You guys excited for Nintendo next new system code name the NX ?

Applelicious

Bells
Small Mailbox
Winter Mittens
You guys gonna buy the new system that Nintendo will release next year and if so you think it might be backward compatible to play Wii u games ?... And if it is will you sale your Wii u and get the NX or will you just keep your Wii u and just buy the NX..

Also depending on the price and also I don't have a Wii u yet , but should I just buy a Wii u or wait until Nintendo release more information about their new system that they are making and just save up money to buy that one ?...

You can read more about it here about the NX ..

http://kotaku.com/nintendos-next-console-is-code-named-the-nintendo-nx-1691867268

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/first-details-of-nintendo-s-next-system-the-nx/1100-6425959/

I'm not excited because we don't know anything about it yet. I'd have to wait until E3 to say whether or not I'm excited; I'm hyped for the games Nintendo is releasing next year, though. Glad Nintendo finally pushed their focus to games this E3

So far, we all know very little about NX, therefore it's hard to get excited for it right away.
One thing we're certainly aware of, is that there's a rumor that the system won't surpass the technical specs of PS4. And there were mentions of fusing both the console and handheld teams into one during a part of Nintendo's undergoing transformation, therefore a hybrid of home console and handheld would be likely.

Backward compatibility for Wii U software seems to be almost a given, since NX would feature the same hardware architecture as its predecessor. One can even say that Wii software could be supported as well, but I've never seen a company being able to support 2 previous-gen platforms at once outside of Virtual Console. For the entire 3DS compatibility, they might need to implement a few extra chips to properly emulate these software, although it'll bump the MSRP up.

As for the current and next-gen dilemma, if there's enough games that you're interested in, then it's never a bad idea to purchase a Wii U anytime. There's plenty of Wii U retail games, and even download-only games. You'll find Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3 and even more. Do some research and determine if you should get it or not.

I don't think I'm likely getting NX at launch, especially given that it's never guaranteed that the launch months are going to make me envy. Since Wii U had a good start but ultimately failed to deliver great games consistently for nearly a year and half, I barely played that console aside of Virtual Console games for quite some time. If they want to make me purchase the next-gen console, I'd need either at least 5 retail games that are actually worth playing or let me fully transfer everything from my Wii U to NX. At least, I've got plenty of games to play for quite some time.

Pretty much what they said. I need a lot more info before I can find any interest in if, and I heard its not as powerful as PS4 which has me a bit worried. And the fact that they are terrible at getting third party support. I had a lot of regrets after getting a wii U and mainly just ended up using it for Netflix and virtual console.

I do like the concept of it being both a handheld and a home console in one.

maybe later i'll get excited for it, but right now, i really couldn't care less about a console we know nothing about

I didn't sell my wii when I got the wii u because the new one didn't play gamecube games and my wii did. So if the nx plays wii u there's no reason to keep that or reason to believe it would be worth much in the used consoles for sale dept.

imo nintendo are releasing consoles rly fast look at xbox it took them 7 years to make their new console and it seems to have paid off they're rushing into things and its making me lose interest in nintendo as I don't want to be spending more and more money

I'm not excited because we don't know anything about it yet. I'd have to wait until E3 to say whether or not I'm excited; I'm hyped for the games Nintendo is releasing next year, though. Glad Nintendo finally pushed their focus to games this E3

I was gonna say something its already been said.

No, I am not excited. We know nothing.

Well, the fact that we don't know anything about it is what makes it exciting! I'll probably end up being dissapointed in it though.
I haven't bought a home console since the Gamecube so I hope the "NX" will be all about the games rather than some silly control-gimmicks. Then I will actually get it.

Noooo your icon pic why must you have that v.v I miss fraggle rock so much x.x.. Every time I see a pic from past TV shows and cartoon shows it always makes me sad and makes me miss them so much XD I grew up in the 90's and those where some of the best years ever...

And that is true lets hope the NX will become a good console I can't wait for Nintendo to announce it at the next e3. And hope they puck a good name for it as well.

I would be excited, if I hadn't just bought my Wii U very recently!
I'm worried that the Wii U will have much less focus now so there won't be too many more games for it. I'm also worried if the NX will launch later 2016 or early 2017 - should I just have waited a bit longer and saved my money?
If NX is not backwards compatible, I'd be reassured with my purchase. If it is, then I'd be eh but I would still have a lot of fun now until then.

I probably wouldn't have gotten NX at launch (would wait for a deal or good price unless it is already unbelievably good value) but I spent loads of my money on the Wii U so I don't want my Wii U to become obsolete so quickly.

I would be excited, if I hadn't just bought my Wii U very recently!
I'm worried that the Wii U will have much less focus now so there won't be too many more games for it. I'm also worried if the NX will launch later 2016 or early 2017 - should I just have waited a bit longer and saved my money?
If NX is not backwards compatible, I'd be reassured with my purchase. If it is, then I'd be eh but I would still have a lot of fun now until then.

I probably wouldn't have gotten NX at launch (would wait for a deal or good price unless it is already unbelievably good value) but I spent loads of my money on the Wii U so I don't want my Wii U to become obsolete so quickly.

Don't fret. I have bought the Wii U in 2013 and already, with all the games released for it with which I have played : Assassin's Creed IV, The Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart 8, Wii Party U, Nintendoland, Unepic, Chariot, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Splatoon, the Virtual Console (Harvest Moon yeah!), etc. I feel like this console was really worth it. You just have less time to enjoy it until the NX comes around.

Last edited:
Now, you talk about it replacing the Wii U, but Nintendo isn't sure if this will be a home console, portable or hybrid, or actually replace the Wii U or the 3DS.

I'm excited. I passed on the Wii U. Haven't played on a new home console in a while. That or some hybrid would be cool. We'll have to see. The NX has as much closure of an iPod Touch 6th generation.

It probably depends what games will launch for it in the first 6-12 months. And of course the system functionality itself...

If it were a hybrid, the console part would have to be at least slightly superior to Wii U for it to sell, right? Unless it was much cheaper of course. So I feel like it could replace the Wii U in that respect.

I did get my 3DS in 2011 or 2012 iirc though. So I could get an NX to replace my 3DS rather than replace my Wii U (if it is hybrid) as an excuse. ;D

- - - Post Merge - - -

If it were a hybrid, the console part would have to be at least slightly superior to Wii U for it to sell, right? Unless it was much cheaper of course. So I feel like it could replace the Wii U in that respect.

I did get my 3DS in 2011 or 2012 iirc though. So I could get an NX to replace my 3DS rather than replace my Wii U (if it is hybrid) as an excuse. ;D

the nx has actually got me thinking as i dont have a wii u yet (mk8 and splatoon are the 2 games i rly want) however now that the nx has been announced im not sure about buying a wii u

should i go ahead and buy the wii u anyway

Back