Zelda Wii... Link... Flying?!

bdubs2594 said:
Wow, you're kidding me. Double post. Anyways, I have to give this post some meaning...

Tye said:
it will use Wii MotionPlus, which is a very good thing.
I don't mean to offend, but Wii controls are horrible. I remember when I played Twilight Princess, the hardest part of the game was wrangling the pigs into the stable. THAT'S HOW HARD IT IS. Can't Nintendo add Gamecube support or something? Even with Wii motion plus things won't change.
Have you played Wii Sports Resort swordplay? It's AMAZING. The sword moves exactly how you move the Wii Remote. Zelda Wii will be just like that. Miyamoto and Aonuma have already said that the development is coming along great, and Wii MotionPlus us working wonderfully. The controls are going to be greatly improved. Adding GCN controller support would completely defeat the purpose. >_>

Tyeforce said:
bdubs2594 said:
Wow, you're kidding me. Double post. Anyways, I have to give this post some meaning...

Tye said:
I don't mean to offend, but Wii controls are horrible. I remember when I played Twilight Princess, the hardest part of the game was wrangling the pigs into the stable. THAT'S HOW HARD IT IS. Can't Nintendo add Gamecube support or something? Even with Wii motion plus things won't change.
Have you played Wii Sports Resort swordplay? It's AMAZING. The sword moves exactly how you move the Wii Remote. Zelda Wii will be just like that. Miyamoto and Aonuma have already said that the development is coming along great, and Wii MotionPlus us working wonderfully. The controls are going to be greatly improved. Adding GCN controller support would completely defeat the purpose. >_>
That's not a good thing, it was bad enough flicking your wrist. I don't want to swing my whole arm.

Tyeforce said:
bdubs2594 said:

Tye said:
Hopefully this time they will be considerate of left handed people.

AverageSean said:
Tyeforce said:
bdubs2594 said:

Tye said:
That's not a good thing, it was bad enough flicking your wrist. I don't want to swing my whole arm.
Then you're just plain lazy. >_>

Tyeforce said:
AverageSean said:
Tyeforce said:
bdubs2594 said:

Tye said:
As long as it doesn't make you sore the next morning like Wii boxing i'm ok with it.

Tyeforce said:
AverageSean said:
Tyeforce said:
bdubs2594 said:

Tye said:
Is what 97% of gamers are.

Tyeforce said:
AverageSean said:
Tyeforce said:
bdubs2594 said:

Tye said:
Yes, but if gamers wanted to be active then they wouldn't be gaming now would they? I know that after a long day, I want to sit down and enjoy a good vidyah. Not to violently wave my arms around like a *censored.1.2*.

bdubs2594 said:
Tyeforce said:
AverageSean said:
Tyeforce said:
bdubs2594 said:

Quoting limited to 5 levels deep
Yes, but if gamers wanted to be active then they wouldn't be gaming now would they? I know that after a long day, I want to sit down and enjoy a good vidyah. Not to violently wave my arms around like a *censored.1.2*.
It'd be way too complicated to give it non wii plus functionality, Nintendo could do it, but they are way too lazy to even attempt it.

Megamannt125 said:
bdubs2594 said:
Tyeforce said:
AverageSean said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepexactly how you move the Wii Remote. Zelda Wii will be just like that. Miyamoto and Aonuma have already said that the development is coming along great, and Wii MotionPlus us working wonderfully. The controls are going to be greatly improved. Adding GCN controller support would completely defeat the purpose. >_>
It'd be way too complicated to give it non wii plus functionality, Nintendo could do it, but they are way too lazy to even attempt it.
Hence the reason why I'm not even interested in games on the Wii...besides the massive amounts of shovelware, of course.

Talking first on Wii MotionPlus, I've been working on the Wii version of The Legend of Zelda simultaneously with working on Spirit Tracks and now we have already come to the stage that Link is wielding his sword just as you are shaking your Wii remote. It's so natural I sometimes have to wonder why it was not available in previous games.

I think it's going to be quite surprising, but it's so natural maybe not so surprising for new Zelda fans. But it must be quite a surprise for existing and long-term Zelda fans. Maybe they will say, 'why couldn't Nintendo apply the same system to Twilight Princess? You already had the Wii remote.' Among the fans I think it's going to be quite a big difference.

As to other elements of Wii MotionPlus, I'm afraid I have to refrain from talking anything probably until E3 next year. The only thing I may be able to confirm is, we are trying to change the structure, how the game proceeds, in terms of how you have been playing The Legend of Zelda franchise so far. That's a little thing I can say, but I hope people will be surprised by knowing what I mean right now. - Eiji Aonuma

Tyeforce said:
Talking first on Wii MotionPlus, I've been working on the Wii version of The Legend of Zelda simultaneously with working on Spirit Tracks and now we have already come to the stage that ]
A person working on the game actually saying it's good? Who would've guessed?

Until I actually see a truthful review by an independent reviewer, not any big name companies like IGN or Gametrailers, then I'll have faith in this game.

I liked Ocarina of Time. :/ Who cares if it took too damn long to put the boots on and off.

Knightlordco said:
I want ]That will just make Zelda love him more. :gyroiddance:

And flying Link? Meh.. as long as it's not corny. I'm looking forward to it.

nintenmad said:
lol @ people who are still able to doubt zelda after 20 years of top class games
lol @ you who think we're doubting Zleda.

We're doubting Nintendo. And WiiMotion+

Back