was gonna make a case for daniel but literally unravel and ness took the words out of my mouth. Aggressive tone doesn't mena someone is sus, it just means they are aggressive.

again picks at Daniel but doesn't execute any solid case that he's scum

- - - Post Merge - - -

k my lunch break is over hope u enjoyed the post merge hell courtesy of mobile tbt 2.0

- - - Post Merge - - -

That was because damniel was inactive and me scumming reading him would've been the perfect cover.

- - - Post Merge - - -

hayden

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hayden there was no feasible way that Daniel could have been lynched unless you voted him

- - - Post Merge - - -

can you please unvote I'll be off work in a few hrs

- - - Post Merge - - -

Daniel scumread me since early d1 how can you say he tr'd me

- - - Post Merge - - -

Antonio barely pushed Daniel d1 btw

- - - Post Merge - - -

the only reason i know this is bc during night 1 i iso'd everyone and looked for their sr's and put it in a list and Antonio made 1-2 comments about Daniel but never explicitly stated he scumread him

his push was super weak

- - - Post Merge - - -

anyway i would have never killed shawo

i know him too well to think that he'd claim cop day start on d2 with doctor dead n1 while multiple people were pushing on Daniel

- - - Post Merge - - -

i also had the feeling pathetic was pr after i pushed on him rly hard which is part of why I let it go

Hayden you need to read Antonio's early game

then read where he got super annoyed for everyone that voted Ness despite being passive on his reads. he never campaigned for Daniel until d2 (when Daniel was kinda toast anyway)

- - - Post Merge - - -

he picks apart Daniel's arguments but leads it nowhere

- - - Post Merge - - -

again picks at Daniel but doesn't execute any solid case that he's scum

- - - Post Merge - - -

k my lunch break is over hope u enjoyed the post merge hell courtesy of mobile tbt 2.0

I agree, my gameplay wasn't the best during day 1. I mean, it's always been like that during day 1, no matter what my alignment is. I don't usually push myself to come to a solid conclusion unless I have certainty in my suspicions. I usually just place my vote on who's the most suspicious to me. I was worried I could've been wrong about damniel but I did push him the best I could, pointing out the flaws in his arguments and since he was the most suspicious to me, I voted for him.

To be honest, I wasn't 100% sure about damniel during day 1 so I felt like I could've been wrong. His actions were still the most suspicious (voting ness based on emotion, like wtf) so I placed my vote on him. Plus, with midterms coming up and me trying to finish my RA application, I didn't have much time to participate during day 1 - day 2. Still don't tbh because I have midterms tomorrow. Priorities first, ya know?

Also looking back at Day 1, I don't see a single post about you talking about damniel (unless I missed it). I mean, he, ness, and toad were the most talkative during day 1 but I don't see anything about the ness situation besides you saying you didn't want to vote him so you were gonna vote Heyden unless "y'all wanted to blitz pathetic". It's kind of hard to miss the discussion between ness and damniel and not come to a conclusion. Still, though, your vote was on pathetic and so was most of your discussion throughout that phase.

Finally, I had read during day 1 but where were yours? All you did was list everyone reads without providing yours. Yeah, my reads weren't solid because it was day 1 but I still wanted to lay out my thoughts, even if they weren't the best thoughts. Plus, they weren't passive, they just weren't solid conclusions due to how early the game was.

I understand the point you are trying to make and I agree, my push could've been better. However, I lack the confidence in my reads to make a better effort plus with personal life getting in the way, I didn't have much time to do stuff. However, you comparing my gameplay as weak when you barely made an effort during day 1 besides your push on pathetic. It's a bit hypocritical tbh.

- - - Post Merge - - -

To be honest, are day 1 behavior are quite similar. You had exams and I had classes, midterms, and other stuff so we were quite busy with life. We pushed one person.

- - - Post Merge - - -

God, I've been saying to be honest a lot. Wtf is up with that.

is hayden gonna lynch me over his d1 sr that's sad

- - - Post Merge - - -

hayden if u think i'm mafia then you're saying i killed a VT knowingly

ok well I've been helping shawo move all day so /shrug

Maybe if it was 2 goons, but bussing your RB on D1 with 2 PRs is just so stupid that if Antonio is actually scum then... not really wow smart, but wow why

dude wrote a text wall to me longer than 99% of his posts this game

- - - Post Merge - - -

he didn't bus

Back